PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2010-2011 Season!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Yehudi
10-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Rumor has it Moss got traded to the Vikings. I wonder what Bill knows that we don't?

Beefcake
10-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Rumor has it Moss got traded to the Vikings. I wonder what Bill knows that we don't?
Not a rumor anymore, but confirmed. Answer to your question: "Nothing." We all know that Moss is past his prime and more importantly is locker room poison.

While I dislike some things about the guy, I admire that Belichick is one who'll make a decision, then follow-up on that decision come hell or high water. With this, he avoids an ugly build-up to Moss' contract negotiations, and rids the clubhouse of a major grouch.

On the downside, Moss is still good for a spectacular play every-other game or so, and of all teams, the Pats -- with three dramatically close Super Bowl wins -- know that one play can make all the difference in a game. And NE's old man, drafty defense isn't going to leave the offense with much wiggle room this season ... ergo even a whining ball of drama might be missed if his one-handed magical catch with .02 seconds left "never happened".

Beefcake
10-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Poor Minnesota. First they endure Favre Drama 2009, then elect Senator Stuart Smalley, then they endure Favre Drama 2010. And now this.

TWO of the NFL's three biggest drama queens on offense! So, are ya sure you don't wanna trade for TO, as well, Minny? Make it all :drama: all the time? :P

chipso1
10-06-2010, 06:05 PM
The Vikings are lame. Everyone in MN knows that the Twins are where it's at! :hat1:

UMBS Go Blue
10-11-2010, 07:21 AM
Super Bowl High $takes vBet! :cheer2:
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75355

Beefcake
10-11-2010, 04:10 PM
:watch: Did simmering resentment over the past two years culminate in a Brady/Moss near-fisticuffs confrontation? Some say yes, some say no. Did Tommy Boy tell Randy to cut his ridiculous mangy-looking facial hair, and did Randy cut back with an insult -- which est. 99.4% of us agree with -- that Tom's hair (hel-LO Kristy McNichol (http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Tom-Brady-Hair-300x279.jpg)) is girly and needs cut pronto?

:puppet: Arizona's scoring 30 points and winning a game (over the reigning Super Bowl champions) despite not scoring a rushing or passing touchdown. [Offensive fumble return for touchdown, defensive fumble return for touchdown, interception return for touchdown, three field goals]

:shuffle: Doesn't it seem like there are 20 teams with a 3-2 record? Parity at its utmost right now.

:slinkaway Dallas 1-3

:o Carolina QB Kerry Collins has a 5.9 rating for the season. Oh my. Re: Carolina: is this team or Buffalo the worst in the NFL?

Badams
10-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Buffalo is the worst. The march to the first draft pick just continues for them.

Beefcake
10-13-2010, 01:11 AM
Have to admit that I was rooting for ol' Favre last night ... his enthusiasm was infectious. But, alas, he was the Brett Favre we've known for woe these years -- brilliance undone by a gunslinger mistake or two. :drama:

Moss drama ... yes, already, why not? (www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/235950-moss-curses-at-a-reporter-after-vikes-loss?xid=Fanhouse)

How on earth is Dallas America's favorite team? (www.detnews.com/article/20101011/SPORTS0101/10110408/1126/sports0101/Poll--Lions-rank-30th-in-popularity-in-32-team-NFL) For every person I know of who likes the team, there are 10 who despise the franchise and its PTB. Meanwhile the Steelers, Colts, Pats, Saints and Packers have adoring fans everywhere. I demand a good peek :COP: at the survey's geographic coverage ... skandal! Boo, Harris Interactive!

Well, at least the Giants smoked the Jets. :P

The Dallas Cowboys finished first for the fourth straight year. The Indianapolis Colts rose to second from fourth in the poll, the Green Bay Packers climbed to third from sixth and the Pittsburgh Steelers fell two places to fourth.

1. Dallas Cowboys

2. Indianapolis Colts

3. Green Bay Packers

4. Pittsburgh Steelers

5. New Orleans Saints

6. New England Patriots

7. New York Giants

8. Minnesota Vikings

9. Chicago Bears

15. Washington Redskins

16. New York Jets

31. Seattle Seahawks

32. Jacksonville Jaguars

jeffisjeff
10-13-2010, 01:15 AM
Have to admit that I was rooting for ol' Favre last night ... his enthusiasm was infectious. But, alas, he was the Brett Favre we've known for woe these years -- brilliance undone by a gunslinger mistake or two. :drama:

Me too. We Patriots fans needed the Jets to lose this one. :drama: And, yeah, that was a classic Favre ending. But good for him reaching 500 and beyond. First guy ever, by a longshot!

Beefcake
10-13-2010, 01:22 AM
Peyton needs Favre to finally retire so he can work on closing that career TDs gap. :P

OTOH, Brett will probably forever hold many other marks including a couple of :shuffle: less coveted ones ... Most career Interceptions thrown and Most times sacked.

Cheylana
10-13-2010, 05:02 AM
I'm not all that rah-rah for the Jets (more partial to the Redskins and Giants) but I was really impressed with Tomlinson and Cromartie on MNF, they were both outstanding. Come to think of it, LT hasn't been to a Superbowl yet, has he? I may have to root for the Jets a bit this season, even though Rex Ryan is kind of annoying. Will be a tough road to get past the Ravens and Steelers though, and the Pats are still in the thick of things even with their less-than-amazing defense.

myhoneyhoney
10-13-2010, 06:28 PM
My Niners are just pathetic

Yup, our niners sure are! I'm ready to ask for David Carr out there even if it'll mean him getting sacked at least 5 times.:D He's nice to look at! lol

Beefcake
10-18-2010, 04:21 PM
:cool: Messy road win for Team Triage -- the Colts. A dozen, easy, starters out injured, and some knocked out during the game, but Indy had what it needed -- #18 in the game. Coulda/shoulda/woulda been a 3-TD Colts win but for two missed Viniateri FGs, and three fumbles lost that resulted in a +17 points swing for the Skins. Coulda been a loss, too, as that last McNabb interception was two inches from being a McNabb TD. But, hey, a road win is a road win!

:mad: Pains me to say that the Jets are really impressing me. Bah!

:wideeyes: More pain for me. Kudos to the Patriots [and groan coach Belichick] for pulling out their fairy dust and coming up with a sterling record so far this season. Putting down the Ravens is a statement for NE.

:o Buh bye Dallas ... no home Super Bowl 4 U

deltask8er
10-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Junior Seau, the NFL's latest hot mess :(

http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/18/junior-seau-arrested-domestic-violence-car-cliff-carlsbad-girlfriend/

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tv-station-says-junior-seau-drove-off-cliff-101810

Rex
10-18-2010, 09:31 PM
Junior Seau, the NFL's latest hot mess :(

http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/18/junior-seau-arrested-domestic-violence-car-cliff-carlsbad-girlfriend/

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tv-station-says-junior-seau-drove-off-cliff-101810

He drove his car off a cliff :duh:. And we thought there were drama queens in skating!