PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2010-2011 Season!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Theatregirl1122
09-20-2010, 02:42 AM
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: Patriots

VIETgrlTerifa
09-20-2010, 04:46 AM
That is great and all for the people IN New Orleans. The rest of us do not give a SINGLE SHIT!

You obviously do otherwise you wouldn't have given such an extreme reaction. How are those sour grapes tasting?

numbers123
09-20-2010, 04:58 AM
You obviously do otherwise you wouldn't have given such an extreme reaction. How are those sour grapes tasting?

I think that most of us were happy for New Orleans and the Saints win, it was the constant shoving down the throats of everyone for the last year that these guys saved New Orleans from ruins and downtrodden masses.

Yeah, it was a good thing, but don't tell me 17,000 times a second how the Saints are the second coming of the Savior.

I personally don't think that is sour grapes, but YMMV and obviously does

jeffisjeff
09-20-2010, 05:15 AM
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: Patriots

I blame Tommy's hair. Yuck!

Re: The Saints. I love them, largely because they had faith in Brees, who I've been cheering for years, when it seemed that no other team did. If they are over-hyped, or hyped for the wrong reasons, I don't really care - as long as they are living up to the hype. :P I loved the SuperBowl last year, and I loved the atmosphere surrounding the Saints last year. What I felt was tons of support from fans of all sorts (fans of the Saints, fans of other teams, non-football fans), without the usual need to hate on other teams.

BigB08822
09-20-2010, 05:18 AM
That is great and all for the people IN New Orleans. The rest of us do not give a SINGLE SHIT!

Well with that way of thinking then only people who live in cities with a franchise should ever give a crap about any team (and then only their team). That is not the case or the NFL would be out of business or at the very least, a lot smaller than it is.

VIETgrlTerifa
09-20-2010, 05:36 AM
I think that most of us were happy for New Orleans and the Saints win, it was the constant shoving down the throats of everyone for the last year that these guys saved New Orleans from ruins and downtrodden masses.

Yeah, it was a good thing, but don't tell me 17,000 times a second how the Saints are the second coming of the Savior.

I personally don't think that is sour grapes, but YMMV and obviously does

How dark reflection of you.

Beefcake
09-20-2010, 05:37 AM
Colts 35
Giants 17

Big brother doesn't start a season 0-2. And, Indy fans will be rockin' the Luke on a Sunday night!
38-14 Colts. :encore: Thank you. Thank you very much.

Vintage Colts, as big bro and his offensive troupe sliced their way through the Giants secondary. And typically monstrous defensive games by Freeney and Mathis ... two sacks each on Eli plus three forced fumbles between them. :wideeyes: Colts are fine, I think, after all. It's going to be touch for any team to win at Houston this season.

Patriots defense ... looked. its. age. today. A step slow, and piling up the penalties while trying to overcompensate for being "there" a second too late. They made Sanchez look fantastic. THAT is telling.

Catherine M
09-20-2010, 02:30 PM
I was doing some home remodeling yesterday so I only watched the games with one eye but from what I saw of the Vikings/Miami game, Favre looks even worse than he did in the first week. I guess 20 million dollars is good enough reason to come back but man he should have stayed retired. Doubt he'll make it through the full season.

As for the Cowboys, not at all surprised that they are struggling. And the Pats have real problems on defense. Still a long way to go in the season for all these teams so it will be interesting to see who is still in contention come November!

NeilJLeonard
09-20-2010, 05:09 PM
I was doing some home remodeling yesterday so I only watched the games with one eye but from what I saw of the Vikings/Miami game, Favre looks even worse than he did in the first week. I guess 20 million dollars is good enough reason to come back but man he should have stayed retired. Doubt he'll make it through the full season.

As for the Cowboys, not at all surprised that they are struggling. And the Pats have real problems on defense. Still a long way to go in the season for all these teams so it will be interesting to see who is still in contention come November!
Yes, 14 more games to go before the playoffs start..:)

The big shocker is that Miami has started 2-0. They play the Jets next W/E in Miami. The big question is, as always, which team will have the most fans in the stadium...:D

NJL

Beefcake
09-20-2010, 09:27 PM
I wonder if Favre reads any of the arrows being slung at him from pretty much everywhere? This one is particularly :cat:

Don't they say be nice to your elders?

Normally that is the case, except, of course, when that grandpa cuts you off in traffic. :lol: And when it comes to a 40-year-old Wrangler-wearing quarterback, there's no need to be nice.

It's time to pile on Brett Favre, not softly either, but like a bale of hay landing on his head.

Favre looks more toasted than Lindsay Lohan on a bender. :rofl:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/prisco/grades/week2

BigB08822
09-22-2010, 03:13 AM
Thanks to the Saints for taking another few years off of my life.

jeffisjeff
09-22-2010, 03:27 AM

At least they didn't make me stay awake for overtime!

Cheylana
09-22-2010, 04:41 AM
Seriously. I picked them for my suicide NFL pool this week, I was really holding my breath there!

figurefan
09-23-2010, 01:53 AM
I blame Tommy's hair. Yuck!

I agree, the hair is really bad and it is so not him.

Ugly wins are still wins so thank you Bengals for the ugly win this afternoon. More specifically, thank you Mike Nugent for earning your paycheck today with five FGs, thank you Carson for not throwing any INTs, and thank you Bengals defense for remembering to show up this week. :rollin: (And thank you Joe Flacco for totally sucking all afternoon, LOL :P)

I'm still waiting for Carson to return to his former glory...he has got to quit missing wide open receivers. The coaching staff definitely picked the right kicker when they went with Nugent. Glad the defense took advantage of the sucky Flacco.

A win is a win and I will take it, just hope to see more fireworks in future games. It seems like we always win ugly win playing a division opponent.

Beefcake
09-24-2010, 10:17 PM
What did Ryan do/say?
I'll let Mikey tell you. (www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14007622/jets-learning-hard-way-all-publicity-not-good-publicity) Mikey hates everything. Hey Mikey.

but, yeh, Ryan and his band of criminals and other various stereotypes are pretty poor role models