PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2010-2011 Season!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

jeffisjeff
09-13-2010, 06:52 PM
Speaking of New England, the recent, renewed :argue: between the Pats and NY Jets - combined with NY coach Ryan's odious behavior in the Jets' reality series and Brady's ongoing transition into co-league statesman - has me, for the first time in a decade, hoping to see the Pats finish well ... at least relative to the Jets.

What did Ryan do/say?

jenny12
09-14-2010, 05:31 AM
Oh gawd yes! The New Orleans Saints is a sports team, comprising of millionaire men and making gazillions for marketers and a monolith sports franchise ...

... not some deity set upon this earth to bless a downtrodden people.

I'm a big fan of Drew Brees, but I agree with this. The Saints are a great team, but I hated the media portrayal of them last year v. The Colts, as if The Colts were these spoiled millionaires and The Saints were a ragtag group of blue collar workers. They are all millionaires, so I wish the media didn't do this annoying narrative that makes the team into poor underdogs who are struggling. I'd love to see Brees win a second ring, but if they do get back to the Superbowl, I hope the coverage of them changes.

myhoneyhoney
09-14-2010, 03:46 PM
woohoo, my hubby's fave team (the KC Chiefs, even though he's always lived in the SF Bay Area so go figure... I think it's because Joe Montana went there) WON! What a surprise that was.

Beefcake
09-14-2010, 04:09 PM
woohoo, my hubby's fave team (the KC Chiefs, even though he's always lived in the SF Bay Area so go figure... I think it's because Joe Montana went there) WON! What a surprise that was.
Congrats to KC! Nice win at home for a team that's taken a lot of flak over the past few years.

It's quite early, and one game does not a season make. But ... is San Diego starting another :huh: under-performing season? Maybe. The team is once again a big favorite in its division, and picked by many to achieve the top seed in the AFC. (This is somewhat due to perception of the calibre of competition within its division ... ergo 6 supposedly "easy" wins -- oops, 0-1 though on that count! Better rethink that, pundits.)

So what's holding the Chargers back? QB Rivers' propensity to "go away" for quarters at a time doesn't help, and neither does the team's history of looking two-games-ahead to an upcoming "big" match-up ... and then losing to "small" team immediately in front of it. (e.g. last year's playoffs). But the main reason why ...

... same thing that's been holding them back for the past three years: Norv Turner, who is a good offensive coordinator and "game manager", but a terrible big game coach. Turner has been/always will be awful at constructing and maintaining a "opponent specific" game plan, and even weaker at calling the right plays at the end of a half/game .... which is when 30% of ballgames are decided. All of this despite clear support by talented coordinators.

Cheylana
09-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Congrats to KC! Nice win at home for a team that's taken a lot of flak over the past few years.
I almost picked Chargers for my suicide NFL pool - sooo glad I didn't!

It's quite early, and one game does not a season make. But ... is San Diego starting another :huh: under-performing season? Maybe. The team is once again a big favorite in its division, and picked by many to achieve the top seed in the AFC. (This is somewhat due to perception of the calibre of competition within its division ... ergo 6 supposedly "easy" wins -- oops, 0-1 though on that count! Better rethink that, pundits.)
Nothing new here. To me, San Diego is the Sasha Cohen of the NFL. Tons of talent, beloved by the pundits, pretty costumes :D but inconsistent, inconsistent, inconsistent...

Beefcake
09-14-2010, 11:31 PM
Ouch.

Boom.

Plop.

Green Bay takes a huge hit (sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/09/14/packers.grant.ap/index.html?eref=sihp)

FSfan107
09-15-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm upset that Ryan Grant is out for the year. He is obviously the Packers' best running back, but I think we'll be alright with Brandon Jackson and John Kuhn running the ball. I don't want to downplay the loss of Grant, but I think the Packers will be fine. Our offense is very pass heavy.

VIETgrlTerifa
09-15-2010, 06:19 PM
About the Saints representing the "down-trodden people". Look, it's sports. Sports, like art, just has a way of representing something bigger than what they really are. It happens to every community and in every sport.

Catherine M
09-16-2010, 10:14 PM
With another non-Sunday Saints game, I need to check the schedule and see what games will be on. I'm guessing the big daytime national game will be the Jets/Pats and then Manning Bowl Part Deux Sunday night. That should make for a pretty good double header.

Beefcake
09-16-2010, 10:40 PM
Colts 35
Giants 17

Big brother doesn't start a season 0-2. And, Indy fans will be rockin' the Luke on a Sunday night!

Beefcake
09-19-2010, 09:01 PM
Early games surprise: Pittsburgh smoking Tennessee, in Nashville, despite their two Roethlesberger back-ups combining for only 43 yards passing. :lol: The Titans' seven :eek: turnovers, to say the least, helped this outcome. Big Ben may well come back his suspension and find his team already in first place.

Early games non-surprise: Favre sucked, again. 3 interceptions in a limp Minny loss to the Dolphins. Does anyone believe that Brett boy will play the entire season if when the Vikings are eliminated from playoff contention?

HeatherC
09-20-2010, 01:07 AM
Ugly wins are still wins so thank you Bengals for the ugly win this afternoon. More specifically, thank you Mike Nugent for earning your paycheck today with five FGs, thank you Carson for not throwing any INTs, and thank you Bengals defense for remembering to show up this week. :rollin: (And thank you Joe Flacco for totally sucking all afternoon, LOL :P)

Kiss My 1040
09-20-2010, 01:42 AM
About the Saints representing the "down-trodden people". Look, it's sports. Sports, like art, just has a way of representing something bigger than what they really are. It happens to every community and in every sport.

That is great and all for the people IN New Orleans. The rest of us do not give a SINGLE SHIT!

BigB08822
09-20-2010, 02:02 AM
Cowgirls lose! 0-2 HAHA! I have been shaking my head reading so much about how this is their season and their SuperBowl to lose. How so? Just because it is being played at home? They still have to make it to the big game before they can win it and now they are 0-2 and both games were at home! This team hasn't picked up any remarkable talent that I am aware of and they still have one of the biggest chokers in the game as their star. Why should this season be any different for them?

elka_sk8
09-20-2010, 02:39 AM
Ugly wins are still wins so thank you Bengals for the ugly win this afternoon. More specifically, thank you Mike Nugent for earning your paycheck today with five FGs, thank you Carson for not throwing any INTs, and thank you Bengals defense for remembering to show up this week. :rollin: (And thank you Joe Flacco for totally sucking all afternoon, LOL :P)

Oy that was a nerve-wracking game! They let the Ravens hang around too long. But a win is a win! :D

And to all those ESPN "experts" who picked the Vikings to win (http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks)- suckers! I had a hunch the Fins would end up on top. :cheer2: