PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2010-2011 Season!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Kiss My 1040
09-12-2010, 07:08 PM
:D Oh how I love this! I've been upset with the Vikings since they beat my Niners last season. Woooo, yay for the Saints winning!

You must have a large list of teams you are upset with then if that is the criteria :P

myhoneyhoney
09-12-2010, 07:44 PM
You must have a large list of teams you are upset with then if that is the criteria :P

Darn right! :lol:

Beefcake
09-12-2010, 07:45 PM
I am a bit tired of the Saints - sainthood. I understand the superbowl win helped New Orleans, but....a bit tired of it.
Oh gawd yes! The New Orleans Saints is a sports team, comprising of millionaire men and making gazillions for marketers and a monolith sports franchise ...

... not some deity set upon this earth to bless a downtrodden people.

chipso1
09-12-2010, 07:53 PM
At least for today, I'm a Philadelphia Eagles fan. ;)

Beefcake
09-12-2010, 07:55 PM
No surprises thus far today, except for the margin of New England's lead over Cincy. :yikes:

Colts are absolutely crippled by the new "no hurry-up offense rule", which may as well be called the "We're tired of the Colts winning 12 games a year every year rule". :angryfire

It's allegedly to keep the referees safe, allowing them [however long it takes a referee to get into position yards behind the line of scrimmage ... i.e. the older/fatter referees will slow the game immensely) .... but then that noble reasoning is laughably bamboozled with the stipulation that teams don't need to wait for said referee positioning in the last 2 minutes of a half. "We want you to be safe, referees, er, but for just 56 minutes of the game".

Anyway, the Colts have run their exciting no huddle for years, and have built their team around. Boom, this rule changes everything. It read a lot less interfering than implementation proved it to be (pre-season showed it to be HUGELY unpopular throughout the league.) NFL is already regretting not thinking the rule through, but seems to be letting it play out this season. Colts offense is looking raggedly versus Houston, and I think a lot of it has to do with trying to develop a new system.

jenny12
09-12-2010, 09:24 PM
Yeah, I agree the only surprise was NE's margin of victory.

Colts looked pretty bad today, they may turn it around, but I don't think they'll have a very good season. Also, it seems like usually the Superbowl loser usually struggles the next season.

CaptCrunch
09-12-2010, 09:46 PM
OMG, the Lions were so ripped off today!! WTF was that about? It was so obvious that it was a touchdown. Even the ref standing next to the play called it a touchdown and then they overrule it?!?! :eek::eek:

In the NFL the home teams always get the breaks.

Beefcake
09-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Colts looked pretty bad today, they may turn it around, but I don't think they'll have a very good season. Also, it seems like usually the Superbowl loser usually struggles the next season.
Relative to what they're used to, yes, ITA that the Colts won't have a very good season. 10-6, I predict, winning the South in a 3-way tiebreaker. Their run defense got comically awful in the 2nd half, but the team has been through 2 or 3 games of that during all of their 12-win seasons this half-decade. However, the offensive line is in disarray. And it's not all due to that rule change I bemoaned earlier.

Peyton Manning throwing 1) 57 times for 2) huge yards 3) in a loss ... hey, it's 2001 all over again!

Wow, you ain't lyin', CaptCrunch. Lions were jobbed. I usually understand the justification for the controversial calls, but this time I say "wuzrobbed!"

Lara
09-13-2010, 01:04 AM
How did I miss McNabb getting traded to the Redskins? :eek: Just turned on NBC and he's being interviewed right now about it.

Didn't help the Eagles today though. :( I'm all about the PA teams when it comes to football, at least the Steelers won.

Kiss My 1040
09-13-2010, 01:12 AM
Darn right! :lol:

Time to add another team today :P

Yehudi
09-13-2010, 03:21 AM
So since you Saints fans probably aren't using your paper bags of shame, would you mind sending them over to Buffalo? :slinkaway

myhoneyhoney
09-13-2010, 05:58 AM
Time to add another team today :P

No, Seahawks have been on my list for a long time now, lol. Man, Niners looked like CRAP today!

Beefcake
09-13-2010, 04:30 PM
:cheer: Redskins over Dallas! There's the day's upset.

Sure it was a off-brand kitchen bags kind've game - "wimpy wimpy wimpy" - per Washington's usual under Little Danny Snyder, but it's a win. And a divisional win at that ... last season the 'Skins went 0-6 in the NFC East.

Theatregirl1122
09-13-2010, 04:39 PM
:cheer: Redskins over Dallas! There's the day's upset.

As a Syracuse fan and therefore a Donovan McNabb fan (and therefore a Philly non-fan), seeing the Redskins win and Philly lose makes me happy. And I don't care that the Redskins didn't score an offensive touchdown and that Kevin Kolb got injured. It still makes me happy. (Sorry Eagles fans)

Beefcake
09-13-2010, 05:56 PM
:rolleyes: Randy Moss is ... well, being Randy Moss again. Miracle is that he seemingly behaved himself for 2+ years before starting what is certain to be an onging "me me me" :drama: :rolleyes: :o this season for the Pats.

Disgruntled Randy rules in New England
After going for five catches for 59 yards, Randy Moss managed to find an outsized share of the spotlight by way of a reported 16 minutes on himself. While his teammates were celebrating their season-opening win over the Bengals in the locker room, Moss held court in the postgame news conference, claiming there were "a lot of people who don't want to see me do good." He also said he felt this would be his last year with the team. "This is the last year of my contract," Moss said. "Nothing has been discussed. There's not been anything said. Not a letter. Nothing. I'm not saying that I want to stay here, but I love playing here. If the future of my job lets me go to another team, then that's what it's going to be."

Speaking of New England, the recent, renewed :argue: between the Pats and NY Jets - combined with NY coach Ryan's odious behavior in the Jets' reality series and Brady's ongoing transition into co-league statesman - has me, for the first time in a decade, hoping to see the Pats finish well ... at least relative to the Jets. (BTW, goooo Ravens, tonight!)

Speaking of NY's lamentable reality show, have you seen this clip? (www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt-C_pZ8nws) Cromartie struggling to remember the names of his 8 children, by seven different women, 5 of which are apparently within a year, give or take, of each other in age. O.M.F.G. Who are these women?!!