PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2010-2011 Season!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

jeffisjeff
12-28-2010, 08:03 PM
Of Brady and Brees, I would have to pick Brees as the nicer one.

But who cares about "nice"? :lol:

I'm not sure how Brady and/or Brees are hyped. They are two of the very best quarterbacks of the last few years and will probably remain so for the next few years as well. That isn't hype, that is earning respect. Big difference.

Absolutely.

I'm a Peyton Manning fan, but I think he's way more overhyped than either of these two. I feel like the media talks more about Manning being an all-time great more than they do Brady even though Brady has more rings.

I think both Brady and Manning are all-time greats. But for a variety of reasons, Brady has earned more rings.

Rex
12-29-2010, 01:15 AM
Eagles/Vikings game on now....

Yehudi
12-31-2010, 01:54 AM
Trent Edwards is starting for the JAGs on Sunday. :scream: Congrats to Indy for making the playlets again...

Rhianna
01-02-2011, 09:17 PM
I really don't want to even watch the Jaguars/Texans game. It's just going to be disappointing, I already know that. We've really screwed ourselves at the end of this season.

Badams
01-03-2011, 12:16 AM
Yay Colts!!! Phew... I was worried they wouldn't make the playoffs.

skatemommy
01-03-2011, 12:42 AM
Strong finish to the Lion's season! It will be a shame for them if there is a lockout/strike next season.

manhn
01-03-2011, 04:28 AM
Yeah, Seahawks! Do I care they actually suck? Heck, no! Win the Superbowl!

LadyNit
01-03-2011, 07:16 AM

PML, manhn!!!! :cheer2: Wheeeeeee! :cheer2:

Yehudi
01-03-2011, 01:11 PM
I wonder if the Brian Brohm fanboys on two bills drive will now be clamoring to see Levi Brown. I know Fitzpatrick isn't the long term answer but Brohm didnt exactly impress yesterday against the Jets Scrubs

Cheylana
01-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Meh, Santa must hate me this year:

1) No Giants in the playoffs :(

2) I got knocked out of the football pool in Week 16 because Jacksonville did everything in its power to lose that game (lost in OT)! :(:(

3) And I had Atlanta lined up for Week 17, had Jax prevailed last week I would have won a share of the football pool, over $1,000. All that work picking teams this year, to lose in Week 16 and have nothing to show for it :(:(:(

Nope, didn't you hear Rex? The Jets are destined to win this year's Superbowl! :lol:

Badams
01-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Meh, Santa must hate me this year:

1) No Giants in the playoffs :(

Nope, didn't you hear Rex? The Jets are destined to win this year's Superbowl! :lol:

my hubby was seriously bummed that the Giants didn't make it. That's his team. I almost felt bad for being excited that the Colts did! almost...

And if the Colts don't win the Superbowl:shuffle:, I hope the Jets do!

Beefcake
01-04-2011, 03:26 PM
And if the Colts don't win the Superbowl :shuffle:, I hope the Jets do!
Well, there is no San Diego in this year's playoffs, so the Colts actually "do" have a chance to make the Super Bowl. :lol: In the past few years, Indy has loved to play (and has owned) NY and Baltimore in the playoffs, and Colts-Patriots is always a close one (recall: this year, the Colts could've won on that last drive).

Of course, that leaves Pittsburgh, which will be a very tough out at home for Indy should the Colts continue to get healthy, and shut up Toes Ryan this Saturday. Speaking of ol' RR -- C'mon, shut the eff up Rex! Beating Indy "is personal" this tiresome blowhard says. Personal? Nobody has dissed you or is shooting salvos at you. It's between you and you ... much like the angry road rager who is batting every other unknowing driver.

Beefcake
01-04-2011, 03:40 PM
:D Hawks are playing at home, where they are at least a decent team. I hope that they defeat New Orleans, which unfortunately is still being treated as the sweet, lamb of a darling of the NFL, and seems to be the reason for a lot of this "Oh, flitter, :drama: the playoffs seeding is unfair and needs to be re-examined!" :wall:

Nary a word about this change being needed two years ago when the 12-4 Colts had to travel to 8-8 San Diego for the playoffs. Reason? Goal is to win your division, and then proceed. Period. That was the Colts attitude then, and it's the proper attitude now.

Division play means very divergent schedules between, say, the NFC South and NFC West. Within each division, there's just a difference of three games between the four teams. Within each conference, there are just a few head-to-heads in common, leaving little "the same" between the teams.

Take away the importance -- and goal -- of winning one's division would be a mistake. Luckily, I don't see the whiners prevailing, as IIRC 24 of the owners would need to say "yea" to the change.

VIETgrlTerifa
01-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Oh wah wah wah. Geaux Saints!

Beefcake
01-04-2011, 05:31 PM
:bribe: Oh those poor, :bribe: poor victimized :bribe: former Jets massage gals! :bribe:

:bribe: How awful :bribe: that they :bribe: endured such harassment :bribe: … but at least they’ve :bribe: come forward in such a timely manner :bribe: to set things right :bribe: for no other reason than justice! :bribe:

:bribe: God bless. I hope that they can somehow :bribe: find peace. :bribe: