PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2010-2011 Season!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

HeatherC
12-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Bengals won a game!!! Sound the alarms, LOL :lol:

BTW-The last time the Bengals won a game this year, it was late September and the Reds hadn't clinched the NL Central division yet. Talk about perspective! :yikes:

numbers123
12-20-2010, 02:33 AM
I want Green Bay to beat Patriots. I so dislike Tom Brady. Sorry jeff and theatregirl.

Theatregirl1122
12-20-2010, 03:07 AM
I can handle dislike. I can't handle losing. Come on Pats, wake up!

jeffisjeff
12-20-2010, 03:11 AM
I can handle dislike. I can't handle losing. Come on Pats, wake up!

Interception! Touchdown. I think they're awake now. :cheer:

That kickoff return was :rofl: , but NBC needs to stop showing it already.

I never thought I could hate Tommy, but if he doesn't do something about The Hair, I may have to reconsider.

jenny12
12-20-2010, 03:18 AM
I want Green Bay to beat Patriots. I so dislike Tom Brady. Sorry jeff and theatregirl.

But he's so pretty!

Although I agree with jeff, the hair is really making me rethink my fangirl-ness.

Cheylana
12-20-2010, 03:23 AM
As a Washington fan, I never thought I would be happy to see Dallas beat the Skins. But I picked Dallas for my NFL pool this week (ultimate betrayal!) and I actually don't feel too bad about it since the Skins had already been eliminated from the playoffs anyway... they might as well get as high a draft pick as possible!

The Eagles' comeback to beat the Giants in the fourth quarter today was :eek: and :rolleyes: and :( but what can you do. I suppose the Michael Vick for MVP talk will ramp up again now :rolleyes:

Theatregirl1122
12-20-2010, 04:30 AM
Interception! Touchdown. I think they're awake now. :cheer:

That kickoff return was :rofl: , but NBC needs to stop showing it already.

I never thought I could hate Tommy, but if he doesn't do something about The Hair, I may have to reconsider.

The kickoff return should be shown at my funeral, it was that awesome. :lol: I have no idea why that was so hard. But the Pats just barely pulled out (thanks for remembering it was your first start right there at the end, Matt Flynn). Never play like that again.

And I agree on the hair. It must go. (Apparently his wife likes it.)

Rhianna
12-20-2010, 04:58 AM
And I agree on the hair. It must go. (Apparently his wife likes it.)

Gorgeous women don't always have good taste, apparently.

Veronika
12-20-2010, 04:19 PM
Given the horror that is the NFC West divsion, I think the NFL should amend the rules about the winner of the division automatically making the playoffs--I'd hate to think that a team with a losing record may make the playoffs over teams with 9 or 10 wins! If the team doesn't have a winning record, they should not be eligible for the playoffs, even if they "won" their division.

jeffisjeff
12-20-2010, 05:10 PM
Yeah, watching last night's game and seeing NBC's NFC playoff picture graphic with a 5-9 team labeled as "in the hunt" had me both :rofl: and :wuzrobbed .

flyingsit
12-20-2010, 08:14 PM
Last year I threatened to abandon my lifelong attachment to the Redskins, but this time it's for real.

I hereby renounce any fan-hood, fond feelings, etc. to the burgundy-and-gold. I'm done for good.

Go Chargers!

Beefcake
12-20-2010, 09:03 PM
The Redskins are rotten on the inside, ala Oakland Raiders of years past. And the "inside" starts with the owner, who reaps what he sews.

Little Danny Snyder needs to go! :mitchell:

So, speaking of Oakland, that team and Tennessee hold the biggest "spoiler" cards for this year's playoffs qualifying. Both teams' final two games are versus "current playoff positioned" Indy and Kansas City.

If Oakland and Tennessee go a collective 0-4 versus the Colts and Chiefs, then the latter two make the playoffs. If either pulls off a win, then they'll likely knock that team into an early post-season in favor of San Diego or Jacksonville.

Goooooo, Colts and Chiefs! :cheer:

Beefcake
12-20-2010, 09:09 PM
Given the horror that is the NFC West divsion, I think the NFL should amend the rules about the winner of the division automatically making the playoffs--I'd hate to think that a team with a losing record may make the playoffs over teams with 9 or 10 wins! If the team doesn't have a winning record, they should not be eligible for the playoffs, even if they "won" their division.
Not only that, but the NFC West "champion" will get to host a wildcard week game, versus :lol: the defending Super Bowl champions [or NY Giants or Green Bay whomever is the lower of the two wildcards].

Similar thing (can't say "same" since this year we may be talking about a "losing" team making the playoffs) happened two years ago, when San Diego won the AFC West with an 8-8 record, and still got to host the 12-4 Colts in the playoffs ... wherein the Charger punter had an astoundingly successful day and helped San Diego edge Indy (and, weep, add another log onto their Indy domination). No, I'm not bitter at all. :shuffle:

But, I've got to say that I disagree with an "X-X or better qualification rule" for the playoffs. If all the teams played all the teams, then I'd be all for it. But we don't have that, so I support the playoff structure as it is ... despite the absudity we're about to see if a sub-.500 team represents the West.

CaptCrunch
12-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Right on Veronika. The winner of the NFC West has no business being in the playoffs if they finish below .500 IMO. The next team in the NFC with the next best record should take the 6th spot. The playoffs should be a reward for a good season. That whole NFC West sucks! Did any of em even show up to play yesterday? :wall: What's even worse is that the winner of the NFC West will also host the 1st rd playoff game! :rolleyes: That's nuts IMO.

At least the Saints will destroy whoever they play in that game.

CaptCrunch
12-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Oh, and lets not forget...Kudos to the Lions! Their first road win in over 3 years yesterday. :cheer2::cheer2: