PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2010-2011 Season!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

jenny12
12-13-2010, 05:31 AM
I feel terrible for the Colts. What a crappy, injury laden season they have had. It just plain sucks!!! They need to heal up. :(

Yeah, but they can still make the playoffs if they win out. I wouldn't bet on it and even if they do I don't think they'll get very far, but there's still a chance. I think it's the Patriots' year though.

Cheylana
12-13-2010, 05:02 PM
Did anyone see the Viking's Metrodome roof collapse? I watched it here:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5911532 It was very :eek:

Now the Giants will play the Vikings at the Lions' Ford Field. Go Big Blue!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/13/sports/football/13giants.html?_r=1&ref=sports

Meanwhile, in Jets land, there probably will be (should be) fallout after their strength and conditioning trainer intentionally tripped one of the Dolphins players from the sidelines during the game:

The NFL said Monday that it is reviewing the sideline incident in which Dolphins cornerback Nolan Carroll was tripped by Jets' strength and conditioning coach Sal Alosi while covering a punt in the third quarter.

The rookie fell to the turf while running down the sideline, and the coach later apologized for interfering with Carroll.

The Jets also are looking into the matter.

Alosi could face discipline from the team and from the NFL.

. . . .

Alosi issued a statement after the game saying he made a mistake that "showed a total lapse in judgment. My conduct was inexcusable and unsportsmanlike and does not reflect what this organization stands for."
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/12/12/sports/football/AP-FBN-Dolphins-Jets-Tripping.html?ref=sports

This is totally unacceptable; what if the trainer had dealt a career-ending injury to Carroll??? :mad: I hate to see someone lose their job in this economy, but if he does, then he asked for it. Serious repercussions should follow.

NeilJLeonard
12-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Did anyone see the Viking's Metrodome roof collapse? I watched it here:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5911532 It was very :eek:

Now the Giants will play the Vikings at the Lions' Ford Field. Go Big Blue!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/13/sports/football/13giants.html?_r=1&ref=sports

Meanwhile, in Jets land, there probably will be (should be) fallout after their strength and conditioning trainer intentionally tripped one of the Dolphins players from the sidelines during the game:

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/12/12/sports/football/AP-FBN-Dolphins-Jets-Tripping.html?ref=sports

This is totally unacceptable; what if the trainer had dealt a career-ending injury to Carroll??? :mad: I hate to see someone lose their job in this economy, but if he does, then he asked for it. Serious repercussions should follow.
To make it worse, the Jets lost one of the ugliest games played this year 10-3. As a Dolphin fan I'll take it, but, in truth, both teams stunk up the joint.

NJL

Cheylana
12-13-2010, 05:37 PM
To make it worse, the Jets lost one of the ugliest games played this year 10-3. As a Dolphin fan I'll take it, but, in truth, both teams stunk up the joint.
Too true (although they did also lose an ugly one to the Packers a few weeks ago, 9-0).

I must say, the Dolphins are an odd team this year. They've been winning a lot on the road but have had trouble winning at home. Go figure!

Ok, I have to post one more funny article/blog, by Jason Gay of the WSJ, on the Brett Favre/Vikings situation:

Let's just blame the snowy collapse of the Metrodome on Brett Favre, OK?

C'mon! It's already been such a doleful season for the battered 63-year-old Minnesota quarterback—what's the harm in piling on one more absurd calamity? Nobody will notice! When Mr. Favre dragged himself out of re-re-retirement in August, not even the crankiest cynic could have predicted the funhouse of disasters that awaited him. In four months, Mr. Favre has feuded with a coach, lost that coach, gained a new coach, gained a Hall of Fame receiver, lost a Hall of Fame receiver after the Hall of Fame receiver complained about team catering, and saw himself implicated in an icky mess over alleged cellphone ickiness. His shambolic 5-7 team has won two games in a row but isn't considered playoff pudding, and his consecutive-games-started record is in jeopardy thanks to a strained sternoclavicular joint. You know how bad 2010 has been? The strained sternoclavicular joint may be the highlight of Mr. Favre's year.

Now he has lost his stadium.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703380104576015763919869794.html?m od=djemMTIPOFF_h

Badams
12-13-2010, 07:15 PM
Yeah, but they can still make the playoffs if they win out. I wouldn't bet on it and even if they do I don't think they'll get very far, but there's still a chance. I think it's the Patriots' year though.

I hope they can make the playoffs. I know they most likely wouldn't get too far, but after this season that would be an accomplishment. And then they can all check into the hospital and get the help they need. :lol:

BigB08822
12-14-2010, 01:53 AM
Favre is not playing, ending his streak. I figured he would take one snap and then use his walker to leave the field in order to keep the streak going.

Veronika
12-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Favre is not playing, ending his streak. I figured he would take one snap and then use his walker to leave the field in order to keep the streak going.

:lol: It's kinda sad, but he obviously should never have come back this year...

Beefcake
12-14-2010, 03:05 PM
:huh: :rofl: All this media coverage, kvetching, and (WTH?) sadness about Favre's streak ending last night ... when it was going to end in three weeks anyway!

Meanwhile, my boy Peyton now has one more record ... longest "The Streak" for active players. :P And if he makes every start for the next, oh - six seasons - he'll pip yet another one of Favre's records.

(Don't worry, Brett, your career interceptions thrown record is a haul that will never be trumped!) :kickass:

julieann
12-14-2010, 03:39 PM
:huh: :rofl: All this media coverage, kvetching, and (WTH?) sadness about Favre's streak ending last night ... when it was going to end in three weeks anyway!

Meanwhile, my boy Peyton now has one more record ... longest "The Streak" for active players. :P And if he makes every start for the next, oh - six seasons - he'll pip yet another one of Favre's records.

(Don't worry, Brett, your career interceptions thrown record is a haul that will never be trumped!) :kickass:

That's going to be a tough one to beat; he will have to start every game until the end of 2017. If injury doesn't take him out, something else might.

PS The dome in Minneapois has deflated numerous times before so I'm not sure whay everyone is making a big deal about it. Roofs do that under the weight of heavy snow. Minnesota just deals with it. I hope they can fix it by Monday.

VIETgrlTerifa
12-14-2010, 04:25 PM
PS The dome in Minneapois has deflated numerous times before so I'm not sure whay everyone is making a big deal about it. Roofs do that under the weight of heavy snow. Minnesota just deals with it. I hope they can fix it by Monday.

Snow is such a foreign concept to me.

BigB08822
12-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Why was Favre's record going to end in 3 weeks anyway? Does he have surgery scheduled or something that will definitely not allow him to play in a game?

julieann
12-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Why was Favre's record going to end in 3 weeks anyway? Does he have surgery scheduled or something that will definitely not allow him to play in a game?

I guess because the season is over in 3 weeks? Had to end sometime.

Off to the Hall of Fame with him!

Beefcake
12-14-2010, 07:08 PM
All :sekret: say that Favre definitely retiring -- for good this time -- at the end of this season. And, c'mon, it's GOT to over, right? Bueller?

Favre needs this retirement. Minnesota needs this retirement. For pete's sake we all need this retirement! :coffee:

Sigh, someone needs to update the trusty ol' Favre Retirement Curve (www.slate.com/id/2262885/#jump) :D

Cheylana
12-15-2010, 02:13 AM
Well, he got to 297. Had he stuck it out to the end of the season, he could have hit the 300 mark.

Or... maybe it's just the media hunting for drama. :lol:

Badams
12-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Omg! Buffalo just won again! :lol: The Dolphins don't get to go to the playoffs now, according to the announcers. Bummer for them.:(