PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2010-2011 Season!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Cheylana
12-03-2010, 05:38 AM
It came across differently to me as well. I mean, he said, "I PRAISE YOU 24/7!!!!!! AND THIS HOW YOU DO ME!!!!!" Which implies that he believes the dropped pass was something God did to him, rather than something he did to himself. I get that he blurted it out of frustration, which is why people should step away from the Twitter when they are emotional.
Ok, I'll leave this alone now, but just wanted to post something funny from the "Stuff Christians Like" blog (he's very tongue-in-cheek):

If the question is, “Does God hate the Buffalo Bills?” the answer is pretty obvious. Yes, yes he does. They lost four Super Bowls in a row. That’s consecutive. For four straight years they went to the Super Bowl and then lost. Often in close, painful ways. I think it’s fair to say that God is not a fan of the Bills.

http://stuffchristianslike.net/2010/11/blaming-god-when-you-lose-a-sports-game/

jenny12
12-04-2010, 12:44 AM
no, he's really torn up about it. he fully takes the blame for it. i think the tweet was just him talking to God the same way millions of people do in their heads everyday. stupid to put out there on twitter yes, but i don't think he REALLY blames God. He's been all over the news taking the blame himself and only blaming himself. i can't help but like the guy. :lol:

Yeah, it came across like a joke to me and I never thought he was serious. He seemed to handle the thing overall pretty well, IMO.

Debbie S
12-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Gutted for the Ravens last night. Flacco... :fragile:

I know they were wild cards w/ no home field advantage during their Super Bowl champ season, but then they won all their games in Nov and Dec. They look like they're sputtering right now, and there is apparently some infighting among the offense.

At least I have Nats at the end of Jan to look forward to.

Badams
12-06-2010, 07:12 PM
I feel terrible for the Colts. What a crappy, injury laden season they have had. It just plain sucks!!! They need to heal up. :(

Beefcake
12-06-2010, 09:48 PM
I feel terrible for the Colts. What a crappy, injury laden season they have had. It just plain sucks!!! They need to heal up. :(
Er, heal up, not so much. :( Still another broken bone, last night (CB Powers, leaving them decimated on air coverage).

Insane, disastrous season for Indy. Blame to the injuries, mostly directly, but also indirectly in-that Manning is now forcing the issue ... and piling up the interceptions because of it. Despite the decimation on all fronts, Indy has had four losses they could've won on the final drive (and usually did win in prior seasons with more weapons on the field for Manning).

Disastrous, but incredibly it may still culminate in a Division title, and the AFC's third or fourth seed ... and then who knows what may happen. Ya never know ... look at Arizona's Super Bowl season two seasons ago.

:blah: SHUT UP, STEELERS! Harrison is a thug, PERIOD, and it's high-time that he's finally being called for it! I'm sick of Pittsburgh players and ex-players opening their pie holes with excuses for this guy, and will root heartily for whoever the team -- even Belichick's :P -- is playing throughout the playoffs.

Theatregirl1122
12-07-2010, 04:52 AM
:cheer: :cheer2: :cheer: :cheer2: Patriots! Merry Christmas! That was better than anything I EVER expected. I'm so pleased.

jeffisjeff
12-07-2010, 05:24 AM
:cheer: :cheer2: :cheer: :cheer2: Patriots! Merry Christmas! That was better than anything I EVER expected. I'm so pleased.

It definitely warmed me up! :cheer2: Maybe we'll have to let Tommy keep the hair. ;)

Although, last night my husband was showing pics of Tommy with his almost buzz cut. He had me :swoon: .

Cheylana
12-07-2010, 05:46 AM
Wow Jets. What went so wrong? They were awful on both sides of the ball! :eek:

Beefcake
12-07-2010, 03:05 PM
:respec: Whoa! Absolute pummeling by the Pats.

Frigging spooky math when you compare New England's fortunes since booting trading Randy Moss to the Vikings ... and Tennessee's fortunes since being cursed by picking up said Moss from said Vikings. :puppet:

Cheylana
12-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Yes, somewhere Randy Moss is gnashing his teeth... :D

FSfan107
12-07-2010, 07:53 PM
That game last night was shocking! Not shocking that the Patriots won, but at how badly the Jets played. I was really hoping to see a competitive game last night. The Pats had control of the game from the start. The pass coverage from the Jets is usually much better than it was. Revis seemed to be the only guy able to cover. Anyways, I'm nervous for when the Packers have to play the Patriots at home (next Sunday night).

Cheylana
12-07-2010, 11:51 PM
Having given it some thought, I guess it's not so shocking. Sure the Jets are 9-3, but they are 1-3 against good teams so far this season. They did beat the Pats early in the season, but they lost to the Ravens, Green Bay (a shutout!) and of course the Pats last night. And they've barely squeaked by a bunch of bad teams like Houston and Detroit. So maybe they are overrated - not enough backing up of the incessant talk talk talk.

Bostonfan
12-13-2010, 12:46 AM
Pats do it again! The weather was frightful, but they were delightful!

jeffisjeff
12-13-2010, 02:53 AM

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! :cheers:

elka_sk8
12-13-2010, 03:47 AM

And since it was such a blowout, here CBS switched games midway through and we got to see the Fins eek out a victory over the Jets- yay! :D