PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2010-2011 Season!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Catherine M
11-23-2010, 05:34 PM
My favorite time of the year is coming up--the last few weeks of the NFL season, when teams are scrambling for playoff spots, etc. Can't wait to see how it all plays out as there are lots of close races.

The Saints are going to play on Thanksgiving for the first time in their history so our holiday plans are a bit different this year. We are going to eat early as my sister doesn't want our dinner ruined by everyone wanting to watch the game. So I guess noon "dinner" it is.

And when the Saints trot their field goal/extra point team onto the field on Thursday, they'll make history--the new long snapper (Justin Drescher), the holder (backup QB Chase Daniel) and the kicker (Garrett Hartley) are all from the same high school, Southlake Carroll in Texas and this is an NFL first. Just think of the small odds of going from a high school football player all the way to the NFL and then ending up on the same team as a couple of your classmates (Hartley and Daniel played two years together, Drescher & Daniel one).

Cheylana
11-23-2010, 05:37 PM
But all's fine. As it is, Indy could still go undefeated in its remaining six games ... San Diego, Jacksonville, Dallas, Oakland, in addition to those two Tennessee games. :D Even worst case -- four wins -- should gain them their division at 10-6, and the third seed in the AFC playoffs.
San Diego is going to be a tough opponent next week. They always seems to match up against the Colts well, Rivers is playing some damn good football, they get another weapon (Vincent Jackson) back next week, and they are fighting for first place in their own division after a slow start to their season, so I expect them to give the Colts a really hard time. The other games on Colts' schedule "should" be gimmes, though.

I do have a soft spot for Jacksonville. I don't see them making the playoffs this year, but I really like Maurice Jones-Drew, and last week's miraculous Hail Mary pass has gotta be one of the best plays of the year, I could watch it over and over! :)

jeffisjeff
11-23-2010, 06:27 PM
The Saints are going to play on Thanksgiving

The Saints and the Patriots on T-Day! :cheer: If only they were playing each other, then it might actually be interesting. ;)

BigB08822
11-26-2010, 03:45 AM
What a game between the Saints and the Cowboys! Saints go up 17-0 then let it all slip away and come up with a last minute turnover and drive to win the game, only after Dallas attempts and barely misses a 59 yard FG! No wonder I have been finding gray hairs!

Theatregirl1122
11-26-2010, 03:52 AM
:cheer: :cheer2: :cheer: Patriots. The Pats sometimes feel the need to lose to teams they really shouldn't. I'm glad they sorted that out today.

Cheylana
11-26-2010, 05:21 AM
Whew, I picked the Jets for my suicide football pool this week, then got nervous when the Jets got off to a slow start in this game. But they handily took control in the second half and got the win! So I'm onto next week.

Cheylana
11-29-2010, 04:14 AM
San Diego is going to be a tough opponent next week. They always seems to match up against the Colts well, Rivers is playing some damn good football, they get another weapon (Vincent Jackson) back next week, and they are fighting for first place in their own division after a slow start to their season, so I expect them to give the Colts a really hard time.
True to form, San Diego is tearing the Colts up tonight. I believe they have won the last 5 of 6 games vs. Colts, for some reason they seem to have their number.

Yehudi
11-29-2010, 03:20 PM
True to form, San Diego is tearing the Colts up tonight. I believe they have won the last 5 of 6 games vs. Colts, for some reason they seem to have their number.

Jeff Linkenbach had his Brian Bosworth moment last night :yikes:

And the Bills once again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory:soapbox: We could easily be 9-3 or 8-4, not 2-9. :wall:

Cheylana
11-29-2010, 06:16 PM
And the Bills once again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory:soapbox: We could easily be 9-3 or 8-4, not 2-9. :wall:
Stevie Johnson's dropped pass in the endzone in OT was a heartbreaker for sure! But it turns out it was God's fault:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/sports/nfl/112910-bills-receiver-johnson-blames-god-after-dropping-game-winning-touchdown-vs.-steelers-ncx

Johnson was reluctant to accept responsibility for the gaffe, posting on his Twitter account post-game that it was in fact God's fault.

"I PRAISE YOU 24/7!!!!!! AND THIS HOW YOU DO ME!!!!! YOU EXPECT ME TO LEARN FROM THIS??? HOW???!!! ILL NEVER FORGET THIS!! EVER!!! THX THO...," Johnson tweeted.
:lol:

BigB08822
11-29-2010, 06:39 PM
LMAO! What an idiot. I'm not saying that because he believes in God, just that this guy probably goes through life never learning a thing if he thinks it is all up to God and completely out of his control. He sounds like a little child crying about being put in time out.

Badams
11-29-2010, 10:45 PM
LMAO! What an idiot. I'm not saying that because he believes in God, just that this guy probably goes through life never learning a thing if he thinks it is all up to God and completely out of his control. He sounds like a little child crying about being put in time out.

no, he's really torn up about it. he fully takes the blame for it. i think the tweet was just him talking to God the same way millions of people do in their heads everyday. stupid to put out there on twitter yes, but i don't think he REALLY blames God. He's been all over the news taking the blame himself and only blaming himself. i can't help but like the guy. :lol:

BigB08822
11-29-2010, 11:29 PM
Well, ok then. I hope you are right, Badams. He should have thought more before tweeting that because it did come across very differently to me (and I am sure others) than you perceive it.

Badams
11-29-2010, 11:46 PM
Oh yeah, it totally did. It has been all over the news and he has since clarified. I hope he has learned his lesson and keeps his thoughts to himself. But he is quite a character...

Cheylana
11-30-2010, 12:27 AM
It came across differently to me as well. I mean, he said, "I PRAISE YOU 24/7!!!!!! AND THIS HOW YOU DO ME!!!!!" Which implies that he believes the dropped pass was something God did to him, rather than something he did to himself. I get that he blurted it out of frustration, which is why people should step away from the Twitter when they are emotional.

In related news, Steelers were verrrry lucky on Sunday!

Beefcake
11-30-2010, 09:26 PM
Point/Counterpoint on the most important story in the NFL -- Tom Brady's hair, of course (nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/11/30/tom-bradys-war-on-baldness-should-commence-immediately/)

For background: Tommy Boy has apparently, at wifey's insistence, consulted with hair "assistance" types. Seriously! (Allegedly.) But this column (and the "counterpoint" linked to the side) are very hilariously giving tongue-in-cheek arguments.

Virtually every man who isn't attempting to join an emo rock band has watched Tom Brady flick back his hair like Phoebe Cates climbing out of the pool in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High," :rofl: and doubled over with laughter.

making fun of bald men is the only socially acceptable criticism in America today, no one cares about the follicularly challenged. No one. :(

"If I walked up to a fat person, pointed at them, and said, 'Oh, God, you are so fat!' I'd be an ass---," Justin said when I contacted him to find out why the caged bald man cries. :lol: "But if someone points out that I'm bald, I'm supposed to laugh. No one knows the pain of a bald man. Except other bald men. We're like sad clowns."

Plainly, Tom Brady is a sad clown in denial.