PDA

View Full Version : Mao etc exhibited the training to the media before the opening of the season.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

RumbleFish
08-13-2010, 03:47 AM
................. Her take-offs used to look a bit like Sasha's, not they look a bit more like Nobunari's (although with much less speed as of now).

At last, I get a reply that is worthy of respect. If what you are saying that the Japanese media is the culprit of overhyping, I should take my words back. I'd also want to advise her to consider changing her PR representative or whoever that is in charge of handling the media.

ITA her flutz has taken the route of resembling Oda's rather than a correct one like Ando's. This is the reason why I'm so critical about jumps she showed in the clips.

Although Oda does a pretty decent job of disguising his flutz, it is pretty obvious to trained eyes and WILL get nailed with edge call in major competitions. IIRC, during last season he not only didn't receive edge calls but actually got bonus points in GP series. We all know he wasn't so lucky at the Olympics and got hammered with a big e.

My opinion is that if Mao Asada is really serious at correcting her jumps in time for next OG, she should learn to do text book jumps, and not emulate flutzer of a different kind. At current rate, she will at best become a lady Oda, getting away despite her flaws at minor events but hit hard in competitions that really count. If her new moustache coach is behind in this wrong decision, he should be fired.

RumbleFish
08-13-2010, 04:28 AM
And I'm still trying to figure out how fixing her 3Lz would affect her 3Lo. :confused: Her issue on the lutz is the LBO takeoff edge. The 3Lo takes off from a RBO edge.

Look closely at what is supposed to be the picking toe.

MikiAndoFan#1
08-14-2010, 03:28 PM
A new video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lMwfEWhnOw).

:)

Mao landed a clean 2Lz!

:cheer2:

CantALoop
08-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Looks like Nagakubo is working his magic - Mao's landings have a lot more flow.

JMHO, but I've always thought that Mao's wobbly landings may have contributed to a number of her underrotated calls in the past.

onionviper
08-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Oh god, a couple of delusional people in this thread is making me have a good laugh :lol::lol::lol::lol:

My poor girl can't have a break, she is just training some jumps and then people start analyzing every movement of her.

Of course this can be a healthy discussion, because we all want her improvement to death, and we are pretty sure she will give her best, but some people just come to hate.

I truly don't understand, bc if their favorite skater can jump a 3Lz perfectly, with a +2.1 GOE, why they are so worried about Mao, right?

RIGHT???

:rollin::summer:

onionviper
08-14-2010, 10:18 PM
A new video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lMwfEWhnOw).

:)

Mao landed a clean 2Lz!

:cheer2:

Tks tks :watch::watch:

It's funny because only Mao gets the "Media Whore" critic, while we see Kozuka, Kanako, Akiko, Yuzuru in the videos. lololol:huh:

Hate is a bitch.
Let's talk about attention whores someday.....;)

Akira Andrea
08-14-2010, 11:48 PM
This is an article in “Maichi Shimbun” in Japan.
Translation into English.
Mao in high summer participated to an ice show in Aichi prefecture.
August 14th, 2010 JST

By Saikazu Nakamura
An ice show which Vancouver Olympics silver medalist Mao Asada etc participated to, was held in Okazaki Chuo Sogo Park in Okazaki City in Aichi prefecture. The rink was almost filled to capacity and the audience of about 8 thousand in total enjoyed performance twice a day.

Evgeny Plushenko (Russia) who won one gold medal and two silver medals in three Olympics showed the dynamic performances.
Turin Olympics gold medalist Shizuka Arakawa excited the audience by the familiar Ina Bauer.

The big clapping occurred when Asada nailed an aureate jump. After the show, the fans who demand the handshake crowded around her.
Because the popularity of "Mao-chann" was still high, the ice of the special installation rink, too, seemed to melt in the heat of the fan.

The explanation of the photo in the article
Photography: By Saikazu Nakamura
Mao Asada who participated to an ice show fascinated the audience.
At Okazaki City in Aichi prefecture in August 14th.

The article:
Mao in high summer participated to an ice show in Aichi prefecture.
http://mainichi.jp/select/today/news/20100815k0000m040069000c.html

”Prince Ice World 2010” in Okazaki

aisurukoto
08-26-2010, 08:21 AM
I am waiting for her to come. She work hard to achieve her goals...I will look forward to the new her program and triple axel !! Also, i will look forward to the new luts (being corrected). I was excited about this season! :)