PDA

View Full Version : Mao etc exhibited the training to the media before the opening of the season.

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

RunnersHigh
08-11-2010, 05:25 PM
A new video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzrXR-gWDcw).

:)

Still it's not a clear and clean lutz take-off for me.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7323/0811maolutz.png

Anyway, thank you MikiAndoFan#1 as always!!

floskate
08-11-2010, 05:34 PM
It's a good thing for skaters everywhere that some of these armchair wannabe technical callers stay exactly where they are - in the armchair!! :lol:

Not that the actual real callers get it right much *cough2010Worldscough* :shuffle:

miki88
08-11-2010, 05:39 PM
It's a good thing for skaters everywhere that some of these armchair wannabe technical callers stay exactly where they are - in the armchair!! :lol:

Not that the actual real callers get it right much *cough2010Worldscough* :shuffle:

This! :hat1:

RunnersHigh
08-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Often, coaches will say the loop, the flip and the Lutz are all the same jump with different entrances. Those three jumps can be lumped together in a training session.

There're difference between toe-jumps(Flip, Lutz) and edge jumps(loop, axel, salchow).

I mean Loop jumps have totally different mechanism with lutz jumps.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loop_jump

To do a loop jump, a skater typically does a 3 turn or mohawk turn onto a left back inside edge, then reaches into the circle on the right back outside edge while drawing the left foot (still on the ice) to cross in front of the right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutz_jump

The skater typically performs a long glide on a left backward outside edge in a wide arc into the corner of the rink. Just prior to jumping, the skater reaches back with the right arm and the right foot and uses the right toepick to vault into the air, before performing a full turn in the air and landing on the right back outside edge.

And flip jump

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flip_jump

The most common entry into a flip, for a counterclockwise jump, is a long forward straight-line glide on the left foot down the center of the rink with the (right) free foot held forward. Then the skater uses the toe of the right foot to push into a left forward outside 3 turn, reaching back to pick with the right foot to vault into the jump from the left back inside edge immediately after the turn. The skater performs one or more rotations in the air before landing on a right back outside edge.
The flip can also be entered from a mohawk turn, and lends itself well to being performed out of a more complicated footwork approach.

RunnersHigh
08-11-2010, 05:48 PM

Give me much more constructive criticism if possible.
Of course I can give you or her honeyed words. Do you really want it?

Perfect lutz with GOE 2.1, better than anyone else in history. O.K?

miki88
08-11-2010, 06:01 PM

No one is asking you to give any praise. But I mean do you really care about her progress or are you just here to pass judgment? Of course this doesn't just apply to you.

RunnersHigh
08-11-2010, 06:11 PM
No one is asking you to give any praise. But I mean do you really care about her progress or are you just here to pass judgment? Of course this doesn't just apply to you.

Need not to say about it but what is the point of this thread? She is trying to fix or reorganize her jumps to death and her result, as of today, is not that great.

That's all what I wanna talk about! If you don't wanna read my reply, just block me. There's an option for you.

And U can criticize me if my replies are wrong on tech side.

WayCon
08-11-2010, 06:22 PM
There're difference between toe-jumps(Flip, Lutz) and edge jumps(loop, axel, salchow)....

In the loop, the flip and the Lutz, the jump occurs as the skater turns forwards and jumps off the right pick (for a right-handed skater). That's what the coaches mean.

ponta1
08-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Need not to say about it but what is the point of this thread? She is trying to fix or reorganize her jumps to death and her result, as of today, is not that great.

That's all what I wanna talk about! If you don't wanna read my reply, just block me. There's an option for you.

If you think this thread is pointless, why do you keep commenting on it?

miki88
08-11-2010, 06:26 PM

Relax. I am just asking out of curiosity. The clips seems to only focus on one jump (lutz) which she had issues for a long time. She only began training with Nakagubo a little more than a month ago, so I think it's unlikely these issues will be corrected so soon.

RunnersHigh
08-11-2010, 06:29 PM
In the loop, the flip and the Lutz, the jump occurs as the skater turns forwards and jumps off the right pick (for a right-handed skater). That's what the coaches mean.

Hmm, I understand what you're talking about. Make a sense!
I quoted the statement to tell you the difference about the jumps but you correctly told me the similarity among the jumps.

Thank you so much!!! I love something like this. ;)

RunnersHigh
08-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Relax. I am just asking out of curiosity. The clips seems to only focus on one jump (lutz) which she had issues for a long time. She only began training with Nakagubo a little more than a month ago, so I think it's unlikely these issues will be corrected so soon.

We know each other for about an year, doesn't we? I do not make a sweeping criticism to a skater. Of course, do that to **** haters.

Sorry, if I hurt you. And I'll recover your r*** some later.
Good night. It's too late for me. I waited your reply.

WayCon
08-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Hmm, I understand what you're talking about. Make a sense!
I quoted the statement to tell you the difference about the jumps but you correctly told me the similarity among the jumps.

Thank you so much!!! I love something like this. ;)

There's always something for us to learn; that's why the technical panel has three people.

floskate
08-11-2010, 06:49 PM

Your user title tells me all I need to know thanks :lol: This thread is about Mao's jumps so why make an ill concealed reference to Ms Kim? Just because some judges got a bit giddy on the +3's does not the worlds best ever triple lutz make. Plenty of skaters had wonderful triple lutzes long before Ms Kim came along. Now go do your skating history homework and get back to me ;)

RunnersHigh
08-11-2010, 07:12 PM
^^Thank you. This is what I needed.
Studied for about 4 years but it's still hard for me to know what figure skating is. I'm almost finishing to study Technical Panels handbook 2010/2011 but there're still more Comm.XXXX to study.

As to history homework, I don't wanna know about the 6.0 era. IJS alone is enough. :lol::lol:

Plz, let me know everything about figure skating! That's why I paid to FSU. :)