PDA

View Full Version : Mao etc exhibited the training to the media before the opening of the season.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

orbitz
08-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Her flutz does not look fixed at all, though she is trying to make it look less obvious in the clip. There isn't much time until start of GP series and chances of her fixing the problem looks very slim.

I thought Mao had gotten the lutz back under TT eventhough she wasn't confident enough on it to do it in actual competitions. Yeah, judging from the clip, the lutz/flutz doesn't look promising, but it was only one brief clip so who knows.

It really is too bad Mao's coach when whe was coming up let get get away with flawed techniques and now she has to relearn them. Best of luck to her.

wonderlen
08-09-2010, 05:49 PM
I don't think Mao is worry about not defending her World title or anything. Her main goals is for the Gold for in Sochi and starting all her jumps with new technique going to take at least 3-4 years to master. Either way it will be good for her.

burntBREAD
08-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Her flutz does not look fixed at all, though she is trying to make it look less obvious in the clip. There isn't much time until start of GP series and chances of her fixing the problem looks very slim.

I dunno, if you take a look at this

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1079800.gif

it seems as if it's the right edge

hanca
08-09-2010, 09:49 PM
I dunno, if you take a look at this

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1079800.gif

it seems as if it's the right edge

Of course it is from the right edge. But some people won't ever be happy!

Jenna
08-09-2010, 09:59 PM
This has nothing to do with being "happy." I want Mao to succeed in fixing the edge, but sugarcoating things is unproductive. With that said, the edge on the lutz in that clip looks great, I don't think anything would be called.

Lookingood
08-09-2010, 09:59 PM
Delete..

floskate
08-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the link burntBREAD. A true lutz take off but she's a bit off in the air and of course underrotated hence the swinging leg. But an outside edge is an outside edge. Some people seem to forget that she has infact already been credited with a true lutz in the 2008-09 season.

All power to the girl. To re-work all your jumps at the peak of your career is RISKY stuff but this is Mao. Say what you like about her, she sure does it her way and I admire her for her hard work, determination to be the very best skater that she can be and above all, not be afraid to fail in the short term in order to succeed later on. That takes a lot of maturity and personal insight to deal with, especially when your every move on the ice is scrutinised by the ever present Japanese media.

WayCon
08-10-2010, 01:26 AM
Mao's Lutz in the gif file posted by burntBREAD looks to me to be 100% perfect, as in Miki Ando or Joannie Rochette perfect. By the way I think that shot is the same we see in the second youtube link posted by NMURA (starting about minute 1:03). I played that vid in very slow, slow motion, and, looking between the writing, I saw--bing--a very good Lutz and very high.

Consistency and performance under pressure are the next issues for Mao to address in her Lutz.

RumbleFish
08-10-2010, 04:00 AM
Looking at the clip, I see a déjà vu of 2008 when Tarasova proudly declared to the world that Asada has fixed the lutz. We all know how that ended.

I sincerely hope this is not a mere sugar coating and she corrects her lutz, but don't think disclosing to the media before achieving a legitimate progress will do her any good.

tianrushui
08-10-2010, 04:24 AM
Looking at the clip, I see a déjà vu of 2008 when Tarasova proudly declared to the world that Asada has fixed the lutz. We all know how that ended.

I sincerely hope this is not a mere sugar coating and she corrects her lutz, but don't think disclosing to the media before achieving a legitimate progress will do her any good.

The truth is during 08-09 season, Mao never got an "e" call. You could say her lutz was not stable, but an outside edge is an outside edge.
BTW. I really don't understand why you bother to appear in Mao threads. Why bother to spend time on someone you doesn't like?

NMURA
08-10-2010, 04:46 AM
Probably what RumbleFish saw as a "flutz" is actually a flip. Sometimes they are confusing but the edges are clearly different.

RunnersHigh
08-10-2010, 04:58 AM
Mao's Lutz in the gif file posted by burntBREAD looks to me to be 100% perfect, as in Miki Ando or Joannie Rochette perfect. By the way I think that shot is the same we see in the second youtube link posted by NMURA (starting about minute 1:03). I played that vid in very slow, slow motion, and, looking between the writing, I saw--bing--a very good Lutz and very high.

Consistency and performance under pressure are the next issues for Mao to address in her Lutz.

I don't think it's from the 2nd youtube link posted by NMURA. (but currently deleted by the uploader.)
Frame by frame, I captured the 2nd 2Lz not blocked by subtitles because I couldn't sure whether the jump is a lutz or flutz.

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/9120/20100808lutz.png

Way better as it was but hard to say it is clean correct take-off. For me, the final take-off edge in the picture is not that different with her edge of flip.

Beside that, the toe is not picking an ice at all. With a full blade, pre-rotation more than 1/4 and forward jump it is.

Of course, it's just a practice clip, I'm not a TP, no slo-mo to judge the take-off edge and You/I need not to conclude the jump this early. I know them very well. It's just my opinion.

And one thing clear is she can do Lz from time to time.

ChibiChibi
08-10-2010, 05:25 AM
Mao and her coach said that she's re-working on her jumps techniques. They never said that her jumps were fixed, and she's ready to go. Why can't we be satisfied with the fact that she's working very hard to fix her jumps?

RunnersHigh
08-10-2010, 05:33 AM
The truth is during 08-09 season, Mao never got an "e" call. You could say her lutz was not stable, but an outside edge is an outside edge.
BTW. I really don't understand why you bother to appear in Mao threads. Why bother to spend time on someone you doesn't like?

:lol: After you.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2677427&postcount=2

Fallcolor
08-10-2010, 06:08 AM
Glad that Mao is working on a lutz, but she apparently fixed it in summer of 2008, only for the flutz to come back in Jan 2009! Hopefully this won't be the case again!

Is she planning a 3lutz in the SP too? Glad she's going for two different 3+3's in the LP this season (like in 08) but i'm not completely happy with the idea of two 3A's in the LP too :wall: