PDA

View Full Version : Yuna planning on an Ice Show in LA in early October?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Lanie
08-10-2010, 01:54 AM
Depending on the cast, I'll most likely be there. :) I went to LA for Worlds, I'll do it again. Only for skating. I hate driving to LA.

You can be there in spirit, RunnersHigh!

OliviaPug
08-10-2010, 01:56 AM
I so hope this show comes to pass. I will do everything in my power to be there regardless of the skater lineup b/c I know it will be a great show. I've never see Yuna skate in person. What a great opportunity!

O-

Kelleys6th
08-10-2010, 04:13 AM
Invite Ilia Kulik!! :swoon:
Katia would be great too!
If so, I'll be there!

:cat:

key65man
08-10-2010, 06:49 AM
Kwan and Kim's side must have had the business side of it all ironed out. I thought it was going to be a tough negotiation as Kwan has big drawing power here (although the main target audience appear to be Korean Americans). Good for them.

I need to figure out how to get the max out of the trip.

query5
08-10-2010, 05:48 PM
actually i hope michelle doesn't skate in the show . why for a couple of reasons
which were pointed out in the korea newspapers and by yu-na's management agency.

1) it implies that the only reason yu-na is doing the show is FOR KOREAN people only--no one else (no other group) -she got the Yu-na day in Los Angeles for the Korean people--no other group. SO does that exclude the other groups of people.

2) it is all about yu-na (which is no skating) i think. it is a show for yu-na about yu-na -which implies to see how well she sells in the U.S>

3) it is political--would have Yu-na did the show in the U.s. without the Yu-na Day-which implies the person who brought is up (councilman might be up for office this november so he might have put her name in so he can be reelected.

4) michelle if she skates might received a backlash as well as any american skater in the show due to the political impact that started it and the impressions that American people got, thought regarding her (honorary L.A. citizenship over american athletes)-whether there will be one or not, i don't know but what people are really thinking regarding this is leaving a bad taste in some American people mouths. so personally to be safe is not to skate in her show.

Personally i find that show start has a political beginning that might her yu-na as well as other skaters who skate on the show.

yes it is only a show-but would have yu-na did it without the yu-na day, they are impling that the Only reason they did is because of Yu-na day for the Korean people- (to much inbetween not said-or hasl got american people thinking what our government really says about american born athletes versus non-american. it goes beyond about a skating show.

skatesindreams
08-10-2010, 05:55 PM
i hope michelle doesn't skate in the show.

Why am I not surprised?

UMBS Go Blue
08-10-2010, 05:59 PM
[entire post]:huh:

ponta1
08-10-2010, 06:04 PM
:huh:

My thoughts exactly.

Query5, if you don't like it, don't go. Simple as that.

clara00
08-10-2010, 06:14 PM
actually i hope michelle doesn't skate in the show . why for a couple of reasons
which were pointed out in the korea newspapers and by yu-na's management agency.

1) it implies that the only reason yu-na is doing the show is FOR KOREAN people only--no one else (no other group) -she got the Yu-na day in Los Angeles for the Korean people--no other group. SO does that exclude the other groups of people.

2) it is all about yu-na (which is no skating) i think. it is a show for yu-na about yu-na -which implies to see how well she sells in the U.S>

3) it is political--would have Yu-na did the show in the U.s. without the Yu-na Day-which implies the person who brought is up (councilman might be up for office this november so he might have put her name in so he can be reelected.

4) michelle if she skates might received a backlash as well as any american skater in the show due to the political impact that started it and the impressions that American people got, thought regarding her (honorary L.A. citizenship over american athletes)-whether there will be one or not, i don't know but what people are really thinking regarding this is leaving a bad taste in some American people mouths. so personally to be safe is not to skate in her show.

Personally i find that show start has a political beginning that might her yu-na as well as other skaters who skate on the show.

yes it is only a show-but would have yu-na did it without the yu-na day, they are impling that the Only reason they did is because of Yu-na day for the Korean people- (to much inbetween not said-or hasl got american people thinking what our government really says about american born athletes versus non-american. it goes beyond about a skating show.

hmm..:(

DreamSkates
08-10-2010, 06:25 PM
query 5 - your comments make no sense. I think it would be awesome to have 2 ice queens skating in a show, as they did in Korea. A queen from the past and the one for now and the future.

query5
08-10-2010, 06:32 PM
iwasn't planning on it.
but there is too much implications in this for it to be held.

why they thought of the tour earlier, sure why didn't go through with it.

according to articles--read --only doing it for korean people due to yuna day
implications there.

if she wanted to do the show -they managment company could have stated doing show in la on october 2nd for her popularity and outreach to american public--not just doing show for Yu-na Day in L.a--to much implications

also if Yu-na wants to become U.s spokesperson she has to [put up with good, bad and ugly with the american people in u.s

how some american people think and reach to different situations and announcments and honors is different than korean

also yu-na isn't american citizen-so who knows how will react.
the american public took some time to get use to katarina she skated 8 years competitively and than did it and there was still some backlash,
katia was kinda spared due to her situation, sonja had to wait 10 years.
yu-na seems nice, kinda a smug at time. she is doing the right things, but do we really know her no.
how the american public treats yu-na will be different than how they treat the other american athletes.
yu-na entered the political arena aspect of it , when she okayed and got yu-na day-yes it is an honor for her, however they is a price to it.
what kind depends on how yu-na, agency handles it.
the american people do know the difference between favoring and getting things for their american athletes versus non-american.
we like other countries atheles yes-but not over our own.

sorry to be a killjoy-but reality bites.

UMBS Go Blue
08-10-2010, 06:37 PM
how some american people think and reach to different situations and announcments and honors is different than koreanThis American likes both Yu-Na and Michelle, and likes to approach things with logic and an open mind. Many others across the world, Koreans included, do too.

Unfortunately, with all due respect, your posts are exceptionally incomprehensible.

skatingfan5
08-10-2010, 06:39 PM
:huh: query5: I have no idea what you are complaining/concerned about nor in what way you think that Yu-na has designs on becoming a "U.S. spokesperson". Your posts in this thread don't make much sense at all, I'm afraid.

query5
08-10-2010, 06:47 PM
i wasn't expeciting most skating fans, to like or understand what i am saying.
i apprecate and like all you reasons and ideas even yours umbs go blue.
your opinons are noted and appreciate.

not everyone likes or will approve of what happens and in someways might react like not going to show or letting other people know.

yu-na show probably won't do anything here in us but be a show.
however as far as marketablity in the U.s for her--who knows.

some american people read into alot of things, and we prefer our athletes to get the "city days" over other countries athletes and we let people know it.
what kind of impact from here on it who knows.

yu-na is a lovely girl.

her show might be a big boost, but who knows. i don't know
should us skaters skate on show probably wouldn't hurt but help.
but i don't know.
probably be forgotten by april, but election time is coming up in november who knows.

ponta1
08-10-2010, 06:51 PM
i wasn't expeciting most skating fans, to like or understand what i am saying.
i apprecate and like all you reasons and ideas even yours umbs go blue.
your opinons are noted and appreciate.

not everyone likes or will approve of what happens and in someways might react like not going to show or letting other people know.

yu-na show probably won't do anything here in us but be a show.
however as far as marketablity in the U.s for her--who knows.

some american people read into alot of things, and we prefer our athletes to get the "city days" over other countries athletes and we let people know it.
what kind of impact from here on it who knows.

yu-na is a lovely girl.

her show might be a big boost, but who knows. i don't know
should us skaters skate on show probably wouldn't hurt but help.
but i don't know.
probably be forgotten by april, but election time is coming up in november who knows.

I have no idea what it is you're trying to say.