PDA

View Full Version : Nobunari Oda talks about married life

Pages : [1] 2 3

MINAM
08-06-2010, 01:27 AM
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20100805-00000010-oric-ent

Nobunari Oda appeared on a TV show "Ame agari Club" and talked about life being married. The MC of this program is Ame agari kesshitai. Oda is a huge fan of them.

Pics from the program
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/photo/78809/p00201008050966657001280982876L/
(One shot shows them eating an egg dish cooked by Oda's wife)

- His wife scolds him a lot of his sloppy life style and "we often get into arguments about that." such as:

1) The way he folds the laundry
2) How he does the dishes
3) He forgets to turn off the water
Ame agari kesshitai read a letter from Oda's wife and pointed out that Oda thinks "he can work through anything somehow".

- He'll be a father in October. "I want to be by her side when she gives birth." (It's possible because he will be in Japan around that time).

- His wife makes him lunch everyday.

- When asked if he's making money, Oda replied "My income is less than the expense." He's still red even if he wins a GP event.
"If my child wants to play a sport, I'd recommed one that will bring in more money".

Edited to add:
The program will be aired on August 7th, 18:30 (Kansai area only).

MikiAndoFan#1
08-06-2010, 01:31 AM
Thank you for sharing this!

:)

I hope everything turns out great and that they'll be very happy together with their baby, with happiness and health!

skateboy
08-06-2010, 02:38 AM
Wow, October already? He looks really happy.

Kasey
08-06-2010, 03:07 AM
Hey Mrs. Oda; he DOES the dishes, and folds laundry!! Complaints can be kept at a minimum! ;)

KayMil01
08-06-2010, 03:28 AM
I can't believe he is married with a baby on the way! he looks so young...how old is he again? 23?

MikiAndoFan#1
08-06-2010, 12:02 PM
I can't believe he is married with a baby on the way! he looks so young...how old is he again? 23?

Yes, he's 23 years old.

:)

orbitz
08-06-2010, 01:45 PM
- His wife scolds him a lot of his sloppy life style and "we often get into arguments about that." such as:

1) The way he folds the laundry,
2) How is does the dishes
3) He forgets to turn off the water

Uh...isn't that the woman's job? :P

FrouFrou
08-07-2010, 05:00 AM
Hey Mrs. Oda; he DOES the dishes, and folds laundry!! Complaints can be kept at a minimum! ;)

:lol:

natsukie325
08-07-2010, 05:11 AM

What century do you live in?;)

cheriepopo
08-07-2010, 03:03 PM
maybe because his wife is pregnant so he has to do these jobs instead of her? LOL

Jenna
08-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Perhaps this is the norm. in Japanese culture? I wish it was the norm. in American culture! ;)

Japanfan
08-08-2010, 06:57 AM
Perhaps this is the norm. in Japanese culture? I wish it was the norm. in American culture! ;)

Unless life in Japan has changed tremendously, America is still way ahead in terms of men doing domestic stuff.

Probably he folds the laundry and does the dishes only occasionally - otherwise I'm sure he would have learned to do these chores properly in accord with his wife's specifications.

inskate
08-08-2010, 09:30 AM

:lynch: ;)

I dunno, I always found charming about Nobunari that he always seemed to value family life very high and didn't seem to be afraid of sharing the responsibilities in a marriage. When he went to America to work with Morozov, he had to live alone, and later he said in an interview that he thinks he would made a good househusband, because he learned to cook well and take care of the house. ;)
Kinda refreshing when all the men in my house react to being asked to clean up after themselves as if I asked them to run through the city nekkid... :slinkaway

mmot
08-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Unless life in Japan has changed tremendously, America is still way ahead in terms of men doing domestic stuff.

Probably he folds the laundry and does the dishes only occasionally - otherwise I'm sure he would have learned to do these chores properly in accord with his wife's specifications.

I think men's perception towards domestic chores have changed quite a bit in Japan in the recent years - especially amongst younger ones. At least younger men don't automatically assume that's women's job, and feels fair enough to do their share. Moreover, more men live on their own when younger and thus have no choice but to learn to do domestic chores. (I haven't lived in Japan for many years, but I can see the difference in my cousins, friends and friends' partners - and am delighted!)

The assumption you made about Oda is a touch unfair, I think. He's been married only for 3 months or so (and he was away in Canada for training and choreography for quire a while since), and before then he always lived with his parents. He's perhaps just learning to help out domestically. All I can say is - way to go, Nobu! Keep up with your hard work both on and off the ice! ;)

Cheylana
08-08-2010, 03:12 PM
He'll be a father in October. "I want to be by her side when she gives birth." (It's possible because he will be in Japan around that time).
Aww :)

When asked if he's making money, Oda replied "My income is less than the expense." He's still red even if he wins a GP event.
Boo :(