PDA

View Full Version : Crab recipes?

The Village Idiot
08-06-2010, 01:12 AM
It has been quite the fruitful crab season for my friend ("I catch at least a dozen a day w/o even trying") and I gratefully will be reaping the rewards with a delivery tomorrow. I LOVE crab and can just eat it plain, but from the sounds of it, I may tire of that.

I've got a crabcake recipe...any other suggestions on what I can do w/ crabmeat/legs? Not too complicated, please. Blue crabs.

michiruwater
08-06-2010, 01:15 AM
Send it to your good friend michiruwater?

you asked for suggestions on what to do with it...

All seriousness, though, I would make a paella. Or a soup. I generally just come up with an idea and make it up from there but I'm sure there are many recipes for crab/seafood paella and crab soup.

BigB08822
08-06-2010, 01:15 AM
Do you like gratin? There are surely tons of recipes for crab gratin online.

Of course, being in Louisiana, I must suggest GUMBO!

KikiSashaFan
08-06-2010, 01:18 AM
I use it in dip. I usually use canned though :shuffle: I mix one can crab, slighly less than one brick of cream cheese and minced green onions and put it under the broiler until it bubbles (about 15 minutes). Then just added toasted slivered almonds on top and serve with veggies or crackers, I usually use stoned wheat thins.

The only other crab recipe I have is for pasta. Make a batch of spaghetti and while it's cooked mix crab, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, dry white wine, parsley and chilli pepper and simmer over low heat. When the pasta is done, just toss it all together.

BrokenAnkle
08-06-2010, 01:43 AM
I love crab! Is it Dungeness? Yum!

Another good use is in a Crab Louis - Iceberg lettuce, lots of crab and Thousand Island Dressing. Here's a good recipe from epicurious:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Crab-Louis-106264

LadyGray
08-06-2010, 01:51 AM
Sex with a harlot :shuffle:

michiruwater
08-06-2010, 02:26 AM
Is that a recipe??

Rex
08-06-2010, 03:18 AM
Crab Hash (http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/southern-crab-hash)

I absolutely lurve this....I used some good quality canned crab for this one, but it sounds like you've got the real stuff. Good luck with your search.

Squibble
08-06-2010, 06:05 AM
Cioppino

lb. prawns
lb. mussels
lb. scallops
lb. firm white fish, chopped in 1 inch pieces (optional)
1 Dungeness crab, cracked and cleaned
1 small can fileted anchovies
1 cup white wine
1 cup fish consomme or clam juice
1 yellow onion
6 cloves garlic
1 shallot (optional)
1 stalk celery, with leaves
red or green pepper
⅜ cup olive oil
2 lbs. Roma tomatoes
cilantro or parsley
oregano
ground black pepper
2 tsps. cayenne pepper or chili powder
salt (optional)
bay leaves (optional)
rosemary (optional)

Cut the fish into cubes. Wash the shellfish. Keep these on the side until ready.

Chop up the onion, red pepper, cilantro, and celery. Mince the garlic and the shallot. Soften these ingredients in the olive oil in a large pot, then bring the combination to a brisk boil for five minutes. Chop up the tomatoes and add them, along with the chili, oregano, bay leaves, rosemary, salt, and black pepper to the pot. Cook for 10-15 minutes.

Add the wine and fish consomme. Bring to a boil, and then immediately add the anchovies, white fish, and shellfish to the pot. Reduce heat. Cook until done. Remove all unopened mussel and clam shells.

Serve with Italian bread or croutons dipped in olive oil.

Serves 4-6.

zhenya271
08-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Simple salad with avocado! Perfect for summer. Even my 10 year old DS can't get enough.:)