PDA

View Full Version : Favourite PIXAR Movie

Pages : 1 [2]

skateycat
08-05-2010, 05:17 AM
Because of little skateycat, I have seen Cars eleventy billion nine hundred squillion times, and I still love it and I still cry at the end. That kind of enduring likeability makes it my favorite, but there's not a bad one in the bunch yet, so I voted Cars and I liked them all.

literaryfreak
08-05-2010, 05:54 AM
Wall-e and Toy Story 3. I have never cried so much during a movie as I did with Wall-E, just those droopy eyes of his...I think I have some weird empathy with robots. :P I've become such a sucker for wistful, nostalgic animated films that don't even seem to be meant for little kids in the first place. ;)

I'm finding that I enjoy Pixar's latest films more than what Disney is putting out these days. Has Disney had any bonafide classics in the last few years? I was a little disappointed with Princess and the Frog (and I'd really been looking forward to it), and the upcoming Tangled has Mandy Moore doing the voice of Rapunzel, so I have a hard time envisioning this as a Disney classic. :yawn:

VIETgrlTerifa
08-05-2010, 06:20 AM
I think I have to say Toy Story (I consider the three movies as three parts of one big movie) just because it resonated so much with me when I saw it.

I think I may have to do a toss-up between Wall-E and Finding Nemo for the second spot with The Incredibles following up. I loved the more mature storyline of The Incredibles and its social commentary AND Sarah Vowell as Violet totally makes the movie.

BrokenAnkle
08-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Another vote for Toy Story 1-3. Every movie stands up on its own - I also love The Incredibles!

Wyliefan
08-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Wall-E has one of the best openings I've seen in years. I'm a Michael Crawford fangirl, so hearing him sing that Hello Dolly song had me totally blissed out. :D

rfisher
08-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Finding Nemo and the Toy Stories, but I had to vote for the last one also because being a soulless vampire appeals to me.

rjblue
08-05-2010, 08:44 PM
I loved The Incredibles, and I've watched Wall*E three times, but I've never been able to make it through Finding Nemo. I've never seen Up, and the rest of them were ok, but not movies I'd put on my favourites list.

My favourite animated movie is The Iron Giant, but neither of my younger kids liked it at all.

CynicElle
08-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Just couldn't choose between Up and Finding Nemo, so I picked both. The Incredibles is right behind them.

orbitz
08-05-2010, 09:40 PM
I find that Ellen is as annoying as an animated character as she is on her live show, LOL. I would probably enjoy Nemo more without the Dora character.

I think The Incredibles is an ok/good movie. A little bit overrated though.

danceronice
08-12-2010, 06:03 PM
I find that Ellen is as annoying as an animated character as she is on her live show, LOL. I would probably enjoy Nemo more without the Dora character.

I think my problem with Finding Nemo is...well, actually, yeah, a fish like that IS better off in a well-maintained saltwater tank than in the wild. A bad fin? He's snack food in the wild. (Of course, real fish don't talk or give a huge crap about their offspring after a while anyway, so...Disney movie.)

VIETgrlTerifa
08-13-2010, 05:20 PM
I guess the question is whether it's better to live independently with all the risks and dangers involved or would you prefer to be sheltered and safe but with virtually no freedom, essentially unable to experience anything other than the crazy joy you feel when the toy treasure chest opens to blow bubbles.

mpal2
08-13-2010, 05:29 PM
I haven't see Cars, Ratatouille, or Wall*E yet but I loved all the others. :)

peibeck
08-13-2010, 06:11 PM
I pretty much love all of Pixar's feature length movies. "Finding Nemo" is my favorite, but the whole "Toy Story" trilogy is pretty amazing as well.

"Cars" is probably my least favorite of their films.

It's sad that Pixar can produce an amazing movie about every 18 months while the rest of Hollywood churns out so much crap.

Nan
08-13-2010, 06:39 PM
I haven't seen them all, but I liked all that I have seen. Cars is my grandson's favorite so I have to vote for it.

Cyn
08-14-2010, 11:08 AM
I fell in love with the Toy Story movies, and they owned my heart until Ratatouille was released. Hands-down, my favorite Pixar movie ever.

Any flick that combines cuisine, rodents (seeing as how I adore mice and hamsters), amazing computer animation, and one amazing soundtrack wins the prize in my book. I can almost ignore that pinhead, Jeanine Garafaolo's, political ridiculouslness when I watch it.