PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD 8/4-5 The Final Four

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

Aceon6
08-06-2010, 03:21 PM
I'm hoping for Hok. That would work.

Other than Danny, who else had mad ballet skills? Someone's got to be able to pull off the triple en aire.

flyingsit
08-06-2010, 03:22 PM
I didn't watch either show this week; Wednesday night I went to a show, and last night I worked out instead. I have a feeling I'll just delete them from the DVR without watching, and I don't even care who wins.

The casting decisions, the over-the-top manipulation, the judging ridiculousness, have all combined to take away the joy in the show for me.

pixie cut
08-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Other than Danny, who else had mad ballet skills? Someone's got to be able to pull off the triple en aire.

I think Travis could probably do it. Hok wouldn't work because he has zero ballet skills. The person taking Alex's part has to have ballet skills. Either Danny or Travis would be awesome.

Holley Calmes
08-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Of course I'm really happy that Robert made the final 3. I doubt he'll win-highly doubt. I like him for what I see he could be in the future as well as what he does well now. Between the 3 finalists, I don't think there is a "wow!" dancer. All three have a lot going for them, and I like them all. But they are all very, very young. None have the artistic maturity of Alex, which is what I think we all miss. It isn't a question of age so much as experience.

I just love Lauren-but I do wish they had given her "roles" that had allowed her to be something besides the sultry/vamp/blonde/sexual predator. She just got a lot of those, especially here towards the end, and they all run together in my mind. It keeps me from appreciating her potential for versatility. But if she won I'd be fine. I still think Kent will win, and to be honest, he's really good at what he does best.

Rob
08-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Well. They aren't "replacing" him with twitch since twitch was always in that number. They are replacing him with some yet to be named dance star.

My guess is it is either a joke, like Adam Shankman or Ellen DeGeneres, or someone from StepUp 3D (one of the stars or Joshua) or maybe Nigel finally got Paula Abdul to be on the show (ha!), or Russell to bring him back in the mix before the tour.

I am happy enough with the final 3. Would have preferred Alex and Billy of course, but I knew Kent would be in, and I am glad Lauren and Robert made it.

Satellitegirl
08-06-2010, 04:25 PM
I just love Lauren-but I do wish they had given her "roles" that had allowed her to be something besides the sultry/vamp/blonde/sexual predator. She just got a lot of those, especially here towards the end, and they all run together in my mind. It keeps me from appreciating her potential for versatility. But if she won I'd be fine. I still think Kent will win, and to be honest, he's really good at what he does best.

Yeah I agree... I would have liked more "kick ass" less feminine dances mixed in for her....at least something different.

genevieve
08-06-2010, 04:31 PM
I could see it be Joshua - which would be a real treat. Danny? I would be shocked. IIRC, when he did hip hop in his season it wasn't a high point for him.

OTOH, Travis has been so present this season it wouldn't surprise me if it's him. That would be a disappointment. Travis is a very good dancer but having it be him would be underwhelming.

TBH, the way Nigel said it, it sounds like not a former contestant at all, but someone from the larger world of dance. Who knows... but I am fine with them bringing someone in. It's a very good piece, and Twitch is awesome. If they were bringing in a different dancer to perform a piece with someone who was eliminated and they didn't want to bring them back, that would be terrible, but replacing someone with an injury is normal and fine. The show must go on, and all that. Alex didn't die and I'm really over the OTT eulogizing of him.

Satellitegirl
08-06-2010, 04:45 PM
It'll probably be Chris Brown in another attempt to get back fans :rofl:

genevieve
08-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Oh eek :scream:

pair mom
08-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Maybe Edward Villella, Alex's former boss at Miami City Ballet!!! He's a superstar from the dance world, just not this generation!:cool:

nypanda
08-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Gossip, but, what is it Danny supposedly has done to stab Travis in the back?

pair mom
08-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Maybe Edward Villella,(Alex's former boss) director of Miami City Ballet! He's a superstar from the dance world....just not this generation!

genevieve
08-06-2010, 05:51 PM
AFAIK, nothing. Pepople were just speculating because Nigel made Travis admit that the piece was based on something personal that had happened to him recently.

Allskate
08-06-2010, 05:55 PM

I haven't seen anything anywhere indicating that Danny is the inspiration for that dance. I don't know why someone would even try to suggest that he is.

Aceon6
08-06-2010, 05:56 PM

Sorry, I may have unintentionally stirred something up. Someone postulated that Travis' had been unlucky in love and I suggested that it could just as easily be a family dynamic thing. There's absolutely nothing there other than my mindless post.