PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD 8/4-5 The Final Four

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Satellitegirl
08-06-2010, 02:58 AM
yeah I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed. Robert's hip-hop number was good, but I still prefer Adechike.

Cupid
08-06-2010, 02:59 AM
Poor Asscheeky - I loved him!:(

rjblue
08-06-2010, 03:01 AM
I'm sad for Adechike, but the other 3 have had a beter season, so it's the best result. I wish it was Billy instead of Kent though.

skateboy
08-06-2010, 03:06 AM
I wish it was Billy instead of Kent though.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I so don't want Kent to win, but he probably will. (Thinking good thoughts about Robert, thinking good thoughts about Robert...)

Meredith
08-06-2010, 03:45 AM
For the finale, they are "replacing" Alex in the Hip-Hop with tWitch? What's up with that? You can not replace Alex. :angryfire :mad: To whom may I complain? :huh:

Lacey
08-06-2010, 03:45 AM
Late to the party, isn't Kent very very short, it just throws off the elegance.

Theatregirl1122
08-06-2010, 05:02 AM
For the finale, they are "replacing" Alex in the Hip-Hop with tWitch? What's up with that? You can not replace Alex. :angryfire :mad: To whom may I complain? :huh:

Well. They aren't "replacing" him with twitch since twitch was always in that number. They are replacing him with some yet to be named dance star.

genevieve
08-06-2010, 06:04 AM
Late to the party, isn't Kent very very short, it just throws off the elegance.
no, not particularly.

No surprise with the result, but I'm disappointed. will be voting in full force for Lauren next week!

Liked the group number, was kind of glad it was a number of JUST the all-stars.

I love Janelle Monae!!!!!! That was a great performance. ps to the show - this is her first full length album but it's not her debut. she's been great for years!

Lauren's solo was awesome.

Meredith
08-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Well. They aren't "replacing" him with twitch since twitch was always in that number. They are replacing him with some yet to be named dance star.I am pleased you brought that up, because I was unclear. What I meant to say was "in the hip hop piece with tWitch, Alex has been replaced with another dancer since Alex is unable to dance at this time."

The point is, you can't "replace" either dancer in the Hip Hop number. It's not just the choreography or the individual dancers that make this routine work so well; it's the synergy.

DubbalinGirl
08-06-2010, 02:21 PM
I watched both episodes last night on DVR (total viewing time: 50 minutes wheee!). I was actually horrified by the Adechike hate, but more so after they gave fairly decent reviews to Kent's disco number, which was actually atrocious. That should have been crucified and burned from our eyelids forever. You'd think that Adechike's numbers were worse than that the way they tore into them. Reading this thread yesterday I thought maybe y'all were overreacting about Mia's commentary especially, but man, she was harsher than harsh.

After Alex was out, I lost all love for this season, but as an adult woman, I see nothing compelling about watching either Kent or Billy, because I feel like I'm watching children's theater when they dance (probably why they get all the tween love). They're good dancers but they just don't dance like men, more like boys, and neither really grew much over the series, imho. Plus the whole virgin from the cornfields thing just drove me whacky.

Sans Alex, I'd rather see Robert and Adechike in the final. Lauren has really surprised me at how she's grown, because I really disliked her from the auditions onward, but these last few weeks she won me over.

GarrAarghHrumph
08-06-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm not entirely sure I know how to spell Flo Rider (that doesn't look right) but that was a lot of fun.

ETA: I see it's Flo Rida. :lol:

Yeah. Man's from New York. ;) Joking, joking.

GarrAarghHrumph
08-06-2010, 02:33 PM
I agree - I couldn't even see Kurt in that disco number. Cortney danced him off the stage.

Re: Ade and the comments he got from Mia - I feel that having someone so vocal, who seems to only know (or care about?) the technique of contemporary, and thus rips that apart, while there is no one on the panel who knows the technique of certain other styles, so those get glossed over, is just not right.

Kurt's disco was not there, and yet the judges didn't know enough about the actual technique to *really* comment. Robert's Viennese was all right, but not great - and yet the judges didn't know enough about the actual technique to comment. And yet Ade's contemp technique gets ripped to shreds, because there's a vocal contemp judge on the panel? That is not fair.

And I'm no fan of Ade. And some of Mia's comments, I agree with. But I don't think it's fair.

pixie cut
08-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Well. They aren't "replacing" him with twitch since twitch was always in that number. They are replacing him with some yet to be named dance star.

My guess is it will be either Travis or Danny.

rjblue
08-06-2010, 02:49 PM
I'm hoping for Hok. That would work.

skatingfan5
08-06-2010, 02:53 PM
I agree - I couldn't even see Kurt in that disco number. Cortney danced him off the stage.

Kurt's disco was not there, and yet the judges didn't know enough about the actual technique to comment. I didn't see Kurt either -- it was Kent in that dance. :shuffle: Show how memorable he is to some folks. :P

I'm OK with the final three -- I voted and voted and voted for Lauren plus about half as many times for Robert. Kent's last number was very good, but I though his disco was poor. For some reason Adechike really didn't seem to have as much fire in him on Wednesday -- at least not to my eyes. He usually has really stunning leaps, but several times his legs didn't seem more than 2/3 extended. I know his technique isn't at the level of others, but I hadn't noticed that aspect as much in previous weeks.