PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD 8/4-5 The Final Four

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

shells
08-05-2010, 02:54 AM
I am not sure why she is judging, clearly she has her favorites and spits acid on those she doesn't like. If you have something constructive to say, do it. But if you are going to be nasty for nasty's sake, find another job.

I agree completely with you.

PrincessLeppard
08-05-2010, 02:54 AM
I should've hated that, but I thought it was danced very well. And I'm not a Kent fan. At all.

shells
08-05-2010, 02:55 AM
Neil looks like Curtis Stone. That's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Theatregirl1122
08-05-2010, 02:56 AM
I really loved that. Although the stated story doesn't entirely jive with the choreography for me.

PrincessLeppard
08-05-2010, 02:57 AM
Mia needs to get over herself. As does Tyce.

my little pony
08-05-2010, 02:58 AM
that last dance reminded me of Dumbledore's falling out with Grindelwald

shells
08-05-2010, 02:58 AM
I think if I was ranking tonight I'd have Kent & Robert close together at the top with Lauren close behind and Adechike going home.

rjblue
08-05-2010, 03:02 AM
I think if I was ranking tonight I'd have Kent & Robert close together at the top with Lauren close behind and Adechike going home.I'd give Robert a slight edge for the first dance. As much as I like Kent the least, he is a good dancer who deserves to be in the finale.

Adechike has a compelling backstory, and the trashing from the judges might get him some votes. Lauren could be in danger, because she didn't stand out enough.

Holley Calmes
08-05-2010, 04:29 AM
I only saw the last half, and I do think Adechike was weakest. I was really disappointed in that piece. I guess I expected so much with it being Desmond and Dwight.....but Adechike wasn't up to it and the choreography wasn't all that. I wonder about how that evolved... hum....because Kathryn looked fantastic, and her choreography was realy good. What does this say? But of course Adechike had to go and cry and rack up sympathy votes.....he is a sweet kid, and I do love him, but I'd send him home.

My darling Robert did great-loved the hip hop. I'll look forward to seeing the waltz tomorrow night on tivo. The Travis Wall piece was sensational, I thought. I think Kent did a spectacular job with it. I'd have Adechike going home although he's such a dear boy..but it's just a crap shoot. Kent's a lock, but I'm thinking any of the other three could be the ones going home. Oh heck-they're all going on tour, so they should all be happy.

And I've got tickets! yay!

TygerLily
08-05-2010, 04:41 AM
Yeah, I can't imagine who will be going home. I felt Robert had the strongest night overall but I suspect he'll be going home because of the Adechicke sympathy vote. His background video was moving!

genevieve
08-05-2010, 06:44 AM
I think this might be the first time that the judges almost ruined the whole show for me. Not just Mia - every single word from all four judges was complete crap tonight. Even when I agreed with them. It was just sooooooooooooo freakin obvious how they were trying to sway votes. it felt like results night, not competition night. I hate all four of them right now.

Oh, and at 8:30pm all we'd seen was the group number and Lauren's first dance :mad:

Lauren
Argentine Tango w/ Pasha - I liked this, but in places it felt a little tentative rather than controlled

Sean Cheeseman Jazz w/Ade - LOVED THIS CHOREOGRAPHY! :cheer2: I do agree that while her performance of the steps was bang on, the chemistry was a little lacking. I think this will be fantastic by the tour tho.

AdeChike
Sean Cheeseman Afro-Jazz w/Lauren - lighting and crap camera work made this dance really hard to see in places :mad: Didn't love the first half of the choreo, but the 2nd half was lovely. Adechike's bound quality was not a problem in this dance, I actually thought he danced with a ton of abandon because it felt personal to him.

Roden/Richardson Contemporary w/ Kathryn - That music made it impossible to like this dance. Didn't Roden/Richardson create the Will/Katee pas de deux as well? With the god awful sing by that AI twerp (Beatles cover)?!? Why do they sabotage their work with crappppppppy music that doesn't fit? Anyway, I have no opinion on the performance because I was too busy sticking my fingers in my ears, but all the "let's celebrate the fact you made it this far, loser!" apparently made Adechike think he was going home tonight, because he gave his goodbye speech :eek: who can blame him?

Oh, and guess who I'm voting like mad for right now?

Robert
Jonathan Roberts Viennese Waltz w/Anya
That press lift was ... better than usual for Robert, but still noticeably skitchy. So of course the judges cream themselves over how perfect it was. :rolleyes: I do think Robert's build looks really good doing ballroom.

NappyTabs w/Dom!
I think this is my favorite NappyTabs piece ever. It was fun, well performed and had nothing to do with the choreographers' relationship (or who knows, maybe it does). Great job!! But no, Robert did not outdance or outperform Dominic. Sheesh.

Kent
Doriana Disco w/Courtney - eeeeeeeeeeeek. Yeah, it's Doriana and no one really pays that much attention, but Kent did drop Courtney hard on that floor twirl (he was channeling Robert I guess), and the lack of extreme lifts was noticeable, as they are the only part of Doriana's choreo that is kind of fun. One of his worst performances, like that would make a difference anyway at this point.

Travis piece w/Neil - I loved this piece. At least until Nigel had to spoil it by asking poow widdle Twavis if it was based on recent events in his life. And Mia's blah blah blahing. I think this piece was where I just wanted all four judges to just STFU. but back to the piece - Kent again manages to dance without pulling faces - except for the stepping on the neck part, which was the weakest part of the choreography anyway IMO. He and Neil dance really well together - their styles are so similar. No coincidence that they got to do part 2 of their Bromance, I'm sure. anyway, I'm going to try to block all the verbal vomit from the judges and remember just the performance because it is a highlight of the season.

I didn't hate Tyce's quartet. But I hated Tyce for judging tonight, so retroactive bah to his stupid piece too :blah:

I agree with others that Adechike had the weakest overall night, but Robert should have been gone weeks ago, so that's who I am hoping will leave tomorrow. Plus I want to see Nigel & Co squirm

Aceon6
08-05-2010, 12:34 PM
I just flat out dislike Tyce. Wouldn't want to have a beer with him, wouldn't even want to do 2 minutes of small talk at a cocktail party with him.

As for the performances, on a 1 to 5 scale:
Lauren: 3 for the tango, 4 for the jazz
Robert: 3 for the waltz (just didn't feel it), 5 for the hip hop
Ade: 3 for the Afro, 3 for the jazz (not sure why Desmond didn't have Ade leaping all over the place in this, many of the steps highlighted his issues, not his talents)
Kent: 2 for the disco (just awful and even the small lifts were scary), 5 for the contemp

So, Robert wins the night for me.

Holley Calmes
08-05-2010, 12:48 PM
I agree about the background and lights making it hard to see the dancing. Lauren's jazz was that way to me. She looked stunning but I could hardly see her. Black outfits against a black background and flashing lights do not make for good viewing.

And yes-Tyce is just plain creepy. He's got that "eeuuw" factor in spades.

LadyNit
08-05-2010, 03:39 PM
I spent about an hour dialing for Lauren, with a few votes tossed in for Robert.

Kent's total fail with the disco routine shocked me. He was so, so awful. But the contemp dancing with Neil was 5-star WOW good. The total symmetry of their side by side dancing was stunning--both executing the exact same difficult steps, jumps, and turns in total synchronization and with bravura style. :swoon:

'Chicke made the least of his opportunities and, if I were allowed to choose, I'd send him home tonight.

LordCirque
08-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Mia was making the gay club rounds last night in WeHo, celebrating the end of Prop 8, supporting her gays :respec: :respec: :respec:

Nigel has been tweeting this morning that he is returning to AI as Exec Producer