PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD 8/4-5 The Final Four

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]

LordCirque
08-07-2010, 11:39 PM
Didn't Russell get hurt just a couple of days before the Finale? Or during the finale? So they wouldn't had time to put in another piece or teach another dancer that piece.

pixie cut
08-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Didn't Russell get hurt just a couple of days before the Finale? Or during the finale? So they wouldn't had time to put in another piece or teach another dancer that piece.

He sprained his ankle on the results show where they announced the winner. It was at the start of the show, so all of his routines they planned on showing, they used video tape of the original performances.

Rob
08-09-2010, 04:34 PM
It is quite possible, depending on who the replacement is, that showing that dance without Alex will be more of a waste of time. The dance was choreographed to his strengths and personality and part of the wow factor was seeing a ballet dancer in general - but him specifically do such a fantastic job.

That is why I doubt that they would have a current contestant or a random former contestant (unless it is a cross promotion for something) or even another All Star do this. It would be a weak or whatever version of the original. I think it has to be part of some Nigel schtick - something like the judges dancing, some choreographers doing their own work, some choreographers doing each other's work, or they drew in a big name for a guest spot. Let's just hope it isn't Katie Holmes. :rofl:

Glide2
08-09-2010, 05:31 PM
ideally, it's Alex. and instead of twitch as the psychiatrist, he's the doc in the white coat looking at Alex's x-ray. And instead of Alex sitting on a couch, he'll be on an exam table. I'm just sayin. could happen. dancing on crutches. could happen. he's a talented kid!

genevieve
08-09-2010, 05:37 PM
He sprained his ankle on the results show where they announced the winner. It was at the start of the show, so all of his routines they planned on showing, they used video tape of the original performances.

That's right - I'd forgotten. Although in that situation, they didn't have time to come up with something else to fill the time so I understand why they did it. But in general, the magic of performance comes from it being performed live. Of course, we're all seeing it on a tv screen anyway, but I maintain it would be a major cop-out for them to show a video of the piece during the finale.

Glide2, I like your idea - but the only way to include Alex in this piece would be to have him sitting the whole time. Why on earth would he jeopardize his health even more by doing any actual movement? Crutches can slip - doubt the show's insurance would let him do it even if he was buts enough to want to.

Rob
08-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Crutches can slip - doubt the show's insurance would let him do it even if he was buts enough to want to.

Unless he is seated the whole time somehow. Wheelchair hip hop?

The Accordion
08-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Let's just hope it isn't Katie Holmes. :rofl:

OH
DEAR
GOD

Holley Calmes
08-10-2010, 02:50 AM
Unless he is seated the whole time somehow. Wheelchair hip hop?

Not as unusual as it sounds. Full Radius Dance Co in Atlanta features dancers who are wheelchair bound. It might be a really nice way to highlight those performers who have challenges....some pretty interesting things can be done using a wheelchair...

http://www.fullradiusdance.org/

jayta
08-10-2010, 06:21 AM
I don't think you can second guess what the choreographer had in mind - intentions sake - about Kent/Neil piece. Why would Travis allow his piece to be manipulated and changed i that was the original vision of the piece?

Just because Travis is gay doesn't mean his world revolves around it and so would his pieces. Different things inspire people. And perhaps he went through a friendship going through this stage, which is saying goodbye?

I really loved the piece. I think that backstabbing part of the choreography was very powerful on screen. I loved the simplicity yet the emotion of every moment of the piece. Also loved the song.

Rob
08-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Any spoilers coming in?