PDA

View Full Version : The DWTS pre-season "Rumor-umba"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

deltask8er
08-04-2010, 03:50 AM
So far, NFL retired quarterback Kurt Warner

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/television/gail-pennington/article_67a4c142-9e70-11df-a49c-0017a4a78c22.html

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/tvblog/2010/08/idol-speculation-heats-up-as-f.html

ABC will announce the new cast Aug. 30 during an episode of "Bachelor Pad."

http://www.accesshollywood.com/dancing-with-the-stars-season-11-cast-to-be-unveiled-during-bachelor-pad_article_35206

Fan favorite Maksim Chmerkovskiy recently told Access he’d be thrilled to come back if they want him.

“I think it’s a great show and I love being on it and if they’ll have me, I’ll come back,” he said.

http://blogs.mcall.com/tvwatchers/2010/07/dancing-with-the-stars-season-11-cast-speculations.html

From what I’ve seen so far ABC doesn’t care about the “star” power again and are just looking for ratings.

Looking to get the younger crowd more involved in the voting ABC is considering Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino from the hit show “Jersey Shore.” We know he will fit right in because he already goes for a regular spray tan

Oy. If you think Len Goodman wasn't in a good mood before, :scream: .

Fridge_Break
08-04-2010, 05:02 AM
My local country radio station was mentioning something about Josh Turner being approached, although that very much might have been speculation and/or wishful thinking on their part.. I didn't catch the whole conversation that had taken place among the DJ's. I don't know if he'd take part having just released an album, in addition to his tour finishing up in October (although none of the dates seem to conflict with the Monday/Tuesday schedule...) Pure speculation at this point, however, I would have to say.

Cheylana
08-04-2010, 05:14 AM
So far, NFL retired quarterback Kurt Warner

I hope that rumor is true, I have always liked Kurt and I'm sure he'll have the usual NFL fanbase headstart.

Jem X
08-04-2010, 05:29 AM
I like Kurt, too, but he'll really need to work on his posture. He's always been kind of hunched over. See the third picture down...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/29/kurt-warner-press-confere_n_442281.html
By the way, Brenda certainly has improved her appearance. I still remember her wearing that feathered boa or whatever it was, back at Kurt's first Superbowl.

Cheylana
08-04-2010, 05:36 AM
I like Kurt, too, but he'll really need to work on his posture. He's always been kind of hunched over.
Yeah, I agree, posture needs work.

By the way, Brenda certainly has improved her appearance. I still remember her wearing that feathered boa or whatever it was, back at Kurt's first Superbowl.
I always had a soft spot for that crazy feather boa :)

overedge
08-04-2010, 06:44 AM
If any of those roidheads or silicone queens from Jersey Shore get on the show, I will boycott it. There's more than enough of them on MTV for anyone who enjoys their company...

Jenny
08-04-2010, 11:50 AM
One of the bloggers who has good sources at the Bachelor/Bachelorette says that both this season's star and her chosen one have been asked. He's been wrong before (but more right), and given that Ali danced in almost every episode - including several times with Roberto - I'd say it's a strong possibility.

Aceon6
08-04-2010, 01:36 PM
I wish they'd ditch the reality folks and just bring us some professional entertainers. It's tough enough to learn the dance, let alone learn how to perform.

orbitz
08-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Jessica Simpson's career (what's left of it) could use a boost.

I don't think Mike "The Situation" is bad. He's definitely the most well spoken of the Jersey Shore group.

GarrAarghHrumph
08-04-2010, 02:25 PM
I'd posted in the other DWTS thread about this, but one rumor amongst insiders in the media has been Neil Patrick Harris.

NancyNC
08-04-2010, 03:24 PM
I'd posted in the other DWTS thread about this, but one rumor amongst insiders in the media has been Neil Patrick Harris.

PLEASE let this be true! I would register so many e-mail addresses to vote for him that my fingers would be worn to a nub. :rollin::lol:

rfisher
08-04-2010, 03:29 PM
I don't care who the *stars* are as long as Maks is back and gets a decent partner. And Dmitry and Louis. Oh, and Edyta. She and Maks deserve to be in the top two for a change. The Ballas/Hough team can take a season off.

Murdoch
08-04-2010, 03:36 PM

Can they rig it like that?! Between his yumminess and skill I can't think of people who wouldn't vote for him! :watch:

Norlite
08-04-2010, 03:50 PM

Does ABC and DWTS do that? Have stars that are active on shows on competing networks?

NancyNC
08-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Does ABC and DWTS do that? Have stars that are active on shows on competing networks?

Last year Kate Gosselin would have been on an active show, but it wasn't really a competing network. Have all the soap stars been on ABC soaps?