PDA

View Full Version : 19 Kids and Counting - 5th season

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

ilovepaydays
08-03-2010, 05:49 PM
New season starts tonight on TLC.

List of episodes from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/19_Kids_and_Counting_episodes#Season_5)
Today Show 08/03/10 - Michelle Duggar: I would have a 20th child (http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38526037/ns/today-today_people/)

I think it is neat think Jana and John David went on a mission trip to Asia.

Not surprised that the Duggars would go visit the set of the film Courageous (http://www.courageousthemovie.com/). Those Sherwood Baptist Church movies wouldn't be in my must-watch movie list, of course, but I will admit that they have been getting better - considering their budget and that 95% of the cast and crew are volunteers from the church.

DickButtonFan
08-04-2010, 01:54 AM
Omg she would have a 20th child? I guess she is still not at all botherd by all the orphans in the world. How godly of them.

Wyliefan
08-04-2010, 02:18 AM
I really don't think a 20th child would be a good idea, and I disagree with the Duggars on a lot of things, but I don't quite understand how one more Duggar child would be a slap in the face to the world's orphans.

DickButtonFan
08-04-2010, 02:35 AM
Dunno I just thought religion was so important to them so thought they would try to do something about that.

They said they prayed about it no adoption yet:

http://duggarfamilyfan.wordpress.com/2010/06/30/duggar-family-considers-adoption/

Wyliefan
08-04-2010, 02:46 AM
Ah, well, if that's how it works -- I have no kids, so ipso facto I must be the greatest benefactor to orphans ever! Yay me! :cheer2:

DickButtonFan
08-04-2010, 02:53 AM
Ah, well, if that's how it works -- I have no kids, so ipso facto I must be the greatest benefactor to orphans ever! Yay me! :cheer2:

Not to judge you or others I'm just suggesting it to them because how open they are of wanting as many children as possible and they to have the means. They also claim to do what God says and I would think he'd want those without families to have one.

Norlite
08-04-2010, 03:06 AM
They also claim to do what God says and I would think he'd want those without families to have one.

Perhaps you should contact the Duggars and suggest you know God's plan for them better than they do.

DickButtonFan
08-04-2010, 03:38 AM
Perhaps you should contact the Duggars and suggest you know God's plan for them better than they do.

I don't know what God's plan is. I said I would think he would want children who don't have family to have one. There is plenty in the bible to take care of others so I am going by that since that's what they go by.

http://www.gotquestions.org/adoption.html

Prancer
08-04-2010, 03:44 AM
I don't know what God's plan is. I said I would think he would want children who don't have family to have one. There is plenty in the bible to take care of others so I am going by that since that's what they go by.

There is plenty in the Bible about just about everything, including being fruitful and multiplying. Just depends on what part of it you want to use against people, I suppose.

I doubt if any agency would allow the Duggars to adopt. They're too old and have too many children already, so God will have to drop a child in the Duggars' laps for that to happen.

Meanwhile, Michelle gets pregnant at the drop of a.....hat; if God had another plan, you'd think He would seal that path off, but apparently He hasn't.

Octoberopals
08-04-2010, 07:23 AM
The whole situation seems a bit strange to me........the older ones raising the younger ones. Having been a teacher for many years, how does one educate that many children on so many different levels?

OlieRow
08-04-2010, 02:08 PM
The whole situation seems a bit strange to me........the older ones raising the younger ones. Having been a teacher for many years, how does one educate that many children on so many different levels?

You don't?

I'm not surprised to see that they'd gladly welcome a 20th child but I think after everything they went through with Josie the tide of public opinion might change. The family has certainly gained a lot of detractors as time has gone on but I think having another child would make it worse.

sk9tingfan
08-04-2010, 03:04 PM
I think that they are tempting fate. The outcome of the last pregnancy should have come as a warning to Michelle that her childbearing years are coming to an end and that another pregnancy might put yet another child in danger.

From a health care insurance perspective, while I know that they most likely pay their health care insurance premiums, their "family rate" is a bargain. It appears that this family is extraordinarily healthy, but actuarial and underwriting tables/formulas are predicated/averaged out on the basis of a 5 person family. One could argue that those of us who routinely cross-subsidize (singles, husband and wife and smaller families) families like the Duggars could have a bone to pick.

Nothing like being altruistic.

Gil-Galad
08-04-2010, 07:57 PM
The whole situation seems a bit strange to me........the older ones raising the younger ones.
I don't know what's so strange about that. It's common in loads of cultures, it was common for centuries here and at your place across the pond.

About the medical issues - pre-eclampsia is certainly associated with higher age of the mother, and having pre-eclampsia in an earlier pregnancy will increase the risk for another bout of pre-eclampsia during the next one. But lots of woman who have pre-eclampsia during their first pregnancy will often go on to have a second or third pregnancy. I haven't heard lots of doctors tell women that just because they had pre-eclampsia, they shouldn't try for a second or third child.

WindSpirit
08-04-2010, 08:08 PM
What is the 6th season going to be called? "Life after My Uterus Fell Out"?

overedge
08-04-2010, 08:23 PM
I was struck by, when Michelle was staying near the hospital, how much the burden of taking care of the family (packing for the trip to the homeschool conference, entertaining the little ones, etc.) seemed to be falling on the older girls, while Jim Bob - a/k/a the other parent - talked on his cellphone and did standup commentary for the TV crew :rolleyes: