PDA

View Full Version : Really Fun Bridal Shower Games

Pages : [1] 2

Twilight1
08-03-2010, 02:15 AM
I am in the bridal party and everything is set to go except what we will be doing for games...lol!!

Shower is next Sunday and I went online to find some fun games and they are so boring. :lol:

Has anyone been to one and does any game really stand out for you that was a lot of fun??

The group is going to be with all our girl friends so anything goes... :smokin:

my little pony
08-03-2010, 02:16 AM
every game I was ever subjected to made me want to die

can't you just drink and eat?

mmscfdcsu
08-03-2010, 02:20 AM
every game I was ever subjected to made me want to die

can't you just drink and eat?

ITA! Those things are the worst. Almost as much fun as half assed teambuilding things at work. At least have an area where those not interested in the games can talk with each other.

Twilight1
08-03-2010, 02:22 AM
Let me just say that our group of friends will be all for the games...heck a couple friends wanted to have a karaoke party. lol!!

We just hate the old people games that make you want to curl up and die... ;)

woodstock
08-03-2010, 02:29 AM
The only party game that I found remotely funny to watch and participate was the tennis ball-golf game. You get a pair of pantyhose, put a tennis ball down one leg, tie the other leg around your waist, (you get the picture on how the ball will hang between your legs). Then you have to swing your hips (no hands) to get the pantyhose ball to knock another tennis ball on the floor into a cup laying sideways on the floor. Both challenging and slightly perverse.:D

KatieC
08-03-2010, 04:27 AM
My mum used to have one where you wrapped up a present 7 times and had a little poem to send it to numerous guests but of course it eventually ended up with the bride to be. I liked it because the poems were cute and nobody knows who brought it.

The worst was the shower from the late seventies that had everyone take their "usual" amount of toilet paper and then have to talk about how they knew the bride. While they rolled up the toilet paper! Tacky.

Gypsy
08-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Hey...I went to one and they divided people into 4 groups (one of the bridesmaids was in each group) and we had to dress the bridesmaid up in a "wedding dress" made of toilet paper and the bride judged the outcome.:scream:

Stormy
08-03-2010, 02:52 PM
The only party game that I found remotely funny to watch and participate was the tennis ball-golf game. You get a pair of pantyhose, put a tennis ball down one leg, tie the other leg around your waist, (you get the picture on how the ball will hang between your legs). Then you have to swing your hips (no hands) to get the pantyhose ball to knock another tennis ball on the floor into a cup laying sideways on the floor. Both challenging and slightly perverse.:D

My synchro team played that game at their Christmas party last year. They made me play and it was awful. I despise being subjected to games. I realize this post was less than helpful to the topic, but if you're going to do a game, try not to make it a humiliating one!

PDilemma
08-03-2010, 03:52 PM
My friends made the decision to have no games when they gave me a shower. Result--a flood of e-mails the week after that read like this:

"That was the best bridal shower I've ever been to".

KCC
08-03-2010, 05:25 PM
We did not have games at my bridal shower. Instead, we hired a rather sexy male dance instructor who taught us a few moves for the dance floor. (I was 33 years old at the time and did not want a huge affair -- so we only had about 12-15 people at the shower.) Given that none of us were particularly coordinated or musically-inclined, it was a riot. We had follow-up practices in a conference room at work and in bars before the wedding. Photos of guests dancing at our wedding were published in the city's annual bridal magazine. I still smile when I remember my family & friends learning new dance moves at my shower.

woodstock
08-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Stormy, I respectfully reply to your comment. No one put a gun to anybody's head and forced them to play the game I described. It was a bridal shower, not some sorority initiation ceremony that you feel compelled to participate or be kicked out of the group. I'm sorry your synchro team friends made you play a stupid game, you could have said no, and if they didn't respect your comfort level and your "no", then you should possibly reconsider your friends, or more simply decline invitations to party where it is known that silly party games will be played.

Twighlight1 asked for game suggestions, I provided one. Simple as that. She knows her friends best, and obviously wishes to include games. It's up to her to decide if her friends are the personality/types of people that would enjoy my suggestion or despise it and consider it humiliating. IMO, I think it's rather rude that everyone is telling her not to include games when she made it clear that her friends would enjoy games. Different strokes for different folks, she knows what she wants and simply asked for suggestions.

Bostonfan
08-03-2010, 07:21 PM
I was actually at a recent bridal shower where they had a Wii set up and had a Wii hulu hoop contest. I was cringing at first because I'm not particularly Shakira-like when it comes to hips, but it ended up being a such a blast!

Otherwise, I can't think of any stand out activities. I know this isn't a game, but one nice touch that I loved was at my SIL's bridal shower. A journal was passed around to all the guests. Each guest wrote a piece of advice, story, etc to the couple. My SIL pulled that book out 10 years later to re-read the entries and it brought back a lot of great memories.

Aceon6
08-03-2010, 10:25 PM
We brought recipes to my niece's shower. While not a game, we had folks describe the recipe they brought. We heard a number of fascinating stories about family history.

KikiSashaFan
08-03-2010, 10:50 PM
I went to a shower last year and the only game we played was more of an ice breaker since not very many of the guests knew each other. The host had bought a gift and wrapped it in about 20 layers of paper, and on each layer they was a question about the bride or couple (like where did they meet, where was she born etc) or a statement telling the person to share a memory about the bride. The first person started and could give the answer and if they were wrong they would pass it to the next person who would guess and the first person to get it right would unwrap the layer and read the next question. If it wasn't a question layer then it was basically a freebie for whoever had it at that point. Whoever answered the last question got the gift. It was low key enough for people don't want to be the center of attention, but not too boring.

numbers123
08-03-2010, 11:23 PM
I really hate playing shower games, whether they be for weddings or babies.

And so do my group of friends - so we would forgo the games and drink wine instead.

But if your friends like them - then singing kareoke would be on my list to do.