PDA

View Full Version : Oksana Domnina and Roman Kostomarov married and pregnant

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ostile17
08-02-2010, 10:50 PM
http://www.dzd.ee/?id=294772

Olympic champion in ice dancing Kostomarov and his civil wife skater Oksana Domnina, world champion in 2009 and 2010 European champion, will soon become parents.

Last year Kostomarov said that he would marry Domnina if she would give him a child, wrote the Express newspaper. Domnina ended her career after a bad performance at the Olympics in Vancouver.

Congratulations to them on their wedding and the arrival of a new baby.
Wishing them a long, healthy and happy life together.

oleada
08-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Congrats to them!

caseyedwards
08-02-2010, 10:54 PM
I reject the notion that they were bad in Vancouver! Totally reject it. Tabloidy writing. Would she be Oksana Kostomarova?

MikiAndoFan#1
08-02-2010, 11:37 PM
How nice! I wish them the best!

genevieve
08-03-2010, 12:08 AM
Somehow I missed that Domnina retired...I'm assuming Shabalin did too?

ps congrats to her :)

overedge
08-03-2010, 01:07 AM
I reject the notion that they were bad in Vancouver! Totally reject it. Tabloidy writing.

When they apparently had expectations of winning gold, going in as the current world champions, I imagine that ending up in third place would be a "bad performance" by some standards.

Asli
08-03-2010, 01:10 AM
Kostomarov said he would marry Domnina if she would give him a child? :eek:

Who says romance is dead? :shuffle:

Congratulations to them!

Cherub721
08-03-2010, 01:16 AM
My thoughts exactly, Asli. Blech. Let's hope they had a private ceremony because we know he had a thing about bridesmaids...

Sorry to be negative... love her, can't stand him, even if that's irrational. I do hope he's matured and they make it work... they've been together several years now, so that's positive. Can't wait til she's ready to get back on ice with Maxim/Roman/new partner/celebrity show/soloist... whatever. :D Best wishes to both! :cheer2:

Jenya
08-03-2010, 01:18 AM
Somehow I missed that Domnina retired...I'm assuming Shabalin did too?

ps congrats to her :)

I don't think they ever officially announced their retirement. As far as I know, they said they would not compete this next season in order to allow Shabalin's knees to heal and then decide about their future.

barbk
08-03-2010, 01:22 AM
My thoughts exactly, Asli. Blech. Let's hope they had a private ceremony because we know he had a thing about bridesmaids...

Sorry to be negative... love her, can't stand him, even if that's irrational. I do hope he's matured and they make it work... they've been together several years now, so that's positive. Can't wait til she's ready to get back on ice with Maxim/Roman/new partner/celebrity show/soloist... whatever. :D Best wishes to both! :cheer2:

I was hoping the "if she would give him a child" was some kind of colloquial usage that just didn't translate well. Somehow I'm having trouble thinking of her as a broodmare.

silverstars
08-03-2010, 01:22 AM
Kostomarov said he would marry Domnina if she would give him a child? :eek:

Who says romance is dead? :shuffle:

My thoughts exactly! I kind of hope that there was something lost in translation there....

Best of luck to the couple!

Cherub721
08-03-2010, 01:25 AM
I was hoping the "if she would give him a child" was some kind of colloquial usage that just didn't translate well. Somehow I'm having trouble thinking of her as a broodmare.

I hope the same, but his reputation doesn't give me confidence... :shuffle:

Jenya
08-03-2010, 01:27 AM
My thoughts exactly! I kind of hope that there was something lost in translation there....

I would translate it the same - last year, Kostomarov said that he would marry Domnina if she would give him a child, wrote "Express-Gazeta."

Let's hope that he was misquoted or it was taken out of context. :shuffle:

vivika1982
08-03-2010, 02:30 AM
Thank you ostile17 :)

Let's hope that he was misquoted or it was taken out of context. :shuffle:

I wish this is the truth or at least prefer to believe that Kostomarov is not a neanderthal . Anyway we can't expect to much from an article posted in "Gossips" but to write that D/S placement at OG was unsuccesful is plain stupid .
Here is similar material ,where the info about the pregnancy and possible wedding was pretty much copy-pasted and mentioned Kostomarov,s participation in "Dance on Ice" .

http://www.dni.ru/showbiz/2010/8/2/196416.html

MacMadame
08-03-2010, 02:54 AM
A lot of people think it's not important to get married until you start having children. Maybe that's what he meant.