PDA

View Full Version : News clip: Woman wakes up to find intruder in her bed

Pages : [1] 2

Fan123
08-02-2010, 02:53 AM
Hey folks:

So what do you make of these two videos of the woman, her brother, and the news reporter & anchor? I have my own opinion on each, but would like to hear yours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua-OqYZC1DA&feature=related

2nd news clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOroFwRo26U&feature=related

Japanfan
08-02-2010, 07:24 AM
What's your opinion? Do you not believe the story because the victim and her brother were talking directly to the offender on TV, or something like that?

The victim's ghetto housing unity is certainly a sad slice of life and her brother is downright scary - but that doesn't make the offense any less egregious. At this point I assume the story is true.

Fan123
08-02-2010, 01:32 PM
What's your opinion? Do you not believe the story because the victim and her brother were talking directly to the offender on TV, or something like that?

The victim's ghetto housing unity is certainly a sad slice of life and her brother is downright scary - but that doesn't make the offense any less egregious. At this point I assume the story is true.

No doubt the offense did occur, but I blame the editing to make the woman and particularly the brother to look like fools. The part about the need to hide your wife, kid, and HUSBAND is way too funny.

brina
08-02-2010, 03:10 PM
The auto-tuned version of this is too funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMtZfW2z9dw

El Rey
08-02-2010, 03:19 PM
No doubt the offense did occur, but I blame the editing to make the woman and particularly the brother to look like fools. The part about the need to hide your wife, kid, and HUSBAND is way too funny.

I don't think editing really had anything to do with it. The brother, at least, seemed to be really aware that he was in front of the camera and was ready to put on a show. Which for my amusement, I thank him for that.

MikiAndoFan#1
08-02-2010, 03:53 PM

This is a serious situation, but this is just so funny!

:lol:

michiruwater
08-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Oh my God, that's actually catchy :rofl: Well done, video makers.

Satellitegirl
08-02-2010, 04:03 PM
lol I posted the auto-tuned on my facebook the other day....several have reposted it already. this is definitely the biggest viral video in a while.

orbitz
08-02-2010, 04:19 PM
I blame the editing to make the woman and particularly the brother to look like fools.

The editor didn't have to do anything. He didn't dice and splice the brother's spoken words. That's like blaming the editor for making Gibson or Baldwin look bad.

genevieve
08-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Oh my God, that's actually catchy :rofl: Well done, video makers.

There are a ton of Auto-Tune The News videos - they are awesome.

My sister sent me the original news clip last week, and it made me uncomfortable, like they were just letting this guy go batshit crazy on camera, but I appreciate the follow-up the news station did, where they say the family really wanted to do the story that way, and they show the brother (much calmer) kind of laughing at his new-found fame but reminding that something terrible almost happened to his sister.

Fan123
08-02-2010, 05:40 PM

Wow, even more funny than the two original news clips!

The editor didn't have to do anything. He didn't dice and splice the brother's spoken words. That's like blaming the editor for making Gibson or Baldwin look bad.
Not to take out the guilty pleasure of the news clips, they were obvious edited, lol. The questions from the interviewer seemed to be edited out.

My sister sent me the original news clip last week, and it made me uncomfortable, like they were just letting this guy go batshit crazy on camera, but I appreciate the follow-up the news station did, where they say the family really wanted to do the story that way, and they show the brother (much calmer) kind of laughing at his new-found fame but reminding that something terrible almost happened to his sister.
Do you have the follow-up clips by the news station? Glad to know the woman and her brother are taking things lightly about their fame. The brother sure looks like Chris Rock!:lol:

PeterG
08-02-2010, 05:47 PM
... way too funny.

...this is too funny.

Which for my amusement, I thank him for that.

...but this is just so funny!

:lol:

When is attempted rape anything BUT one heck of a knee-slapper??!!

:rolleyes:

Don't y'all agree that it's so much funnier when it's silly black people being all...silly and...black???

:rolleyes:

Sorry, but the classist and racist undertones at play here disgust me.

taf2002
08-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Did no one else catch that she (the victim) made some remark like she wasn't attacked just because she's pretty? OhhhhKayyy

genevieve
08-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Do you have the follow-up clips by the news station? Glad to know the woman and her brother are taking things lightly about their fame.
Sorry, I assumed the 2nd clip was the follow-up (I'm at work and can't watch videos). I'll try to find it when I get home if no one else posts it.

Peter - that's why I felt uncomfortable about it too. The follow up I'll try to find, the newscaster ends the segment saying that the station has gotten a lot of mail asking why they would let someone go on air like that, and that Antoine Dodson is making the community look bad etc...but she then reminds folks that the Dodson family was victimized here, and it would be worse to censor them (worse than letting them go on the air like they did, not worse than the attempted rape).

ETA: The original clip also reminded me of a skit I saw on In Living Color in 1990. The skit ws about a crime scene (mugging?) and a camera crew looking for witnesses to speak on air. All of the witnesses were black, and one by one they said something about their background, what they saw, etc. Most of them were professionally dressed, got a good view of what happened, were articulate about the crime...and the one guy who got put on the air was a total spaz who just wagged his fingers in the camera, gave shout outs to his pals and was a general doof.

uyeahu
08-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Here's the follow-up video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4qXIRaafAU

This is my town and Antoine is really not that out of the ordinary. I don't feel bad laughing at the original interview because he's funny, and not in a condescending "oh look at that ghetto black boy" way at all. He's a character and he's funny. I bet he's a great story teller. So, yes, the circumstances leading to the interview are frightening and I feel horrible for his sister, but I don't feel guilty for laughing when he says "he's climbing in yo windows, snatching yo people up. They raping everybody out here." because it's funny. I hope all these people selling t-shirts and shit send the family a little money though. They look like they could use it.