PDA

View Full Version : MY PERESTROIKA- Trailer

bardtoob
08-01-2010, 10:28 PM
The opening of "My Perestroika," a documentary directed by Robin Hessman. World Premiere, Sundance 2010.

MY PERESTROIKA follows five ordinary Russians living in extraordinary times — from their sheltered Soviet childhood, to the collapse of the Soviet Union during their teenage years, to the constantly shifting political landscape of post-Soviet Russia. Together, these childhood classmates paint a complex picture of the dreams and disillusionments of those raised behind the Iron Curtain.

I'm sure the Russians on this board will have a lot to say about this. I actually lifted the link from a Russian college classmate's Facebook post.

The only reason I thought of posting this on FSU is that at 1:08 into the clip a girl is doing a COMPULSORY FIGURE, which, along with the pageantry, really highlighted that these images were from a different era.

MY PERESTROIKA- Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpFDnZ5Hw34&NR=1)

Stefanie
08-02-2010, 12:12 AM
I hope this movie comes to my city at some point. I hate when these types of movies are not shown all over. It looks really interesting.

acraven
08-02-2010, 01:36 AM
I hope this movie comes to my city at some point. I hate when these types of movies are not shown all over. It looks really interesting.

Sundance isn't part of my cable TV package, but some Sundance movies show up in the "Free Movies" offerings on Comcast. I try to check that list at least once a week for interesting options. That's how I got to see the Johnny Weir documentary and reality series.