PDA

View Full Version : Tara May be Returning to the Ice

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Iceman
07-30-2010, 09:23 PM
TARA: Right now I am still trying out for acting and maybe even going back to the ice professionally soon.

http://worldskating.blogspot.com/2010/07/tara-lipinski-never-give-up-on-your.html

The Fly On The Wall
07-30-2010, 09:40 PM
Is there any "professional" skating left to go to???:confused:

DickButtonFan
07-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Be nice to see her skate again!!

Debbie S
07-30-2010, 09:50 PM
Is there any "professional" skating left to go to???:confused:Not much.

I got a kick out of this:

VLAD: I think you donít have a lot of free time. But how do you prefer to spend your day off?What exactly is she doing these days? Hard to see how she wouldn't have a lot of free time. :shuffle: :lol:

museksk8r
07-30-2010, 09:53 PM
What exactly is she doing these days? Hard to see how she wouldn't have a lot of free time. :shuffle: :lol:

How would you know the amount of free time she has if you don't know what she is doing these days. ;)

Debbie S
07-30-2010, 10:00 PM
How would you know the amount of free time she has if you don't know what she is doing these days. ;)Well, she said she was "trying out" for acting (as in not actual jobs yet) and is thinking about going back to the ice (meaning she hasn't yet), and she didn't mention anything else, so.... ;)

Maybe I should have phrased it as what is she doing so that she doesn't have free time....

It's kind of sad, actually. From all of her interviews, she always talked about wanting to be a skater, skate professionally, etc, and then SOI was a bust due to her hip problems, and since then, she's sort of slipped into oblivion. Someone as ambitious and goal-oriented as her could have done a lot of things (like go to college and get a degree for when you can't skate anymore).

museksk8r
07-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Someone as ambitious and goal-oriented as her could have done a lot of things (like go to college and get a degree for when you can't skate anymore).

I definitely agree! She certainly seems to be a private person. Maybe she is spending her time doing something constructive/productive and wants to keep that to herself away from the public, as her "me" time. Who knows? Not every public person chooses to state every detail of his/her life as an open book for the entire world to know. :slinkaway

kwanfan1818
07-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Maybe she wants to skate with YuNa Kim. (Sorry, I didn't help myself resist.)

I can't imagine that she'd have the pull for her own show. With whom is she tight in the show world? Her colleagues are from quite a while ago in skating terms.

Carolla5501
07-30-2010, 10:47 PM
I am sorry but the "acting career' is getting old. Kind of like a friend of mine whose 50... ask him what he does "I am an actor" ask the rest of us "he's a waiter" :) His "acting" gigs are only slightly less the Tara's :)

Maybe since she and Weir became such good friends during World's they could do a show...

MikiAndoFan#1
07-30-2010, 11:02 PM
I thought she was making a comeback for Sochi!

:eek:

overedge
07-30-2010, 11:08 PM
I can't imagine that she'd have the pull for her own show. With whom is she tight in the show world? Her colleagues are from quite a while ago in skating terms.

And IIRC she POed a lot of the Stars on Ice crowd (like when she was threatening to write a tell-all book about what "really" happened on those tours). And those are the people that seem to be involved in most of the pro skating ventures these days.

museksk8r
07-30-2010, 11:13 PM
And IIRC she POed a lot of the Stars on Ice crowd (like when she was threatening to write a tell-all book about what "really" happened on those tours). And those are the people that seem to be involved in most of the pro skating ventures these days.

Gee, that's been water under the bridge for what, 10-11 years now. If these adults hold grudges that long, maybe they all need to go back to pre-school. I hope, for Tara's sake, that she has done a lot of maturing since she made those remarks.

overedge
07-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Gee, that's been water under the bridge for what, 10-11 years now. If these adults hold grudges that long, maybe they all need to go back to pre-school.

Maybe they do, but skating tends to be a small world with a long memory....

dots
07-30-2010, 11:27 PM
http://worldskating.blogspot.com/2010/07/tara-lipinski-never-give-up-on-your.html

OMG TARA !!! :encore::encore:

What fantastic set of news. I really hope we get to see Tara on the ice again :cheer2: Her PRO career was cut short and hopefully her body has healed enough to be a ble to skate on some shows here and there.

As for the acting... most people who try acting won't succeed, but if that's what makes her happy by all means keep trying. My neighbor has audition for roles for more than twenty years, and he finally got a lead on an independent film. I say good for him :D

dots
07-30-2010, 11:38 PM
but skating tends to be a small world with a long memory....

That is a myth at best... you only have to look around to notice how often coaches, judges, promoters, or even skater themselves are able to be errr forgiven for their indiscretions.