PDA

View Full Version : Kimmie Meissner on skating & faith

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

chipso1
08-02-2010, 02:03 AM
(It sure would be nice if all the non-Kimmie discussion could move to another more relevant thread...)

nm

Well, it was a nice try, Sylvia. ;)

Not that this is indicative of Kimmie skating in 2010/11 or not, but her IceNetwork bio hasn't been updated with music choices since last season:

SP Music: "Un ange passe" by Alain Lefevre
FS Music: "Siciliana" from Ottorino Respighi's Suite No. 3 and music from Romeo and Juliet performed by various orchestras

However, she is still one of the 28 ladies listed in the USFS International Selection Pool, so it's still likely that she could compete this season. :) I'm still hoping she wants to give it one more try!

RD
08-02-2010, 02:38 AM
It's not Zhang or Czisny who Gao will have to beat for the US title you're telling us she'll win. She'll face Nagasu, Wagner , Flatt & Zawadzki, who have all beat her rather easily in the past.

Look, she's a very talented young skater at this point. She might as well medal or even win at US nationals at this point, who knows? Like any other skater, she has strength and flaws. But saying that she'll win US Nationals and make the World team is really putting the cart before the horse at this point in time.

Agreed (not sure about this Zawadzki though, she's another one I keep hearing about. I'd have her with Gao as two really heavily-hyped skaters who probably won't be much of a factor this season). The skaters to beat in the US now, IMHO, are Nagasu, Flatt and Wagner. We know that Zhang and Czisny can challenge them on good days. But Gao last year couldn't even push Cohen off the podium after the latter all but threw the FS. It wasn't even close. I think she (Gao) was almost 20 pts behind! So to expect her to suddenly be able to challenge Nagasu, Flatt and Wagner seems a bit like jumping the gun here. JMO. And sorry for the digression...back to Meissner I guess.

Speaking of Meissner, no indication of whether she is training or not. I imagine she is still skating but I don't know if she is serious about trying to re-qualify for Nationals. I dunno what her motivation would be, really, as a past winner of both the National and World championship.

chipso1
08-02-2010, 02:53 AM
Look what I found! The 2010-11 U.S. Senior Ladies thread! (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73496)
;)

oleada
08-02-2010, 02:58 AM
Yeah, back to Kimmie - which regions would she be competing out of, if she does go through Regionals/Sectionals?

chipso1
08-02-2010, 03:02 AM
Yeah, back to Kimmie - which regions would she be competing out of, if she does go through Regionals/Sectionals?

South Atlantic for Regionals (same region as Bulanhagui).

oleada
08-02-2010, 03:03 AM
South Atlantic for Regionals.

Thanks. Which other skaters will likely be competing out of that region?

chipso1
08-02-2010, 03:10 AM
Thanks. Which other skaters will likely be competing out of that region?

Aside from Bulanhagui and Meissner, Rebecca Stern and Jamie Kim are the "big names" (both were top 4 last year). South Atlantics is Kristine Musademba's region, too, but she will likely get a bye through to Sectionals due to competing at Cup of China.

oleada
08-02-2010, 03:11 AM
Ah, thanks. No idea what level Kimmie is at right now, obviously, but if she does compete (big if) she could potentially make it out that region with relatively little difficulty.

Jenna
08-02-2010, 03:16 AM
I don't think Kimmie would have trouble getting out of regionals. Sectionals would be the issue certainly. With Cesario, Forte, Musademba, Bulanhagui, Maxwell (if she still competes), Firth (if she still competes), Siraj, Wyckoff, Zhang, etc., Kimmie would be hard pressed to make it to Nationals. In fact, the Eastern section is so packed, I think we might see some pretty big names not make it to Nats. this year, unfortunately. Hopefully some of the girls will have GP and JGP assignments to free it up a little bit. Imagine if Kristiene Gong hadn't moved her training base to CA! :eek:

chipso1
08-02-2010, 03:24 AM
I don't believe Maxwell or Firth are competing this season (I think Taylor was trying out for pairs), but yes, Easterns is very stacked! It all depends on if any of the age-eligible girls make the JGPF. If Musademba picks up another GP assignment, she is likely to be given a bye straight to Nationals, which would free up another Easterns slot.

pinky166
08-02-2010, 03:58 AM
I don't think Kimmie would have trouble getting out of regionals. Sectionals would be the issue certainly. With Cesario, Forte, Musademba, Bulanhagui, Maxwell (if she still competes), Firth (if she still competes), Siraj, Wyckoff, Zhang, etc., Kimmie would be hard pressed to make it to Nationals. In fact, the Eastern section is so packed, I think we might see some pretty big names not make it to Nats. this year, unfortunately. Hopefully some of the girls will have GP and JGP assignments to free it up a little bit. Imagine if Kristiene Gong hadn't moved her training base to CA! :eek:

Cesario and Siraj have both been assigned to JGP. I think both girls have a decent shot of getting a 2nd assignment and qualifying for the JGPF, in which case they wouldn't compete at sectionals and Kimmie's chances would be improved.

Jenna
08-02-2010, 04:11 AM
Has Cesario been assigned for sure? It's likely for certain, but is there anything in writing?

TalentedButHumble
08-02-2010, 08:23 PM
:rolleyes: at some comments here - even a token swipe at Sarah H. :lol:

And I can't believe people who downplay Christina Gao are even talking about the same person I saw at Skate Detroit. I'm not in the K & C forums so I didn't get a chance to rave about her at the time. But I watched her practice and saw her LP and she Blew Me Away. The YouTube vid did not do her justice, but the judges there saw what I saw.

If she stays healthy she is going to be a very big factor in the very near future. Take it to the bank.

Sylvia
08-02-2010, 08:32 PM
FYI, the off-topic part of this discussion has been moved to the general U.S. Ladies thread in the Trash Can (I've replied to Jenna's question about Cesario there as well): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73496&page=5

Jaana
08-03-2010, 08:38 AM
I have always got the impression that Meissner is a very nice person, perhaps even too nice? She lacks in the department of mental toughness, in my opinion. Maybe it is also time for her to forget "Kimmie" and start to compete under her real name, maybe that would help at least a liiittle bit?