PDA

View Full Version : Sew What's Up? Project Runway Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Nomad
08-16-2010, 04:04 PM
... I also think it was foolish for her to have listened to Gretchen. Did she think Gretchen was helping her?

Agreed. It's season 8, the contestants should know by now that "boring" is a cardinal sin with those crack-smoking judges. AJ's dress was hideous, everyone but Betsy J hated it, but he still squeaked through.

viennese
08-16-2010, 06:58 PM
Has Grrrrrrretchen announced yet that she's

Not Here To Make Friends?

Until she does, she hasn't truly claimed the crown of hated beyotchery.

cruisin
08-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Has Grrrrrrretchen announced yet that she's

Not Here To Make Friends?

Until she does, she hasn't truly claimed the crown of hated beyotchery.

Does she have to actually say it? Or can she imply it through her actions?

I don't understand why any of the designers would listen to her advice. She clearly has her own interests at heart, which is fine. But she seems like she would think nothing of sabotaging another designer with bad advice (like she just did). These designers have to have watched the show before and have to have some life experience. There are people who help, because they are good people. And there are people who "help" because they are trying to derail you. These designers need to learn the difference.

LadyGray
08-16-2010, 10:22 PM
In one of Tim Gun's v-blog posts on FB, he says that the 1 1/2 hour format this year really allows for a better fleshing-out of character over the course of the show. He seems to be hinting that people who are getting the b*tch edit now are going to have a chance to redeem themselves (almost by accident because the producers have to fill in the extra time :lol: and :rolleyes: He admits that in the past people have gotten unfairly edited for the sake of drama-- which we all knew already).

meggonzo
08-20-2010, 03:01 AM
How was Peach not in the bottom??

PDilemma
08-20-2010, 03:01 AM
How was Peach not in the bottom??

Or Casanova's boring black dress??

Matryeshka
08-20-2010, 03:09 AM
Casanova's boring black dress was beautifully made. I can't believe Gretchen wasn't in the bottom, but it's probably good she wasn't, as she would have won.

I can't believe Chris is in the bottom--his outfit is my absolute favorite. How is Michael not in the bottom? I see that hat and that dress and think Bride of Rock Lobster.

PrincessLeppard
08-20-2010, 03:14 AM
Chris' outfit is my favorite. :fragile:

PDilemma
08-20-2010, 03:15 AM
I can't believe they hate Christopher's. Crack-smoking indeed.

I'm a bit shocked that diapers didn't come up when they critiqued April.

meggonzo
08-20-2010, 03:32 AM
I'm even more shocked that Chris' outfit was in the bottom... that was worse than Peach's dress how? That little ruffle was way more 80s than Casanova's dress. I'm fine with Kristin going though, I thought she should have been in the bottom last week too.

Rob
08-20-2010, 03:42 PM
I liked Chris's best - seems like the designers did too.

danceronice
08-20-2010, 03:56 PM
I actually liked AJ and Andy's, Peach's wasn't worth being the bottom which is why it wasn't (she sews well and it was reflective of the hat, which was the idea)--I think the auf was sorta fair in that it did look more or less like crap, but how was Casanova not in the bottom? Christopher instead? I wasn't AS enamored of his (I agree with the critique that it was heavy) but it CERTAINLY showed more thought than some. And Valerie in the top? Yes, it was more or less cute in pieces (the dress has been done, the bolero didn't match, the zip in back was weirdly random) but huh? There were better dresses that didn't look nearly as Misses' section at Sears nor as totally disconnected from the hat.

skatesindreams
08-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Casanova survives because of the "drama" he provides.
I'm sure that the producers have some input about that.

cruisin
08-20-2010, 04:43 PM
First, may I say, I hated most of the hats. Some of them looked like they should have been on Dr. Seuss characters. The one Heidi was wearing looked ridiculous.

That said, I think most of the designers should have gone for very simple, sleek, structural outfits, to not distract from the hats. Wasn't the assignment to present the hat and blend?

I thought Casanova did that. I liked his dress, it fit beautifully and was elegant, and it did not take away from or fight the head monstrosity.

I thought Andy's worked perfectly with the hat he got. I would have toned down the pink and the shiny, but the style of the suit and hat were spot on.

I really liked Christopher's top. However the leggings and skirt (?) were wrong. Not only were they shiny, but the color was off. I feel that color should either be the same hue or a completely different color. When they are a bit off, it just looks like you tried and failed.

Gretchen, geez, it looked like some sort of weird Robinhood outfit. However, It blended perfectly with the hat and she did create a total look.

I liked Ivy's design, didn't like the colors. Didn't think the colors worked with each other or the hat.

Michael's dress. I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it. I didn't get all of the fuss over him using a shimmery fabric to match the shimmer in the hat. It was predictable, not brilliant. And I thought the dress was too pouffy for the rigid structure of the hat.

The other Michael. I thought his hat looked like a giant fortune cookie :lol: - hideous! I sort of liked the top and the skirt as pieces, but not together. and not with the hat.

I thought Mondo's was really cool. I don't know why he put a mustache on the model, it just looked odd. and no one got it.

I thought Peach got the best hat. Very dramatic, very editorial. She could have done something fabulous with that. But she mad a dress that looked like "ladies who lunch". She blew it.

I liked Valerie's design. But, I would not have done the bolero in white. The black mask and red dress with the mini zipper were dramatic and mysterious. The white kind of ruined the mood, it should have been black or maybe a dark denim.

April's jacket was good, and I think her idea was good, the shorts just didn't work out. They should not have been white, they should have been a bit longer, and they should have fit better. I sort of liked the layer idea on the shorts, and it would have worked better on a longer pair.

Kristin was a mess. the dress looked like she threw fabric on her model and just pulled and snipped. I almost got the feeling she threw the competition away because she wanted to go home.

I don't know who I'd have given the win, but it would not have been Michael. Maybe Andy, because I thought he captured the feel of the hat and created a very together look.

PDilemma
08-20-2010, 04:59 PM
I think Kristin just doesn't have good construction skills. She had ideas that were not horrid--not great or exceedingly original--but she could not construct them. Not to say that the black dress went with the orchid at all. But I think her bad construction was the difference between her being out rather than April.

And they don't go home. They keep them in NYC until the filming is over. Tim specifically mentioned this in his vlog after the first episode because he liked that the producers made an exception for the first designer eliminated because she has a young child.