PDA

View Full Version : Sew What's Up? Project Runway Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

reckless
08-13-2010, 03:25 AM
Did every decent model in New York City boycott this show? I'm watching the runway right now and it seems like none of these models has a decent walk.

uyeahu
08-13-2010, 03:37 AM
I didn't get the judges love for Gretchen either. At best it was safe, but I had her potentially making bottom three. Those boots were a total WTF. I'd have had Mondo or the guy who did the red dress in the top three over that mess.

reckless
08-13-2010, 03:39 AM
Gretchen in the top? Are you effing kidding me? That was a hot mess. I thought when they called her that she would be in the bottom and the editing was designed to make it a "shocking elimination." (I will admit that her jacket was cool, but the rest was awful and none of it went together.)

I really liked Andy's, Valerie's and Michael C's. I liked Ivy's in concept, but thought it looked like a maternity dress on the model.

I also thought that Peach had a nice comeback this week, but was concerned they might nail her for being too "tween."

meggonzo
08-13-2010, 03:47 AM
Michael C should have been in the top! I liked April's more than Gretchen's too. That fringe skirt was gross.

hydro
08-13-2010, 04:07 AM
Did every decent model in New York City boycott this show? I'm watching the runway right now and it seems like none of these models has a decent walk.

I know! I'm not understanding how these models were picked. None of them can walk worth a damn.

PrincessLeppard
08-13-2010, 04:18 AM
How can Heidi critique anyone when those pleated pants she had on gave her a front butt? Seriously.

Why was the red gown not top three?

And why is Casanova still going to be polluting my teevee next week?

DickButtonFan
08-13-2010, 04:35 AM
Thought Tim said on his vlog there wouldn't be any more abulances. Hope ivy is ok, I don't like it when they use someone's health as a suspense type of thing.

Thought the red dress would be at the top too or mondo. Ivy's dress seemed way too huge for her to be safe.

Loved the napkin dress, wished I owned won. Thought it should have won.

Fav part of the episode: when gretchen told everyone to clean up their tables this time, then the camera man appropriatley goes to the beatch crown.

danceronice
08-13-2010, 02:27 PM

Seriously. They could use the rejects from ANTM and get better walks, unless the outfits so far have been THAT bad. Last night a couple did look like they were afraid if they moved more than baby steps the dress would fall apart. But yeah, I can stomp a catwalk better than that.

And seriously, Gretchen, SHUT UP. YOUR MOUTH, STOP IT FROM MOVING. Her design I didn't think was that bad until she put the boots on (a knee-length skirt with knee-lenght boots? WTF?) but she obviously has let the two wins go straight to her head. Michael C. should have been in the top three over her. Actually several other people should have been.

While I don't DISagree with their choice for elimination, I have to admit I'm surprised Ivy wasn't bottom three. It wasn't BAD, but the color wasn't great and her model was completely drowning in it.

skatesindreams
08-13-2010, 03:17 PM
I'm surprised Casanova survived.
Andy's design was very good. However, he wouldn't have had a completed dress to show, without the help of the others. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

There were many interesting concepts shown.

zaphyre14
08-13-2010, 05:41 PM
I kept expecting Gretchen to go ballistic and accuse Andy of getting help because, you know, it just isn't fair that the others helped him and I did all of my work myself! :violin::barrel:

I was actually a little disappointed that she didn't. :watch:

skatesindreams
08-13-2010, 06:19 PM
What is impressive about Gretchen, is that whether you like her approach, or not; her designs are finished, and runway/editorial ready.
She knows what she can complete in the (often short) time alloted, as well.

Rob
08-13-2010, 06:53 PM
I had no power so I have to wait for my DVR to record one of the many reruns. But for the Rate the Runway shots, please tell me Sarah or Kristen went home. UGH. I'd have Casanova complete the bottom 3, but I already read above that he is staying.

uyeahu
08-13-2010, 07:52 PM
Andy's design was very good. However, he wouldn't have had a completed dress to show, without the help of the others. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

My feeling is that part of being a great designer, or artist or corporate executive even, is inspiring others to want to help you. So in a way Andy just proved that he had what it takes to be great. If the others felt compelled to help him, well good for him and for them.

cruisin
08-13-2010, 09:47 PM
I kept expecting Gretchen to go ballistic and accuse Andy of getting help because, you know, it just isn't fair that the others helped him and I did all of my work myself! :violin::barrel:

I was actually a little disappointed that she didn't. :watch:

I expected it too. Still waiting :D.
I think Gretchen is very good, and may very well win. but she has let the wins go to her head and that is so off putting.

My feeling is that part of being a great designer, or artist or corporate executive even, is inspiring others to want to help you. So in a way Andy just proved that he had what it takes to be great. If the others felt compelled to help him, well good for him and for them.

I agree. Working as a team in creative fields is great. Unfortunately, people in creative fields also tend to be the most neurotic and paranoid :lol:

LadyGray
08-14-2010, 03:51 AM

I've seen plenty of episodes where designers are either helping each other to finish or the designers are being helped by their respective models. Andy isn't the first to receive assistance from other people to make it to the runway.