PDA

View Full Version : Sew What's Up? Project Runway Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68

PDilemma
10-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Romani?

Roma--commonly called gypsy.

He told an interviewer at afterelton.com that he came from a culture that practices arranged marriage and was married at 18, and that his ex-wife is in a closed group and has their daughter with her, and that the children's grandmother keeps him apprised of their whereabouts.

He also referenced a sister named Peaches. A Peaches Costello appears in several videos of young people identifying as "gypsies" on youtube.

It would also explain his fears of parents expecting him to move home and marry a woman again. In our mainstream culture, that doesn't seem like a realistic fear for a person his age who is clearly independent--but in Roma culture it would not be a farfetched expectation.

I think it could also explain his negative responses to not immediately fitting in and his hesitancy to get close to the others.

And if it explains Ivy et al accusing him of duplicity and cheating, that is very sad.

LordCirque
10-22-2010, 06:51 PM
Beefcake:

:rofl: Worst case of melodramatic bad acting I've seen in a long time. I'm floored that folks on this generally suspicious board are falling for this! I was embarrassed for all parties, including me, while watching Michael C's "breakdown". All those "hysterics" but neither a tear nor puffy eye from the guy ... nor (for me) a believable moment from MC from the time he left the stage to the end of the episode.

Felt for the guy on the stage, it seemed real. But between the stage and the waiting room, Michael decided to lay it on thick and heavy. "Here is my chance to 'make a MOMENT' that will last forever in television history!". :shuffle: Well, you may have done that, MC, but for the wrong reasons. Can't wait to see The Soup's take on this.

I am definitely remembering that post-boot quote by Peach that Michael C was quite forthcoming about his intention to create a character and push for his own reality series.

ITA! I was cringing at how melodramatic he was. I have no doubt he was truly upset, but there's no doubt in my mind that he took those feelings and turn the emotion wattage up severely for the sake of the cameras. My eyelids were actually sore from all of the :rolleyes: I was doing.

Okay, I feel less like an evil souless person not not buying that now.

Jayar
10-22-2010, 07:16 PM
I thought Mondo's three creations on the runway last night were horrible... and I usually like his designs. I liked Michael C's best, and I usually hate his. WTF?

Rob
10-22-2010, 07:25 PM
I liked Mondo's polka dot dress and his 2 print outfit. Not so much the last minute look. I was a little meh over Andy's choices, but I agreed with his selection in the final 3.
Gretchen's pants and last minute look can be found quite easily at TJ Maxx or Marshalls. I can't believe they put crunchy granola through. Michael's were better, but not great or new. His evening dress moved well, but reminded me a lot of a qiana Halston knock off I had in the 70s. Same color too. Many people have done the feather skirt better --it did not look well fitted. His fringey top was the most interesting.

Beefcake
10-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Okay, I feel less like an evil souless person not not buying that now.
"less like" being the operative part. :lol: :saint:

"Less like" for me, too, as - reading above - I apparently have never felt! :P

DickButtonFan
10-22-2010, 08:11 PM
Loved how gretch said "it looks like we're all pretty much even" lol gretch.. you wish :D

dbell1
10-22-2010, 08:40 PM
I have no doubt that all were at the breaking point emotionally by the end. I'm just still a bit :huh: at the whole tissue box thing and all. I felt Michael's emotion on the runway and totally teared up at it, but the hysteria in the room was so off to me. :shuffle:

Once again, Lifetime's previews for next week showed who was going home this week. :wall: We saw Mondo and Andy backstage with Tim. Once they declared Granola Girl Gretchen safe, it was obvious that brown MC was going home.

I now have to go look up FW photos and see if Andy's bikini walked the runway or was affed... :D

skatesindreams
10-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Perhaps, something about all of it just seemed a little contrived, even before the break down at the end.

I keep thinking back to all of the talk about everyone saying his goal was his own show and how he almost was almost trying to set up this What Happens Now kind of deal.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I've never felt anything he's said or done on this entire season has been genuine. That it's all been for show.

I could be wrong and I feel bad for saying this because, I can actually empathize with a lot of feelings of never being good enough and having people not believe in you. And to want something so badly and to lose it like that, I've had that happen. IF it was genuine. But that is what I'm wondering. It's a very big If for me.

There was a clip of Michael saying that he was going to create as much "drama" as possible; and that he didn't care what the others felt.
I don't know what to believe about his "meltdown". Was everyone - producers, contestants and viewers being "played", throughout?

Apparently, he's doing well dressing "A-Listers" already. I have difficulty feeling too "sorry" for him - even if there is some truth to his "family" issues.

Beefcake
10-22-2010, 08:54 PM
Once again, Lifetime's previews for next week showed who was going home this week. :wall: We saw Mondo and Andy backstage with Tim. Once they declared Granola Girl Gretchen safe, it was obvious that brown MC was going home.
dbell: Gretchen was also showed veryquickly, at [not Bryant Park], so the only mystery to me for the last half-hour was "will they pull a 'all four go' surprise and tell Michael he's also in?"

I now have to go look up FW photos and see if Andy's bikini walked the runway or was affed... :D
Not sure about that one, but I "do" know that Mondo didn't let ninagarcia's dislike of his polka dot ditty affect him. He walked it, and it made either "Best of Fashion Week" or "Worst of Fashion Week" ... :lol: cannot remember which. Either way, props to him for keeping his vision intact, despite the judges' divided opinion about it. I flove that dress, myself.

Speaking of ninagarcia ... she looks amazing fully pregnant! :glamor: Wears it well. And Heidi used those weeks in between to recover from her bad bangs. Thank geebus.

RockTheTassel
10-22-2010, 09:03 PM
After seeing Michael's bizarre reaction, I'm glad he was eliminated, even if his stuff was better than Gretchen's. Everything about him seems fake. And his designs remind me of a really bad version of Rami's (season four designer) stuff.

Honestly, I didn't think any of them deserved to be in the final with those designs. Why do the final four always bomb the last challenge?

And did anyone else notice when Michael was dramatically leaning against a wall after being eliminated and Gretchen got up and gave him that super awkward hug? :rofl:

nerdycool
10-22-2010, 09:09 PM
I don't have a lot of time to give my opinions on last night's show. I'll come back later. But I'd just like to say that either Gretchen is really tall, or all the guys are short. She dwarfed all of them.

Beefcake
10-22-2010, 09:10 PM
when Michael was dramatically leaning against a wall after being eliminated and Gretchen got up and gave him that super awkward hug? :rofl:
Well, in Gretchen's defense, she was aware of the dangers of a too-authentic hug: With too much friction, the lovely fabric on her Daniel Boone jumpsuit may have sparked a fire.

my little pony
10-22-2010, 09:52 PM
my friend said she read an interview on line at PRg (I dont know what that is, she didnt have the link at work) where he confirms the Roma rumors

assuming it is true, it explains a lot about him, his family and IMO makes Ivy's accusations even worse

lash
10-22-2010, 09:57 PM
my friend said she read an interview on line at PRg (I dont know what that is, she didnt have the link at work) where he confirms the Roma rumors

assuming it is true, it explains a lot about him, his family and IMO makes Ivy's accusations even worse

PRg = Project Rungay, (http://projectrungay.blogspot.com/) they link to this (http://www.afterelton.com/TV/2010/10/project-runway-michael-costello?page=0%2C0) article at After Elton.

cruisin
10-22-2010, 11:13 PM
Roma--commonly called gypsy.

Thanks, when I read Romani, all I could think of was Roma/Gypsy, but I didn't think that was what you meant. I thought Romani was some designer's brand name and it was Michael and that he hid who he was :lol:. And that was the "cheating".

I don't understand how he was duplicitous or cheating - IVY! - if he didn't discuss his heritage. I didn't think that was part of the show. If that's what her drama was about, I detest her even more!

PRg = Project Rungay, (http://projectrungay.blogspot.com/) they link to this (http://www.afterelton.com/TV/2010/10/project-runway-michael-costello?page=0%2C0) article at After Elton.

I see that he talks about being from a ""different" culture, but he never actually says Roma.

And I just wanted to ask if anyone else knows why Gretchen's "dress" had a butt sling? Is that to carry stuff in?