PDA

View Full Version : Sew What's Up? Project Runway Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68

dbell1
10-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Michael's feather duster dress was horrid. Andy's 'bikini' (underwear for juniors) was horrid. Loved Mondo's polka dot dress! He knows how to design and how to make a woman look slimmer.

I want to live in Andy's house with mom and sis. What a fun family and gorgeous location. :swoon: I can't wait to see the fabric he sourced out. Was it his design or was it just ordered? I missed that part. His final piece look was my favorite of the 4.

Gretch? Eh, she still doesn't bug me as much as before and I did like that one patterned thing she showed Tim. Sure, it's Coldwater Creek/Sears wear, but at least she's got a design idea other than 'let's do all brown, since it matches'.

Michael's breakdown was so odd to me. I felt so bad for him on the runway, he just crumbled. But, I think some of his final comments and actions were rehearsed. Taking the tissue box and giving a speech while sobbing in Tim's arms? A bit too scripted reality for me.

And speaking of Tim? Love that man. He really does make the show. He's the heart and design soul of PR. :respec:

danceronice
10-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Gretch? Eh, she still doesn't bug me as much as before and I did like that one patterned thing she showed Tim. Sure, it's Coldwater Creek/Sears wear circa 1975, but at least she's got a design idea other than 'let's do all brown, since it matches'.

Michael's breakdown was so odd to me. I felt so bad for him on the runway, he just crumbled. But, I think some of his final comments and actions were rehearsed. Taking the tissue box and giving a speech while sobbing in Tim's arms? A bit too scripted reality for me.

And speaking of Tim? Love that man. He really does make the show. He's the heart and design soul of PR. :respec:

FTFY.

If Michael's breakdown was faked, he's one of the greatest actors on TV. (Unlike Gretchen, who's smarmy and fake even when I think she truly thinks she's sincere.) If anything I wonder how many designers have fallen apart and we just weren't shown it.

Someone needs to start a facebook group of "If Tim Goes I Go" or "Tim Gunn IS Project Runway", just so producers are clear.

Matryeshka
10-22-2010, 03:53 PM
Many designers have worked all in black. I dont see how Michael's being in the same color family is such a bad thing when his competition was so underwhelming. I dare Heidi to wear any of Gretchen's three looks tonight. One was farmy, what the heck was the sort of unitard thing, and the third was very Nancy Walker as Truman Capote at the end of Murder by Death but with a diaper instead of pants.

Capitalization?!! :eek: All right, who are you, and what have you done with my little pony? Out, imposter horsie, out out!

I can totally believe Michael C.'s mom being like that, LC. I've seen that type of behavior before from parents who have kids that don't behave the way the parents think they should. Totally supportive around other people--the more people present, the more supportive they appear to be, but total wastes of humanity when there's no audience present.

cruisin
10-22-2010, 04:08 PM
I can totally believe Michael C.'s mom being like that, LC. I've seen that type of behavior before from parents who have kids that don't behave the way the parents think they should. Totally supportive around other people--the more people present, the more supportive they appear to be, but total wastes of humanity when there's no audience present.

Yes, I've seen it too. And I think his mother could very well have just wanted to be on TV.

There were times when I couldn't figure out if Michael was being totally sincere. I was torn between fake and just not being sure how to act. Like he wanted to be very professional and tried to control his expressions, but it just came across as artificial. I, now, think he was a lot more emotional through the entire season than he wanted the viewers to see, maybe that is why he didn't look natural. Maybe I want to believe that he was totally for real last night, but I did believed it. Gretchen the demon, on the other hand was such a phony. How could she even go there to try and console Michael after the horrible things she's said about him? I don't know how his skin didn't crawl when she hugged him.

I think PrincessLeppard hit the nail on the head. I think he was prepared for whatever happened. But then when Andy's and Gretchen's pieces went down the runway, he believed he had it in the bag. So did I! I was stunned when he was auffed, I can only imagine that he was devastated. And I understand how he feels about his family. They disapproved of who he was/is, they disapproved of his career, this was his chance to show them he could be something really special. He felt like he lost that. I hope he recovers and becomes very successful.

PDilemma
10-22-2010, 04:27 PM
I think the show has been about more than fashion this year. Starting with Mondo's HIV status and now with Michael. Michael's issue with his family is very clearly about his sexuality. He mentioned in the casual meal setting--clearly unrehearsed--that his parents still pressure him to marry a woman. They apparently think his sexuality can be denied or changed. And that would force him, as Tim said to him at his home, to not be who he is.

If your parents cannot accept who you are or support you as you try to develop your gifts...I can't imagine how someone lives with that. And it explains why he stood back from the others.

And maybe the producers chose to show it to us because it is a wake up call for parents and families who may be doing the same thing.

Also...Mondo had his own little "it gets better" video moment at the end of his home visit--when he said that you may not feel cool now if you draw or whatever, but you will. Go Mondo!

PDilemma
10-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Oh...and maybe when it is all over, Gretchen can be the lead designer for KMart's 70s revival line.

Or maybe Birkenstock will decide to launch a clothing line and hire her.

I wouldn't want to be buried in that crap, let alone wear it while I'm alive.

Beefcake
10-22-2010, 04:39 PM
:rofl: Worst case of melodramatic bad acting I've seen in a long time. I'm floored that folks on this generally suspicious board are falling for this! I was embarrassed for all parties, including me, while watching Michael C's "breakdown". All those "hysterics" but neither a tear nor puffy eye from the guy ... nor (for me) a believable moment from MC from the time he left the stage to the end of the episode.

Felt for the guy on the stage, it seemed real. But between the stage and the waiting room, Michael decided to lay it on thick and heavy. "Here is my chance to 'make a MOMENT' that will last forever in television history!". :shuffle: Well, you may have done that, MC, but for the wrong reasons. Can't wait to see The Soup's take on this.

I am definitely remembering that post-boot quote by Peach that Michael C was quite forthcoming about his intention to create a character and push for his own reality series. :puppet:

But, thanks, for the laughs, Michael and PR. It was like watching intentionally, deliciously bad over-acting ... i.e. for laughs. William Shatner imitating "William Shatner" doing a Mexican novella. :lol:

Aceon6
10-22-2010, 04:43 PM
I wouldn't want to be buried in that crap, let alone wear it while I'm alive.

Sad part for me is that Gretchen really thinks she has a target customer. Trouble is, those gals are too smart to plunk down $$$ for new stuff when they can do better shopping at thrift stores and in their mother's closets.

Bostonfan
10-22-2010, 05:07 PM
:rofl: Worst case of melodramatic bad acting I've seen in a long time. I'm floored that folks on this generally suspicious board are falling for this! I was embarrassed for all parties, including me, while watching Michael C's "breakdown". All those "hysterics" but neither a tear nor puffy eye from the guy ... nor (for me) a believable moment from MC from the time he left the stage to the end of the episode.

ITA! I was cringing at how melodramatic he was. I have no doubt he was truly upset, but there's no doubt in my mind that he took those feelings and turn the emotion wattage up severely for the sake of the cameras. My eyelids were actually sore from all of the :rolleyes: I was doing.

genevieve
10-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Capitalization?!! :eek: All right, who are you, and what have you done with my little pony? Out, imposter horsie, out out!

It's a Trojan Pony!!

Someone needs to start a facebook group of "If Tim Goes I Go" or "Tim Gunn IS Project Runway", just so producers are clear.
Is there a chance Tim is leaving?!? The show could go on without Heidi...but not without Tim.

PDilemma
10-22-2010, 06:12 PM
There is a lot of speculation around the internet--with some evidence-- that Michael is Romani.

That explains a lot of things.

And if any of the others knew that.....

I hate to think that's where all the bizarre accusations of duplicity and cheating came from, but it could be the case.

danceronice
10-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Is there a chance Tim is leaving?!? The show could go on without Heidi...but not without Tim.

Certainly internet rumors, and the disappearing/reappearing video blog, and Tim's obvious disagreement on many points with the judges, plus his just being much more outspoken in other forums this year. Seriously, no Tim = no PR without a radical format change.

Those who think Michael was faking--apparently, you've never actually had that kind of response yourself. That looked pretty damn real to me. (Not everyone sobs with bright red puffyface, for a start.) Gretchen, on the other hand--I have to believe she's not all there mentally, if she truly doesn't get what a massive hypocrite she is. Has she totally forgotten throwing Michael under the bus? Mondo at least has openly apologized for misjudging Michael, and Andy's had the grace to feel a bit bad about being team Dogpile there for a while, but Gretchen just seems cheerfuly oblivious to her condescending treatment of ALL the other designers, never mind how junior-high-mean-girls her public assault on Michael during the team challenge was. (Though, to everyone's credit, when Ivy came back on the Bitter Bitch train, it was pretty clear everyone thought she needed to get over it.)

PD--Rom? (Gypsy.) OMG, if that's where some of that is coming from...sheesh, I hope it's not. Get a clue and crawl into the twenty-first century, people.

cruisin
10-22-2010, 06:31 PM
There is a lot of speculation around the internet--with some evidence-- that Michael is Romani.

That explains a lot of things.

And if any of the others knew that.....

I hate to think that's where all the bizarre accusations of duplicity and cheating came from, but it could be the case.

Romani?

DarrellH
10-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Many designers have worked all in black. I dont see how Michael's being in the same color family is such a bad thing when his competition was so underwhelming.

Judging by the "Boobie" top he made, Michael worked in "clear".

ks1227
10-22-2010, 06:34 PM
Michael may be melodramatic, but going solely by the outfits they chose to show on the runway I don't understand why the judges kept Andy over Michael. So I was rather in shock as well. :shuffle: