PDA

View Full Version : Sew What's Up? Project Runway Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68

Matryeshka
10-22-2010, 03:29 AM
This is too painful to watch--you can tell this is NOT Gretechenesque trumped up "drama". This is real, and is not entertaining. This should not have been shown.

And Gretchen the Granola Gnome "comforting" him in that look at me, I'm SO CONCERNED way, is vomit inducing.

PrincessLeppard
10-22-2010, 03:31 AM
Gretchen can feck off. She got there because she makes "good" (annoying) television. Because no one is going to wear that diaper thing.

The toughest decision? Really?

They're gonna give Gretchen the win, aren't they? Arg.

cruisin
10-22-2010, 03:37 AM
I couldn't even watch the last few minutes. I am so beyond disgusted. Michael's 3 pieces were the same color way and that made it less that Gretchen's granola crap? The judges must be on drugs, drugs that cause blindness and stupidity. Are they skating judges? Gretchen's was tragic! And I wanted to vomit when she pretended to care that Michael was devastated. The show sucked this season. Even Mondo, who is clearly the winner, is not up to most of the past winners. Tragic. I don't know if I can even watch next week. The thought of that f'ing witch making it, makes me sick. I would have picked Michael over Andy too.

hydro
10-22-2010, 03:37 AM
I feel really bad for Michael C. That is some real effed up pain he's experiencing with his family.

I can't believe they picked Gretchen's Quaker Oats collection to be in the final 3. That makes no sense.

And Andy's collection looks like shiny boring Sports Illustrated-wear. He's not as creative as the show makes it seem.

PrincessLeppard
10-22-2010, 03:53 AM
I think Mondo could completely hold his own in former seasons. I think we are having selective memory about some of the crap that has made it to Fashion Week in the past. ;)

That said, Gretchen's collection may possibly rival Michael/Mychal's crap for worst. I don't that it'll be that bad, but it's going to be bad. Like Wendy Pepper bad.

hydro
10-22-2010, 03:55 AM
I think Mondo could completely hold his own in former seasons. I think we are have selective memory about some of the crap that has made it to Fashion Week in the past. ;)

That said, Gretchen's collection may possibly rival Michael/Mychal's crap for worst. I don't that it'll be that bad, but it's going to be bad. Like Wendy Pepper bad.

Yes, I agree. There have been some really awful collections and untalented designers. Irina, anyone? She had the creativity of a snail.

danceronice
10-22-2010, 04:03 AM
No, Wendy Pepper would actually kick her ass, Gretchen's is so....wandered-barefoot-off-the-commune. Except for the one Nina liked, which is "slutty Bond girl who dies in the first fifteen minutes of a Roger Moore Bond flick." Seriously. Anyone with a true A cup or more would be having a constant wardrobe malfunction.

Poor Michael. The worst part is, I cannot imagine his family is going to be SO DISAPPOINTED in him because...he failed to please what Tim rightly called the whim of the judges? I thought Gretchen came across as smug but I did think she was right, that's deeply worrying.

I hope the editing is not misleading and the tough call is between Andy and Mondo (and even that...how? Mondo is the CLEAR winner. I want that "last-minute challenge" skirt and I want it now. He's a pattern genius.)

duane
10-22-2010, 04:07 AM
I think criticism is due not just of Gretchen's outfits shown tonight. Mondo's looks were circus outfits--literally. That bathing suit and those stupid head dressings by Andy were jokes. And the feather getup by Michael C was horrendous!!

Having said that, I think it's laughable that Gretchen was picked to show her collection in fashion week, and was actually called 2nd. What she showed tonight was definitely NOT a saving grace for the crap she's been putting out this season.

And, though I've rooted for Michael C from the get-go, his reaction to getting cut was, well, quite disturbing.

PrincessLeppard
10-22-2010, 04:13 AM
I get Michael C's reaction. He might've said he was prepared to go home, but he had to have thought, having seen Gretchen's collection and maybe Andy's mis-step with the bathing suit, that he was going through. And when you think you've made it, and a pile of shit makes it instead, well, that's got to be devastating.

I also think it was wrong of PR to show it.

my little pony
10-22-2010, 04:47 AM
Many designers have worked all in black. I dont see how Michael's being in the same color family is such a bad thing when his competition was so underwhelming. I dare Heidi to wear any of Gretchen's three looks tonight. One was farmy, what the heck was the sort of unitard thing, and the third was very Nancy Walker as Truman Capote at the end of Murder by Death but with a diaper instead of pants.

DickButtonFan
10-22-2010, 07:04 AM
Andy should have been out, it was all too short and not that great. I'm not a fan of gretch but it was way better than Andy. Really can't believe Andy made it he seems too young yet there's not enough depth or sophistication in him yet.

Michael C's reaction was painfully sad, it's sad when you see someone that talented and their family can't even root for them and believe in them. Punching the wall though wasn't the right way to handle his anger I hope he's talking to someone about his family problems if they still exist.

It should have been mondo, Michael, gretch in that order. Mondo will win for sure everyone has been so far behind him for 1/2 the show. He's beyond talented.

LordCirque
10-22-2010, 07:35 AM
I have a bit of hard time believing Michael C's claims that his mother is unsupportive. She was his loved one, along with his son, during that Pattern Print Challenge.

Me thinks if she truly wasn't supportive, she wouldn't have gone on the show or visit him in the work room. I want to go back and watch the episode and listen to some of their interactions.

Amy L
10-22-2010, 07:47 AM
Michael C and his partner were saying that his parents were only even somewhat supportive of him due to the publicity from Project Runway. Perhaps his mother agreed to show up just for the chance on to be on TV.

LordCirque
10-22-2010, 08:53 AM
Perhaps, something about all of it just seemed a little contrived, even before the break down at the end.

I keep thinking back to all of the talk about everyone saying his goal was his own show and how he almost was almost trying to set up this What Happens Now kind of deal.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I've never felt anything he's said or done on this entire season has been genuine. That it's all been for show.

I could be wrong and I feel bad for saying this because, I can actually empathize with a lot of feelings of never being good enough and having people not believe in you. And to want something so badly and to lose it like that, I've had that happen. IF it was genuine. But that is what I'm wondering. It's a very big If for me.

Aceon6
10-22-2010, 01:29 PM
OK, Bunim/Murray followed the formula. The finalist group must comprise 1) a designer who makes well crafted things that most folks would never wear, 2) a designer who makes well crafted things that some us of might wear, and 3) the most polarizing contestant. I predict a 2nd place for Wretchen so that B/M can keep her on our TV screens for 5 more minutes.