PDA

View Full Version : Sew What's Up? Project Runway Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68

my little pony
10-19-2010, 03:22 PM
The judges must see something in Gretchen that most here, don't.

I think they see drama and a villain, it's a tv show before it's a competition

cruisin
10-19-2010, 04:24 PM
I think they see drama and a villain, it's a tv show before it's a competition

I think you're right. At this point, they know who the winner is. As long as they don't make it obvious and dump real talent for 0 talent, it really doesn't matter who the top 3 or 4 are.

Mondo will win

Michael makes some very commercial garments and has been treated badly by other contestants - keep him

Andy has had some really good and really bad stuff, but is up beat and liked, and has an interesting perspective - keep him (just hope he doesn't get too cartoonish with his collection)

It was between Gretchen and April to go. Personally, I think April is more talented (in spite of the all black mentality) and has more room to grow as a designer. But April does not have the drama that Gretchen has. So, since neither Gretchen or April were going to win, it really was based on entertainment.

Gretchen will go back to her pseudo-hippie aesthetic. One more reason why they may have kept Gretchen is that the Spring 2011 trends look to be very flowy, 60's style peasant looks. Palazzo pants are coming back :scream:

danceronice
10-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Michael also can do kickass construction. For all the abuse he took from the 'team', he can out-sew pretty much everyone else. So while his aesthetic isn't trendy enough to win, he isn't as out of place as Ivy the hag would have one believe.

If Mondo doesn't win, there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with the system. I think even the other designers have that figured out!

I think the bottom cut had an element of Andy-April-Gretchen, really. Mondo and Michael were clearly "in" on skills. That left them with who to cut among the other three, and while I'm sure Gretchen's Kvetching Queen factor helped her, I think it also helped that the other choice was between the 'young up and comers.' It really didn't make sense to take BOTH young designers who are still working on combining vision and execution, and since construction-wise Andy leaves April in the dust, and his designs are more showy, it makes more sense to keep him. Once they decide that, it's easier to justify keeping Gretchen over April.

StonewshMullet
10-19-2010, 05:47 PM
The two seamstress girls AKA Ivy and April are the ones that bashed his construction. They made the mistake of thinking overly constructed looks were the same thing as designing. April's looks were not really wearable while Ivy's looks were best suited to Church. The few looks that were not old lady were rips off of other designers. They were jealous because they knew what Michael designed while easier in construction was stylistically better. I don’t know many people that would wear what April designed but I know plenty that would wear Michael C.

PrincessLeppard
10-19-2010, 06:26 PM
I think you're right. At this point, they know who the winner is. As long as they don't make it obvious and dump real talent for 0 talent, it really doesn't matter who the top 3 or 4 are.

Remember Mychal Knight? I'm positive they had him set up for the win, (which is why they allowed four to show at fashion week that year--Mychal's design going into the final auf'ing was SO bad, this was the only way they could keep him, imo) and then he sent that horrific mess down the runway.

So eville villain Jeffrey won. :EVILLE:

I haven't looked at the final collections, but I haven't heard that anyone sent down anything approaching the hideousness of Mychal's.

Beefcake
10-19-2010, 09:06 PM
Remember Mychal Knight? I'm positive they had him set up for the win, (which is why they allowed four to show at fashion week that year--Mychal's design going into the final auf'ing was SO bad, this was the only way they could keep him, imo) and then he sent that horrific mess down the runway.

So eville villain Jeffrey won. :EVILLE:
Yay, eville villain Jeffrey! Clearly one of the best final collections in the series ... to wit, I'd say that Uli, the Red Queen, and he were the best F3 insofar as collective finale collections.

I haven't looked at the final collections, but I haven't heard that anyone sent down anything approaching the hideousness of Mychal's.
No, rest assured, Michael's Mychal's "Urban Safari" :rofl: wasn't challenged again this year ... his Xena-Warrior-Princess-as-if-sewn-by-high-school-Home-Ec-class lookin' collection still holds the "worst" finale collection by a mile or so.

Matryeshka
10-22-2010, 02:10 AM
I think Tim Gunn might be able to go back to working on Michael C.'s tombstone...

danceronice
10-22-2010, 02:32 AM
If 'what happens when you leave your door open' is "Tim Gunn walks through it", I'm officially leaving my door open all the time.

(And does Gretchen have no self-awareness? I think she's probably insulted all of them at some point, and at the very least she's condescended to all of them, and now they're her boys?)

PrincessLeppard
10-22-2010, 03:17 AM
The screaming you will be hearing shortly is me when they put Gretchen and that dreck through to Fashion Week.

my little pony
10-22-2010, 03:18 AM
Gretchen's sack dress looks like it should be on the cover of the Burpee Seed Catalog. That Liza at the Sands jacket isnt bad alone but it is over some sort of a weird panty diaper. Then she has that old lady at Del Boca Vista Phase II jumpsuit thingy. If Heidi likes her so much, I dare her to wear any of it.

duane
10-22-2010, 03:23 AM
Wow, if I were watching this for the first time, I would be thinking this is the final four??????

Matryeshka
10-22-2010, 03:24 AM
The outfit with the jacket and the hat looked like a Slutty Harvest Witch costume-in-a-bag from Ms. Frankenstein's Discount Costume World.

PrincessLeppard
10-22-2010, 03:25 AM
I'm fine with Andy, Michael C, and Mondo's collections. I can't believe Gretchen got through.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEE :wall:

Aaron W
10-22-2010, 03:25 AM
I'm fine with the final three. Mondo's going to win it regardless, so ultimately it doesn't matter to me.

my little pony
10-22-2010, 03:28 AM
Maria von Trapp did more with those curtains than Gretchen did with that $10,000 or whatever they got.