PDA

View Full Version : Sew What's Up? Project Runway Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68

Civic
10-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Also on Lifetime.com is April's exit interview where she complains about Michael C's dress, too.

She sounds absolutely PO'd.

April's clothes all remind me of Abby Schutto, the forensic scientist on NCIS. I like the character but her goth fashion aesthetic isn't my cup of tea.

cruisin
10-18-2010, 05:12 PM
iirc Chloe did make a cute dress for Sasha

It might have been sort of cute (though I didn't love it), but there is no way anyone could skate in a dress that low cut under the arms without illusion. None of the designers got that challenge, the proportion, where and how the skirts were attached to the bodices, the fabric choices, and why didn't any of them know about hot fix crystals? None of them had a clue how to make a dress that could be worn and actually skated in. Most of us could have done 100Xs better.

dbell1
10-18-2010, 05:32 PM
Chloe is also selling on QVC. Very odd looking stuff.

PDilemma
10-18-2010, 06:02 PM
Chloe is also selling on QVC. Very odd looking stuff.

Odd is a nice word. I would go more with "hideous".

Warning, cruisin, if the Lot 8 collection hurt your eyes, the QVC stuff will probably lead to you actually gouging them out!

Aceon6
10-18-2010, 06:49 PM
One of the regular PR recappers has assembled composites of all of the final 5 designers with a summary and opinion. It's an interesting read. Look here (http://chocochanel.wordpress.com/2010/10/18/frustrated-and-fabulous-final-five/).

Beefcake
10-18-2010, 07:55 PM
^ Wow, it's an eye-opener to see each of their PR season's work in a collection. [with the exception of week 2] April really HAS done the same thing some 12 times over! The top portion is especially "the same" ... every design looks like it was cut from the same pattern. And :lol: that the only not-dark dark dark color over the entire season was panty #1 of her Triple Panty outfit.

Oh, and I'm still :huh: and :rofl: that Gretchen won those two challenges. That jumpsuit, in particular, is 100% Randolph County 4-H project (circa 1973).

genevieve
10-18-2010, 08:02 PM
I'd still rather have Gretchen over Michael. IMO, her attitude has gotten somewhat, note: somewhat, better while his has pretty much gotten progressively worse.
I have only watched the last 5 eps of the season, and I am really baffled by this. I haven't seen any attitude from Michael C, other than not laying down and taking it when Ivy threw those cheating accusations into the mix (which IMO was just her desperate to get more air time since she'd been eliminated). I've heard him and others talk about how he was a jerk in the beginning, but nothing I've seen in the episodes I've watched has been bad. Especially compared to Gretchen.

I am totally willing to believe that he was horrible in the beginning. I just don't believe that his attitude has gotten worse (or if that's true, it's not possible that he had a bad attitude at the beginning). And if Gretchen's attitude is better than it was? :scream: :scream:

DarrellH
10-18-2010, 08:22 PM
I rewatched the episode where Mondo revealed his secret. This time I noticed more how Gretchen tried to inject herself into it all. It was all very "I was glad that I was able..."

LordCirque
10-18-2010, 10:34 PM
I'm looking at the retrospective:

- WOW they weren't kidding when April has literally done black the ENTIRE show, I didn't think she literally had but indeed she has.

- I like a lot of Gretchen and Michael's stuff actually, though I still think his dress this week was ZZZZZZZZZZZZ and he has a horrible attitude of playing the victim and REALLY over hypes how much of a victim he is of the evil designers with death in their souls.

- I feel like Mondo didn't REALLY find his stride until the Jackie O challenge. His stuff is a lot more cohesive after that challenge.

- Conversely, I thought Michael's stuff was A LOT better prior to the Jackie O challenge and he just went downhill after that.

- Andy, Gretchen, and Mondo all have a lot of variety in their collection in terms of jackets, pants, dresses etc..... And all 3 have strong pieces in all of those cateogries.

StonewshMullet
10-18-2010, 10:58 PM
I think Michael has been treated like shit and frankly is a lot less whiney then most would be. The treatment by Ivy was horrific.

duane
10-18-2010, 11:09 PM
I have only watched the last 5 eps of the season, and I am really baffled by this. I haven't seen any attitude from Michael C, other than not laying down and taking it when Ivy threw those cheating accusations into the mix...
I've watched from nearly the beginning, and have never seen any attitude from Michael C. All I've seen are nasty comments from Gretchen and Ivy and everyone else going along, sour grapes' looks when he won competitions and no one congratulating him, snide comments about him in the work room, and even after Mondo changed his tune about Michael C (which, one would think, would have told the other designers that the guy can't be all bad), continued nastiness. I don't see how anyone can say his attitude has gotten worse, or that Gretchen's has gotten better.

Nomad
10-19-2010, 12:48 AM
The only change I see in Michael is that he seems a little less belligerent than he was in the beginning. Not that I can blame him, really, with the other designers dissing him right and left. Gretchen is still totally oblivious as to how she comes off - making nice with Michael one week, then saying he's "either an idiot savant or just an idiot" the next. Earth to Gretchen: You are not God's Gift to Fashion Design. You are not the Petronius Arbiter of Haute Couture (or even RTW). You are not Queen Bee of Project Runway. If you had kept your mouth shut and your ego in check, you would have been auf'ed weeks ago. End of rant.

duane
10-19-2010, 04:24 AM
One of the regular PR recappers has assembled composites of all of the final 5 designers with a summary and opinion. It's an interesting read.
It would be interesting to see whose composite would be voted tops by a group of people who've never seen the show! I don't think it would be Mondo's.

Aceon6
10-19-2010, 12:54 PM
It would be interesting to see whose composite would be voted tops by a group of people who've never seen the show! I don't think it would be Mondo's.

Prolly Michael's as it's the most accessible and looks most like what Joe average considers "high fashion." Mondo or Andy would probably win the uber hip crowd and April would get the hormonal angst vote.

skatesindreams
10-19-2010, 02:53 PM
If you had kept your mouth shut and your ego in check, you would have been auf'ed weeks ago.

The judges must see something in Gretchen that most here, don't.