PDA

View Full Version : Sew What's Up? Project Runway Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

skaternum
10-15-2010, 08:29 PM
Since the family visit and the backstory reveal, I now have a major soft spot for Gretchen.

Unfortunately, I missed this episode. Would you mind filling me in on Gretchen's story?

DickButtonFan
10-15-2010, 09:08 PM
On lifetime's site, there is a video where April calls Gretchen egotistical, selfish etc. she's reallllllllllllly mad that Gretchen is going to fashion week.

PDilemma
10-15-2010, 09:12 PM
On lifetime's site, there is a video where April calls Gretchen egotistical, selfish etc. she's reallllllllllllly mad that Gretchen is going to fashion week.

:watch:

Wow. She is pissed. Interesting since they seemed to get along.

millyskate
10-15-2010, 09:20 PM
:watch:

Wow. She is pissed. Interesting since they seemed to get along.

April was always tagging along behind Ivy and Gretchen with the bitching. She never seemed to have a backbone or opinions of her own, and was IMO very delusional about her own designs as well.
Her being a sore looser and turning against Gretchen is unfortunately in the same vein...

dbell1
10-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Unfortunately, I missed this episode. Would you mind filling me in on Gretchen's story?

From what I remember, when the family came in, Gretchen's mom was the last to arrive. Gretchen didn't think mom would even make it since her dad is in a wheelchair. Mom said something like 'we're counting on you to do this' and 'make us proud' type comments and I got the feeling that everyone's hopes, dreams, and financial future are tied to this show. It really rang a bell with me since I had a handicapped sister and later took care of my father. To be the one in the family trying to take care of everyone can make you a sad faced, grumpy person (I've been there many times).

It was a great episode to get a feel for what the contestants are like - I recommend finding it online, it's the one where Mondo also disclosed that he's HIV positive, and couldn't tell his mom because he thought he'd ruin her first trip to NYC.

nerdycool
10-15-2010, 09:44 PM
Also on Lifetime.com is April's exit interview where she complains about Michael C's dress, too.

She sounds absolutely PO'd.

PDilemma
10-15-2010, 09:46 PM
From what I remember, when the family came in, Gretchen's mom was the last to arrive. Gretchen didn't think mom would even make it since her dad is in a wheelchair. Mom said something like 'we're counting on you to do this' and 'make us proud' type comments and I got the feeling that everyone's hopes, dreams, and financial future are tied to this show. It really rang a bell with me since I had a handicapped sister and later took care of my father. To be the one in the family trying to take care of everyone can make you a sad faced, grumpy person (I've been there many times).

I think it was a step parent, not her father. And it didn't come off to me that they are depending on her for money at all. She's living far away and said she barely sees them. She wasn't afraid mom didn't have money to come but that mom wouldn't leave step dad. And to me, the mother came off just as smug as Gretchen.

Their conversation also made me wonder how much the designers know about the challenges ahead of time as Gretchen told her she won the Marie Clare challenge and mom said "good, we wanted that one for the exposure" or something like that to indicate she knew it existed.

Beefcake
10-15-2010, 09:49 PM
Also on Lifetime.com is April's exit interview where she complains about Michael C's dress, too.

She's 21. Everything is :drama:

(even while we tend to agree with some of her :mad:)

Aceon6
10-15-2010, 10:28 PM

Well, Tim did say that he missed that part because he was "out carving Michael's tombstone." Guess Tim didn't like the final dress all that much. I guess one could read too much into Tim telling MC to abandon the "tortured pieces of fabric" concept. Perhaps Tim was really thinking that the draped dress was really bad but the alternative was even worse.

StonewshMullet
10-16-2010, 12:18 AM
I was surprised to hear Tim supporting April's mean girl crap. A simple "Well Dear we are all entitled to our opinions." would have sufficed.

Civic
10-17-2010, 12:45 AM
It must have been great for Michael C that the best designer on the show picked him as one of the designers who deserved to go to fashion week! And, it must have been awful for the other designers to hear it! I wish I could see Ivy's face right now!

I personally wasn't impressed with anyone's outfit tonight. Michael C's had the most WOW factor, but it was a boring wow.

I bet Ivy's head exploded when she learned Michael C was going to fashion week. It serves her right for hating on him. Like my grandma used to say, "God don't like ugly."

shan
10-18-2010, 12:10 AM
Did I miss the winner for this week, or didn't they have one?

RockTheTassel
10-18-2010, 12:21 AM
Did I miss the winner for this week, or didn't they have one?

There was no official challenge winner.

shan
10-18-2010, 12:23 AM
Thanks, I was sure that Michael C. would be it, given their praise...

LordCirque
10-18-2010, 12:29 AM
Anyone but Michael For The Win!