PDA

View Full Version : Sew What's Up? Project Runway Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

DickButtonFan
10-10-2010, 11:04 PM
You can look at pictures of the final collections on Tom & Lorenzo's Project Rungay blog: http://projectrungay.blogspot.com/search/label/Project%20Runway%20Season%208%20Final%20Collection s?max-results=18

Thank you!! I picked my winner now :D

cruisin
10-10-2010, 11:18 PM
I like Mondo, but a lot of his collection looks like he's trying to do Marc Jacobs. It's been done, Mondo, and no one does it better than Marc Jacobs.

uyeahu
10-11-2010, 02:40 AM
I think, or hope, it comes down to Mondo or Andy and the final result will depend on whether the judges can bring themselves to overlook the clunkers among Andy's collection or not. I think Andy has the most "Wow" pieces, but he really missed the mark with some of his separates. Those frilly, layered tops just don't work with pants of the kind he paired them with. He made the models appear totally shapeless and the proportions are just way off. Mondo's collection was more casual and less "wow" but it was consistently good from beginning to end and perfectly styled, plus he's going in as a favorite. I liked some of Michael C's collection but I think it's a little dated and there's not a single piece of Gretchen's collection I don't want to burn on a pyre. Just ugly, ugly, ugly.

ETA: I totally forgot April's collection. It's good to see her get away from all the black but it still feels a little student/gimmicky to me with all the ace bandages and girdle accouterments.

Jayar
10-11-2010, 04:36 AM
My fashion credentials? I'm gay! :rofl:

I'm glad that you put the laughing smilely there because being gay certainly does NOT qualify you to talk about fashion.

LordCirque
10-11-2010, 07:35 AM
And you went to FIDM or Parsons, yes Jayar?

Jubak
10-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Hmmm. I viewed everyone's collections on line and can pretty much guess the final 3. I have to say, there is not one person who "wowed" me, which is a real shame. I was expecting much more, esp from Andy, who showed a ladies-who-lunch in Palm Beach collection. His was decent, as was Mondo's. April was too stainy for me. Michael C's does have a taste level deficiency, although at least he went all-out. Gretchen's was boring.

Not one showed anything particularly innovative that hasn't been done before, almost all used neutral palates except for two. This has been a particularly disappointing season.

cruisin
10-11-2010, 03:54 PM
I'm glad that you put the laughing smilely there because being gay certainly does NOT qualify you to talk about fashion.

Oh, yes it does! :D

uyeahu, I agree with you about April. I actually really like what she did, overall. But the details you mention were a little bizarre. The garter clips might have been fun/quirky once, but it's a bit much to carry through the collection.

Again, I do like Mondo. But someone should really call him out on the Marc by Marc Jacobs imitation pieces. Not just the character ones, but there were several others that looked exactly like MbyMJ from past seasons.

LadyGray
10-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Thanks, I didn't think I'd seen it because I was away for 2 weeks, but I guess I had. I didn't find it offensive, but then I'm not Nina Garcia either! Poor Tim.

I didn't see it before the video was removed. Can someone elaborate on what Tim said? Did he think Mondo should have won?

Aceon6
10-11-2010, 08:56 PM
I didn't see it before the video was removed. Can someone elaborate on what Tim said? Did he think Mondo should have won?

DickButtonFan posted the link a few pages back. I checked it before pasting it in to this response, but EW seems to have removed the vlog.

Basically, Tim ranted on the producers for trying to tie the challenge into a Jackie O retrospective. The original idea was to have them make something that Jackie would have worn... aka a historical challenge. After much ado, the challenge was changed to "make something Jackie would wear if she was in her prime in the year 2010." The judges never got the memo, and Tim had to clarify what he told the contestants. Even after explaining, Tim said that Nina was still stuck on older Jackie wearing what was coming down the runway as opposed to 30/40 something Jackie.

Mondo did win and Tim approved.

literaryfreak
10-12-2010, 04:33 AM
This site has the deleted vlog: http://img832.imageshack.us/i/timgunnvlog8.mp4/

shan
10-12-2010, 04:55 AM
thanks literaryfreak. I've been wanting to see what all the fuss was about. It is very interesting to hear the behind the scenes info.

cruisin
10-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Yes, thanks literaryfreak. It really sounds like the communication on the show has broken down. Too many egos and not enough discussion. How can tim mentor the designers if the producers change things and the judges don't know what they are supposed to be judging? Hopefully Tim's comments about being stubborn (the producers and judges) and a downfall won't be prophetic for the show.

Aceon6
10-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Yes, thanks literaryfreak. It really sounds like the communication on the show has broken down. Too many egos and not enough discussion. How can tim mentor the designers if the producers change things and the judges don't know what they are supposed to be judging? Hopefully Tim's comments about being stubborn (the producers and judges) and a downfall won't be prophetic for the show.

Unfortunately, the Bunim Murray team is young and are taking orders from Heidi. Heidi thinks she's the star of the show. Seems most folks who watch think differently.

cruisin
10-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Unfortunately, the Bunim Murray team is young and are taking orders from Heidi. Heidi thinks she's the star of the show. Seems most folks who watch think differently.

Maybe they need to run some focus groups.

danceronice
10-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Maybe they need to run some focus groups.

No kidding. Tim = Awesome, everyone else = subject to change without notice.

And they REALLY need to reconsider this trend of "Oops, here's another challenge, make two more outfits! Surprise!" it's NOT improving quality, just stressing the designers out.