PDA

View Full Version : Sew What's Up? Project Runway Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

stanhope
10-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Christopher's exit interview backs Peach up on this one. In different words, he said that Michael C gave a very bad first impression. When the designers didn't get all cozy with him (MC), MC got all quiet and didn't interact with them much, reinforcing their "not one of us" impression. It wasn't until later that MC started "opening up" (CC's words) and when people got to know him better, they thought he was an ok guy.

Christopher seems like a level-headed guy and not really into the "drama" like Gretchen/Ivy and co. So, I tend to trust his judgment on this one. Ivy came off nice in the beginning, but now she is a total witch. Michael C seemed like more of a villain early on in the show, but like Christopher said, he opened up and more people are coming around (as exhibited by AJ when he said to Michael C that he was worried about working with him but it was actually pretty good). To sum up, I think Ivy is the real villain here - she has only made herself look worse and worse, whereas Michael C has evolved and gained more respect with the designers.

Also - Tim OWNED Ivy :)

I'm not surprised Christopher is gone - but I usually liked his clothes. I think I have more of a "bland" taste - or -just a less expensive taste.

duane
10-09-2010, 05:17 PM
My fashion credentials? I'm gay!
:respec:

Seriously though, I've never considered any comments here as "technical reviews", but simply opinions.

pilgrimsoul
10-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Love the show - hate Heidi. What a beyotch! Oh yeah, and GO MONDO!!!

FiveRinger
10-09-2010, 08:09 PM
I used to love this show, but I am becoming more and more disillusioned as time goes on because the judges don't make sense, the contestants are crazy, and the one person who seams to be rational on any level has been muzzled (sigh, Tim).

Ivy is a sore loser. She's the sabotage, not Michael C. She was mean, nasty, and downright despicable in her treatment of Micheal C. She called him out more than once, belittled him, made fun of him, lied on him, and God only knows what else because this show is edited, and that was all before she got eliminated. Then she comes back and does it again? Really? Poison Ivy.....she's totally useless. Say what you want, Ivy, you didn't win any of the challenges while you were on the show. In fact, you spent more time in the bottom than anywhere. Michael C won two and didn't go into the bottom until after you left. That speaks volumes.

I think that Heidi is getting to be a bit much. When the show first started, she was nice, polite, and even when she did not like a designer's piece, she diplomatically stated her piece. Now, I guess she's figured out that she's on television and that she has to put on a full out performance. Mondo should have choked her with that shirt when she put it on. She was out of line for trying on his clothes. But, his reaction to it was bad. But, I liked that he turned that bad energy into 3 amazing outfits. In my mind, this is his competition to win or lose at this point.

I'm glad Andy got a win. But he's still a little green. I'm not a fan yet, but I'm enjoying watching his progress.

April should just be a costume designer for one the vampire series or movies. It's sad that she's so young and has such a dark aesthetic. She needs to go watch a Disney movie or something. And if she doesn't win next week's challenge she's going home. She's the only designer who hasn't won a single challenge.

Michael C wasn't bad. I didn't like the colors. But I thought his dress was cute.

Whoever said Gretchen's stuff reminded them of Desperately Seeking Susan was bang on. When I saw the cropped top and the bangles and necklaces all I could think about were Madonna videos.

And she's never going to get a job working for any designer after this. She's too temperamental, can't take criticism, and can't incorporate her point of view into someone else's. She's going to be making hippy ware for her friends and family from now on.

Poor Chris. Nice guy. Drab clothes. That's all.

millyskate
10-09-2010, 08:16 PM
I really liked Michael C's dress, I would actually wear something like that. Pity about the colours... I think Gretchen should have been in the bottom with Chris... or April.

April's personality is really annoying me now, and her clothes boring to me. I didn't like her designs this time round at all.

meggonzo
10-09-2010, 09:21 PM
April won the resort wear challenge. At this point, she is the only one that was only won one challenge. I think Casanova is the only aufed designer that won a challenge.

mikemba
10-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Has April made any garments in anything other than black???

The quilted diaper she made in the beginning was white.

;)

nerdycool
10-09-2010, 10:07 PM
On one of the early challenges, she made a black dress that had either a purple or navy upper part (not sure what to call it). But the color was so dark, it might as well have been black. Oh, and she used pink trim on the diaper. That's it.

LordCirque
10-09-2010, 10:26 PM
To this point, if we go by who has been in the Bottom 3 the least, the Final 3 will be April, Gretchen, and Mondo.

Andy- 3
April- 2
Gretchen- 2
Michael C- 4
Mondo- 1

Rob
10-09-2010, 10:43 PM
I got rid of the "LOOK AT ME AND HOW FUN/AVANT-GARDE/UNIQUE I AM!" wardrobe when I was in my mid twenties.

:D here here. How I loved all that stuff but now I would look ridiculous in it anyway at age 50. And my Maud Frizon's would hurt my feet!

FiveRinger
10-09-2010, 11:35 PM
April won the resort wear challenge. At this point, she is the only one that was only won one challenge. I think Casanova is the only aufed designer that won a challenge.

That's a shame. I didn't even remember it. But, I still say that she's behind in terms of wins. The idea of an entire line of her black sh--stuff is creepy.

DickButtonFan
10-10-2010, 01:40 AM
Wow on the lifetime site Tim sat with Chris and they showed his audition tape. Chris's hair was Soooooo cute before what a shame he cut it hope he grows it back.

meggonzo
10-10-2010, 09:10 PM
That's a shame. I didn't even remember it. But, I still say that she's behind in terms of wins. The idea of an entire line of her black sh--stuff is creepy.

There are pictures of the final collections online - we just don't know yet who the 3 finalists are. I wasn't very impressed with any of the collections. I may even prefer Michael Knight's collection from season 3 to any of these! Hopefully they look better in motion.

DickButtonFan
10-10-2010, 09:51 PM
I haven't found any sites of the complete collections anyone have them? How do you write in code?

meggonzo
10-10-2010, 10:53 PM
You can look at pictures of the final collections on Tom & Lorenzo's Project Rungay blog: http://projectrungay.blogspot.com/search/label/Project%20Runway%20Season%208%20Final%20Collection s?max-results=18