PDA

View Full Version : Sew What's Up? Project Runway Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

PDilemma
10-08-2010, 06:40 PM
There was nothing "sudden" about the no-tape rule. It seemed to be in effect last season, as there a MOTR fracas had Avatar Wiccan Alexis accusing one of the boring coat hangers of cheating/aiding her designer by taping up some saggy clothing areas. (Or was that Cerri doing the accusing? Anyway, it was an issue last season.).

I never watched that. And I was just relaying what Nick and Laura wrote, not commenting on the rule myself.

lash
10-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Alexis as a Wiccan Avatar :rofl: Yes, she accused Irina's model of using tape to hold up a dress made out of couch tapestry.

DickButtonFan
10-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Heidi's hair on amazon looks like gaga hair on her album lol

Rob
10-08-2010, 08:16 PM
I can't believe the prices on that stuff. If it were Walmart or Target prices, maybe it would be worth it, but it just isn't very attractive. Andy's hoodie is probably my favorite piece.

DubbalinGirl
10-08-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm not a designer, but I know ugly when I see it. If I were Mondo, I think I would have had a problem when she asked Mondo "I'd pick up the kids in this?" because looking at her line, I'd never leave the house in that stuff!

mikemba
10-08-2010, 09:58 PM
I think Heidi is getting meaner and meaner.

And although I don't really like Gretchen, I disagree with whatever contestant criticized Gretchen - but not Heidi - for being 'disprespectful.' I don't care who you are, I think respect is a 2-way street. If Heidi wants designers to treat her with respect, she should try treating them with respect. There's a world of difference between constructive criticism and destructive, mean-spirited, sarcastic criticism.

And what Heidi did with Mondo's clothes was ridiculous for many reasons, including the fact that she was trying them on while fully clothed, and trying to make him look foolish in the process.

StonewshMullet
10-08-2010, 10:02 PM
All of the sudden we are watching Project CinderMichaela with his evil stepsisters Ivy the Hag and Gretchen the Nag. This show is becoming unwatchable.

Jayar
10-08-2010, 10:09 PM
I wonder... and don't crucify me for this... what are all of your fashion credentials? I've seen a lot of skating fans, and I have to say that many are fashion challenged, and I wonder if the ones who post here giving technical reviews are the same ones I see at Skate America wearing sequined hats and sweatsuits? Just wondering...

skatesindreams
10-08-2010, 10:10 PM
I think Heidi is getting meaner and meaner.

And although I don't really like Gretchen, I disagree with whatever contestant criticized Gretchen - but not Heidi - for being 'disprespectful.' I don't care who you are, I think respect is a 2-way street. If Heidi wants designers to treat her with respect, she should try treating them with respect. There's a world of difference between constructive criticism and destructive, mean-spirited, sarcastic criticism.

And what Heidi did with Mondo's clothes was ridiculous for many reasons, including the fact that she was trying them on while fully clothed, and trying to make him look foolish in the process.

:respec:

DickButtonFan
10-08-2010, 10:29 PM
All of the sudden we are watching Project CinderMichaela with his evil stepsisters Ivy the Hag and Gretchen the Nag. This show is becoming unwatchable.

Omg lololololololl this is too funny ur brilliant

DickButtonFan
10-08-2010, 10:31 PM
I wonder... and don't crucify me for this... what are all of your fashion credentials? I've seen a lot of skating fans, and I have to say that many are fashion challenged, and I wonder if the ones who post here giving technical reviews are the same ones I see at Skate America wearing sequined hats and sweatsuits? Just wondering...
No I don't do the sweatshirt sequin thing.
Must we send pics of what we are wearing today, it'd prob be better than Heidi wear.

I thought johnny's feather pants were a bad idea if that helps.

susan6
10-08-2010, 10:35 PM

Yeah.....I'd like to see less bitchin' and more stitchin'. And way more Tim Gunn. He's relegated to "let's go to Mood" and the occasional "gather around." I want to see more mentoring.

LordCirque
10-08-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Ivy, but honestly, I really would rather have her than Michael C around.

Based on what I've read, I can't help but feel he manufactured all of this himself and purposely made people hate him so he'd get sympathy and support from editing and viewers.

I'd believe it was just bitterness if the hate was only from 1 or 2 people, but it appears to be from almost everyone, including people that weren't even on his team in that team challenge.

I want him to go soon. I was really hoping last night would finally be the night.

Rob
10-08-2010, 10:55 PM

No sequined hats, I don't really give technical reviews, and I can't sew on a button. But I did work at the store pictured here for a while: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/17/business/17weiser.html And none of it fits, but I have the most fabulous stuff from the late 70s and 80s (like a Thierry Mugler shark shoulder suit).

PrincessLeppard
10-08-2010, 10:58 PM

Really, darling? Moi in a sequined hat and sweatsuit? Mais non. :drama: