PDA

View Full Version : Sew What's Up? Project Runway Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

PDilemma
10-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Ivy needs to go back to middle school where she belongs. This was the second time we've been treated to her walking around the room to tell everyone how awful Michael C is. Very 12 year old behavior.

As for Gretchen, several also-rans from PR have ended up working for big design houses--and in that setting, she would have to use the fabrics that the designer has chosen to produce the line in, and have to take constructive criticism. That's just reality. As for her designs--Heidi was spot on when she said it all came from an 80s dance video. And it should be sent back to the 80s dance video studio.

I loved Andy's hoodie and Mondo's circle jacket.

DickButtonFan
10-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Did anyone else get a sort of "sweatshop vibe" from that whole "make me 2 more looks for my line" talk from Heidi?
How much, if anything, will Andy get from being the designer she chose? Or will the designs become the intellectual property of the show/Heidi's?

She seemed so intimidating, I'm pretty sure she paid Andy nothing to have his clothes on amazon, he just get the exposure but his name isn't even on the listing.

Beefcake
10-08-2010, 03:41 PM
:lol: I've missed Casanova! The 2nd half of the season has missed Casanova. His "pumpkin pie on bottom and pecan pie on top" comments about MC's awful designs -- complete with prancing about with an imaginary pumpkin in his arm -- was :rofl:

:wideeyes: Heidi's collection. The woman loves to use "sad" as a dagger to her less-successful contestants; well, there , Heidi, in your collection were a good dozen "sad" (and drab and shab) outifts. With a couple of tweaks, Christopher's home lounging-looking oopsies would've fit right in.

:( Yeh, Chris, that was bad. No surprise, however, that he owned up to it, and handled the critiques and auffing with class. He gets to go home to that :swoon: husband, so the world is just fine methinks in Christopherland.

:o Mondo's attitude toward Heidi during her workroom visit (I will always think judges' visits there is inappropriate, BTW) was kinda surprising. His eyerolls and general disdain for her opinion rivaled Gretchen's. Later, of course, on the runway Gretchen blew far past Mondo with Part XIIV of her "nobody knows like I know" delusions. But Mondo was a lil' bitch on his own, earlier.

So, Christopher was right in his farewell ... next week "is" the final challenge. This means that two will be auffed? Hope so, because it would be PERFECT :watch: if Gretchen were to depart along with Michael C -- ergo leave the show with the guy who's been the bee in her bonnet since ~week 3. :cat:

DickButtonFan
10-08-2010, 03:41 PM
And those clothes she "designed" are so plain you could find them in any store. A plain black top, plain black pants, etc.? Where's the creativity?

my little pony
10-08-2010, 03:45 PM
talk about the unable to take criticism pot calling gretchen black, i dont think heidi loved that no one seemed excited about her frumpy separates

PDilemma
10-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Mondo did not respond well to Heidi in the workroom, but I thought Heidi was a bit out of line to be trying on his stuff. Tim talks to them like the teacher that he was. He asks them to show them; he asks them to do their own critiques for him to some extent and then shares his input on what they tell him. He always says something positive to them, as well. Heidi didn't know how to do that . She basically barreled in there and said "I don't like it" without anything else to the ones she was negative about. People never respond well to that.

All of that said, Mondo should not have been a diva about it and Gretchen didn't need to be throwing fabric across the room Very immature responses from both of them.

DickButtonFan
10-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Heidi shouldn't try stuff on she isn't sample size anymore.

skatesindreams
10-08-2010, 04:23 PM
I want a challenge where designers are banned from using black, white, gray, or beige neuterals.

This "pallette" is often used in fashion during periods of economic stress; although it always seems "popular" in NY.

PDilemma
10-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Nick Vereos and Laura Bennett both express surprise in their blogs on the PR site that tape is suddenly against the rules. Both are saying it was used all the time in their seasons.

And Laura suggests that since Jennifer Lopez used double stick tape to keep that famous green Versace dress up, she would like to see Ivy get up in Donatella's face and tell her she is a cheater. :rofl:

I think I would pay good money to watch that exchange.

DickButtonFan
10-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Ivy also accused Michael c of telling everyone she's the $&@!# of the show and not to vote for her. I would think if that were true it would have been on tape. I knew she was creepy on the first day.

lash
10-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that Andy's jacket is a rip off of the Lululemon (http://www.lululemon.com/) logo? I liked it and the style is different but still. Oppes should have read the whole thread. it's not just me.

I thought Heidi came off as a total bitch in the workroom and her collection is fuuuugly. But I did agree with her when she said Gretchens collection looked striaght out of a 80s dance video. :lol: I thought the exact same thing. That's the exact same crap I wore in 5th grade. However i also had the bad hair to go with it.

Ivy. There are no words. Wow.

PDilemma
10-08-2010, 05:48 PM
I thought Heidi came off as a total bitch in the workroom and her collection is fuuuugly. But I did agree with her when she said Gretchens collection looked striaght out of a 80s dance video. :lol: I thought the exact same thing. That's the exact same crap I wore in 5th grade. However i also had the bad hair to go with it.

I thought the ensemble with the cropped top was very Desperately Seeking Susan.

viennese
10-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Is it me or does one of Andy's designs looks like a Lululemon Athletica (http://www.lululemon.com/)logo?

now that you mention it...yes

Beefcake
10-08-2010, 05:57 PM
There was nothing "sudden" about the no-tape rule. It seemed to be in effect last season, as there a MOTR fracas had Avatar Wiccan Alexis accusing one of the boring coat hangers of cheating/aiding her designer by taping up some saggy clothing areas. (Or was that Cerri doing the accusing? Anyway, it was an issue last season.)

First e-mail in my inbox this morning was from Amazon.Com, announcing Heidi's new (eyepoppingly overpriced for sweats!) line. She seems to be wearing one of Andy's designs. Interestingly, one pair of pants seems to be 100% Christopher's design ... or maybe since his was under-designed, it's just a plain ol' pair of shortish sweat pants.

Aceon6
10-08-2010, 06:00 PM
now that you mention it...yes

Blogging Project Runway has this up. The LuLu swirl has been removed in the production version, so it seems that someone caught it.