PDA

View Full Version : Sew What's Up? Project Runway Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

cruisin
10-08-2010, 03:52 AM
I really think Ivy is the ugliest contestant ever. She is just vile.

Christopher's was awful, not much more to say.

Michael C's wasn't bad, design wise, but the colors were :confused:.

Gretchen's was :wideeyes: yuck.

I liked Andy's dress. The chevron pants were hiddeous. And I did not like the hoodie at all.

April's was good, but I thought it was too polished.

I thought Mondo should have won.

PrincessLeppard
10-08-2010, 03:58 AM
I wanted Mondo's hoodie thingy. But after looking at the prices of Heidi's stuff on Amazon, I don't know that I would've bought it anyway. I'll spend a lot on shoes :shuffle: , but on a hoodie? I know it's really cute, but....

dbell1
10-08-2010, 04:08 AM
:lol: @ Wretchen telling Heidi that the line needed something else. She was right.

Bye Christopher. You were nice, we loved your bf and designed very forgettable clothing.

The return of Peach - loved seeing her and April teaming up. So cute.

Glad Andy won - loved that hoodie.

Heidi wear is ultra boring and bland. Somewhere there's a warehouse full of crappy fabric destined to be crappy clothing. Where's my lighter fluid and a blowtorch? :shuffle:

Ivy Ivy Ivy. Your bitterness is only exceeded by your crap math skills. So, Michael C. took 3 spots by still being there? How is that possible in this world? Since when did 1 spot become 3 people? :huh: :P

uyeahu
10-08-2010, 07:57 AM
First - Heidi looked better this show than she has all season. The woman is going to be a sexy octogenarian walking around in short, tight, shiny dresses and making it work. Gorgeous. And I loved seeing her face off with Gretchen.

Second - **** You Ivy. Such an immature little mean girl. She absolutely did herself no favors and in the end only raised my opinion of Michael C. (whose stuff I actually kinda liked tonight so I guess I have taste issues.)

Third - Congrats to Andy and Mondo for both making interesting and wearable active wear. This isn't the first hissy fit Mondo's thrown at the beginning of a challenge but he always manages to get a grip and get to work.

Fourth - Constructive criticism can be helpful Gretchen. :lol::lol::lol: (Thanks again Heidi).

Nomad
10-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Much as I wanted Gretchen to go, I have to admit that Christopher's clothes looked cheap, flimsy, and ugly. The three looks didn't go with each other, let alone Heidi's collection.

Gretchen was in fine form tonight. I had to giggle when I saw her wearing the "hater" badge before they went to Mood. (Did she steal it from Ivy?) I particularly enjoyed the way Heidi and Nina snarked on her attitude. Yes, Heidi's drab collection needs something to liven it up, but it doesn't need the overworked crap that Gretchen made.

I was not impressed by April's looks. And she needs to stop making hot pants. She also lost a lot of points with me for congratulating Ivy on being such a bitch to Michael C.

Michael C really missed the mark, especially with his color choices. He was lucky that Christopher completely blew it this week.

I liked Mondo's looks better than Andy's. I thought Andy's "prints" were a little too much.

Ivy might want to rethink her behaviour towards others; karma can be an even bigger, meaner bitch than she is.

venja
10-08-2010, 10:25 AM
I would have liked to have seen Ivy's face when she watched this episode talking about karma and then being hit in the eye. Editing at its best, I tell ya!

Surprise surprise, Nicole Bobek April with another dark/black collection. I guess it's okay since Heidi's collection was dark and looked like crap blah.

Is it me or does one of Andy's designs looks like a Lululemon Athletica (http://www.lululemon.com/)logo? I'm thinking either Lululemon is unhappy with that (or aren't they?). Oh yeah, why are his pants making a comeback? I swear I saw them on one of the Twem brothers on X Factor UK. For that alone, Andy should be kicked off.

I would have gone yet again with Mondo because it brings more class to Heidi's collection, and it looks like it's part of it too.

Lucy25
10-08-2010, 01:10 PM
I still do not understand why Michael was accused of cheating. I stepped away from the TV for a couple of minutes and I guess I missed that part. Does Ivy think that Michael isn't actually sewing his designs? Came back in when Tim was saying that it was too late to accuse anyone and that there was no proof of cheating. Really, really despise Ivy. I hate the way PR edits the previews - such a tease that usually is blown out of proportion.

I knew that Gretchen would stay (even though I would have sent her home) based on the fact that the show tends to judge on past results and not just on that week's design. Christopher has just been too weak for two many weeks in a row.

DickButtonFan
10-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Just looked at Heidi collection on amazon. $78 for plain pants seems too high they're not even cute. I don't see andy's name on any the stuff he made. That's kinda cheap and tacky.

Aceon6
10-08-2010, 01:59 PM
I still do not understand why Michael was accused of cheating. I stepped away from the TV for a couple of minutes and I guess I missed that part. Does Ivy think that Michael isn't actually sewing his designs? Came back in when Tim was saying that it was too late to accuse anyone and that there was no proof of cheating. Really, really despise Ivy. I hate the way PR edits the previews - such a tease that usually is blown out of proportion.

I knew that Gretchen would stay (even though I would have sent her home) based on the fact that the show tends to judge on past results and not just on that week's design. Christopher has just been too weak for two many weeks in a row.

Contestants aren't allowed to use double stick tape to attach clothing to a model. Ivy accused Michael C of using it in the Jackie O challenge. His dress was a really good candidate for tape, AND the female contestants saw packages of tape in the ladies room. MC's defense was that his model uses the tape for her cutlets.

I took a look at the dress again on Lifetime and it doesn't have any obvious tape. Also, the model appears to have her cutlets in. Here's the link (http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/season-8/rate-the-runway/episode-8#rate) to the Rate the Runway photos from that epi.

Aceon6
10-08-2010, 02:12 PM
So, is the you-are-asked-to-leave-and-never-return drama over?? Or is this something that is going to happen on the reunion show?

Good possibility. The Bunim Murray producers have put out some very strange previews and promos. Most of them had little to do with the next show and had snippets from multiple shows.

As for who it might be directed to... remember strange Jonathan who stapled the kimono? To my mind, it's likely anyone but Ivy as most of us might cheer if Ivy got the double auf.

cruisin
10-08-2010, 02:21 PM
It looks like they (HK for NB) took a little from Mondo's collection. The hooded, oversized top with the pink satiny inserts.

Lucy25
10-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Thank you, Aceon6!

danceronice
10-08-2010, 02:48 PM
is there more like did Michael C kidnap the Lindberg baby?

did karma just stick Ivy in the eye with a needle?

I LAUGHED MY *** OFF. Why do I have the sneaking suspicion the camera crew and editors aren't huge Ivy fans, either? Seriously, Ivy, are you twelve? That was so middle school and I swear Tim was two seconds away from an "And don't make me come over there again."

April: I would send you home for the shorts alone. Enough.

While I would have LOVED to see Gretchen and her temper tantrums and completely unprofessional sulking sent home, Christopher was due. His stuff has just gotten blander and blander. Michael C I thought did not belong in the bottom but I was pretty sure construction would save him (as man, he can sew. He can come sew stuff for me any time.) And really, Heidi should have taken some advice from HIM and looked at her "color palate." I reiterate what I said a while back, I want a challenge where designers are banned from using black, white, gray, or beige neuterals.

skatesindreams
10-08-2010, 02:51 PM
I was not impressed by April's looks. And she needs to stop making hot pants.
Michael C really missed the mark, especially with his color choices. He was lucky that Christopher completely blew it this week.
I liked Mondo's looks better than Andy's.

This!

Heidi isn't a "designer". You can't blame some of the contestants for wondering how their aesthetic would fit with her concept.

DarrellH
10-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Did anyone else get a sort of "sweatshop vibe" from that whole "make me 2 more looks for my line" talk from Heidi?
How much, if anything, will Andy get from being the designer she chose? Or will the designs become the intellectual property of the show/Heidi's?