PDA

View Full Version : Sew What's Up? Project Runway Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

ArtisticFan
09-17-2010, 06:18 PM
I was personally disappointed by all the designs on last night's show. I guess that's why I'm not a judge. I would have told them all to scrap what they had and start over.

merrywidow
09-17-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm of Jackie O's generation & the only design I would have worn or could see her wearing would have been Ivy's. I didn't see the first hour so I wonder if the designers were told to design for a Jackie O at age 30/40 or a Jackie O if she were alive today? That would make a difference.

PDilemma
09-17-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm of Jackie O's generation & the only design I would have worn or could see her wearing would have been Ivy's. I didn't see the first hour so I wonder if the designers were told to design for a Jackie O at age 30/40 or a Jackie O if she were alive today? That would make a difference.

They were told to make classic sportswear for today with Jackie as their inspiration. So not so much for Jackie at any age, but reflecting her style. And they were shown pics of her from many different eras of her life.

viennese
09-17-2010, 09:33 PM
Mondo should win extra credit for his elf dance.

nerdycool
09-17-2010, 09:59 PM
I thought Valerie should have gone home this week... but only because I kinda liked Michael D's outfit, even if it would look horrible on me. Val's just was totally uninteresting.

And honestly, Gretchen is disappointing me. She's the designer whose designs most fit my style. The first 3-4 challenges she's made something that I really liked and could see myself wearing, but ever since then, everything she's made is just blah. Maybe if everything weren't so baggy and too long, they'd be better. No one wants to be a bag lady.

Overall, I'm digging Mondo, because he's not afraid to use color. It's nice to see that someone on that show realizes that there are more colors than black, white, navy & beige. I might not totally get his style, but I appreciate that he believes in what he does and who he is, and that comes through in his clothes.

Nomad
09-17-2010, 10:13 PM
After looking at the PR's "Rate the Runway", it seems to me that Gretchen's last couple designs say, "I give up, I don't like my body, I'll never look good in anything, so I'll just swathe myself in lots of dull-colored fabric and hopefully fade into the background where no one will notice me."

Color-phobia seems rampant this season. Mondo and Michael C seem to be the only ones who aren't afraid to step outside the neutral box.

And if Christopher makes yet another one-shouldered garment next week I will smack his pretty face. It's like Nick Verreos and those fecking fishtail skirts all over again.

DickButtonFan
09-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Yeah gretchen just so boring!! Her stuff is just so drab and depressing. Mondos colors are uplighting and happy. I so want that outfit he made. I hope he wins.

haribobo
09-17-2010, 11:02 PM
Gretchen and Valerie are duking it out to see who will get to be the next head designer at Dress Barn.

:lol: Check out the Krappage on their website currently... :P:eek:

http://www.dressbarn.com/womens/dresses

I find their sweater dresses especially amusing

http://www.dressbarn.com/womens/dresses/sweater-dresses

Sparks
09-17-2010, 11:10 PM
Hey, some of the Dress Barn items look better than Gretchen's dreckitude.

Lucy25
09-18-2010, 01:25 AM
Just saw a preview for next week's episode. The commercial is edited to show major drama - girls are crying, two guys appear to be fighting in the workroom. Voiceover saws something to the effect of, "Everything you thought you knew about Project Runway..." and then they play very dramatic music. Anyone else seen this?

shan
09-18-2010, 02:25 AM
At first I was stunned at how nasty Michael's comment to the camera was about Gretchen, but then I remembered how awful Gretchen has been to him. I did not like Mondo's outfit at all, but agree it was extremely well tailored. The judges even mentioned that Jackie Kennedy probably would not wear it, but that it was good anyway. After this challenge, I have to admit I don't know what sportswear is. I thought I did.

I can not stand Andy or his designs and can't believe he was not sent home. I really liked Ivy's whole outfit, although she, herself, is so unlikeable.

I'm confused, I thought they said she would wear Mondo's design.

Mondo is growing on me each week. He certainly redeemed himself from last week's Jr swimsuit fiasco!!

Everything about Gretchen irritates me. This week, I was back on her hair and how weird her bangs look. I think I noticed b/c she was wearing her hair up so much. But at least she wasn't wearing that ridiculous hat. And speaking of head gear, what on earth was April wearing on her head during the runway day? :scream:

I would have sent Andy home over Michael.

Lucy25
09-18-2010, 02:35 AM
I thought they said that they couldn't see her wearing it, but that it was still a great design. Perhaps I heard wrong, though. I'll have to catch the repeat this weekend.

nerdycool
09-18-2010, 03:27 AM
Heidi said she could see Jackie in it, and Michael said that he could see her in the skirt with flat black shoes and a black turtleneck. Michael also said the shirt was classic... so I took that to mean that Jackie would wear it also, but perhaps not with the skirt.

danceronice
09-18-2010, 04:02 AM
I think a young Jackie who lived NOW might well go for Mondo's. It's sleek, fashion-forward, not overbusy. Ivy's...eh, it's nicely tailored, at least the pants, but it's not very original or interesting (and the jacket was ridiculous. Heidi called it--too busy.)

While I agree with his auffing, I have to give Michael D. props for the cartridge pleats. Not in how they were used (on a drop waist? Really?) but I would have killed myself if I'd had a WEEK to do them.

shan
09-18-2010, 04:08 AM
I didn't care for Ivy's shirt. There was something weird about it that didn't quite look right to me.