PDA

View Full Version : Sew What's Up? Project Runway Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Nomad
09-17-2010, 08:54 AM
It's about damned time Mondo won a challenge. I guess the bottom three were right - I can't really remember what Gretchen made. A shapeless baby-puke coat over...something dark. It really annoyed me that she narrated this week's ep. I'd rather have April narrate an episode, but she probably swears too much for the producers to let that happen. Pfft. Despite the lack of color (what a shock) I kind of liked Ivy's. The idea of it more than the finished product. Valerie's looked a mess. Andy's was diabolical. Michael D. must have got hold of some mescaline himself.

Sparks
09-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Funniest line of the night ~ by Tim Gunn: Jackie Kennedy would never sport a camel toe.:rofl:

duane
09-17-2010, 03:28 PM
I guess Andy's past outfits saved him, because no way should he have survived this week. His outfit was a joke--much more so considering that fashion icon Jackie-O was the inspiration.

I didn't think Mondo was the "clear" winner. I didn't even think he should have won. I thought (and oh how it kills me to say it) Ivy should have won.

manleywoman
09-17-2010, 03:37 PM
I think gretchen should have been out, that was horrible. It was like a potato sack.

Agreed.

Thought it was telling how Michael C was all sweetness and light to her face (your outfit was so fashion-forward!!) and then bitched about her to the cameras. Wow.

Beefcake
09-17-2010, 03:38 PM
Beefcake, you can suck it because I <3 Valerie and Nicole Bobek (and Mondo).
You're such a predictable [whatever the reverse of fag hag is]. You probably died a little inside when Peach was booted. :P

I say Gretchen/Christopher/Mondo F3! And so it will be. :D

Aaron W
09-17-2010, 03:49 PM
You're such a predictable [whatever the reserve of fag hag is]. You probably died a little inside when Peach was booted. :P

I say Gretchen/Christopher/Mondo F3! And so it will be. :D

Beefy, I'd be fine with your finale (much moreso than Jayar's). Just as long as Christopher is there, I'll be satisfied. I want to see the different looks he'd create for the runway!

PRlady
09-17-2010, 03:49 PM
I watched this for the first time this season, just needed to veg out (and last season was so boring I haven't bothered.)

Jeez. Where's the talent. And why are these people so bitchy. And why has Tim Gunn aged...well, maybe looking at this craptastic stuff is blotching his complexion.

Poor Project Runway.

Lucy25
09-17-2010, 04:07 PM
Agreed.

Thought it was telling how Michael C was all sweetness and light to her face (your outfit was so fashion-forward!!) and then bitched about her to the cameras. Wow.
At first I was stunned at how nasty Michael's comment to the camera was about Gretchen, but then I remembered how awful Gretchen has been to him. I did not like Mondo's outfit at all, but agree it was extremely well tailored. The judges even mentioned that Jackie Kennedy probably would not wear it, but that it was good anyway. After this challenge, I have to admit I don't know what sportswear is. I thought I did.

I can not stand Andy or his designs and can't believe he was not sent home. I really liked Ivy's whole outfit, although she, herself, is so unlikeable.

Nomad
09-17-2010, 04:14 PM
As far as Andy goes, I think April nailed it when she said he made a pair of pants that he would like to wear. No woman in her right mind would put those on.

succubus
09-17-2010, 04:26 PM
I think Mondo's outfit was absolutely adorable - and his model's was too! ;)

Seriously, he hit the mark in every way regarding the challenge. I think Ivy's was close, but her jacket in her own words was too small and wouldn't close properly - that's a pretty big slip up. The rest of the outfit was superb - clean and chic.

I really hope Gretchen makes it to f3 because she is BEYOND delusional. I can't help but smile at how highly she thinks of her own work - no reality-based self-criticism exists whatsoever in her mind. It's really amusing.

Valerie's got to break out of whatever boring sludgelike slough of despondency she's been pulling her ideas out of. Between Valerie, Gretchen and Ivy, I feel like we're watching the three witches of MacBeth around their cauldron criticizing everyone else each week, while continuing to churn out forgettable or even ugly pieces. I'd like to see one of them go home, but I do hope it's Ivy. Cause she's a nasty piece of work.

PDilemma
09-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Gretchen is just lucky that Valerie made a pile of boring and Michael D and Andy went all fugly for the week.

I'd wear Valerie's maroonish jacket like thing. To rake the lawn when it's chilly. And that is not something one should strive to create for any sort of runway show.

Loved Mondo's outfit. I want that skirt!

my little pony
09-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Gretchen is just lucky that Valerie made a pile of boring and Michael D and Andy went all fugly for the week.

Gretchen and Valerie are duking it out to see who will get to be the next head designer at Dress Barn.

PDilemma
09-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Gretchen and Valerie are duking it out to see who will get to be the next head designer at Dress Barn.

:P:rofl::rofl:

skatesindreams
09-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Very few of the designers demonstrated any understanding of/appreciation for JKO's style - much less how to "update" it!

I would have given the win to Ivy. I even liked her jacket.

I liked Mondo's idea. That lined jacket was beautiful
However, the skirt was ill-filling in the back - cupping his model's rear.

Both Michael's deserved a place in the in the bottom 2, IMO.

Michael C.'s designs and persona are getting worse by the week.
UGH!

Nomad
09-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Michael C.'s designs and persona are getting worse by the week.
UGH!

Maybe they're prepping us for the unveiling of Michael C as the show's villain - I'm still hoping for the Mean Girl double elimination.