PDA

View Full Version : Sew What's Up? Project Runway Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

DickButtonFan
09-10-2010, 04:59 AM
I know I said b4 I didn't like the drama last time, but this episode was super boring. Didn't get bobek winning, it looked like lingerie.

all_empty
09-10-2010, 05:05 AM
The judges have been everywhere, as tonight's results proved once again.

Beefcake, regarding my pick from today's show, Valerie's dresses had so much detail. Yes, a few were Katy Perry/Lady Gaga, but I loved the look.

I do like untraditional and color, which she used the best, aside from Mondo.

I still can't get over how ugly Gretchen's was in person. I think a lot of people were in shock.

Allen
09-10-2010, 05:06 AM
I guess I am in the minority, but I loved April's look. I really dig the punky Edwardian thing, but I love that style in real life...so, maybe that's what it was. I thought Andy's outfit was nice, particularly the bathing suit, but nothing to shout about.

Also, I keep hearing how Mondo being nice to Michael C warmed everyone's heart, but I was totally :rolleyes: the whole time. I will give kudos to Michael for rolling his eyes at Ivy on the runway. Although, I don't want the judges to fan his fires...

love skating
09-10-2010, 06:10 AM
This is my first year watching Project Runway, so I was worried that I had bad taste as many of the designs I've liked so far have been in the bottom and many I hated have been at the top.

This week I hated April's outfit. I too thought Andy should have won. I haven't hated Ivy the way many of you do, but I did think she deserved to go home this week with her look. I did think it was hard though to have someone else execute the design. I'm glad for Michael D. that Ivy didn't go so he doesn't have to feel responsible for her elimination. I would've had Cassanova leaving much earlier, so I'm not heartbroken he went. He was a hoot though. I loved his mock hanging himself.

uyeahu
09-10-2010, 06:12 AM
I love Mondo more with each episode. He was being a total bitch, he recognized, adjusted and admitted it. And good for Michael accepting his apology and moving forward with great intention. They showed more maturity that 90% of grownups in this world possess. The result wasn't great, but I didn't think Mondo deserved to be in the bottom. I think the judges/producers were hoping for some drama and trash talking from them and instead they got double rainbows. They were likely very disappointed.

I knew April won as soon as Nina said it was very editorial and Michael said Andy's was very commercial. Or maybe that was Nina too. If they have two favorites editorial always wins out. And I was happy to see her win. The neckline really was interesting and I liked the subtle geometry of the sheer fabric she chose and how she played off it with the panels on the short.

Ivy should be gone. Casanova makes for much better television than Ivy.

DickButtonFan
09-10-2010, 06:29 AM
Wonder if Nicole knows about her doppelgänger and vice versa:D

Jayar
09-10-2010, 06:58 AM
I <3 Nicole and Andy's tonight. Casanova must be eating my diet. Girlfriend is busting out of his clothes. He should have made a muffintop inspired outfit.

Reuven
09-10-2010, 11:10 AM
...who want's to knock-off Gretchen?
Remove the hyphen and there's your answer. Aparently quite a few, and rightly so. :D

Bostonfan
09-10-2010, 12:10 PM
I loved this challenge a lot because of it's relevancy. Yes, they had the challenge of using other people's fabric choices, but executing someone's complete design took it to the next level. Something that all of them need to experience if they have any intentions of producing a line.

Although I adore the divine Tim Gunn, it was nice to see Michael Kors giving the feedback in the workroom. He seemed really excited to be there and give helpful tips.

I loved Andy's piece. It was very versatile and screamed "resort wear". But I'm not surprised the judges went with the more editorial look.

I don't have the Gretchen-hate that others do. I think she's learning a lot about herself. Ivy on the other hand is completely out of touch with reality when it comes to her design expertise.

Mondo is my favorite personality in this group. I really hope he makes the Final 3!

DubbalinGirl
09-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Although I adore the divine Tim Gunn, it was nice to see Michael Kors giving the feedback in the workroom. He seemed really excited to be there and give helpful tips.

I have to wonder if this is a sign of things to come. Watching his video blogs the day after, I feel like Tim thinks his time with PR is coming to an end, and he seems a bit out of synch with the judges this season.

skatesindreams
09-10-2010, 03:08 PM
I was unimpressed with Kors in the workroom.

Poor as Casanova and Ivy's designs were; I would have sent Mondo home.
He should have been embarrassed to send that down the runway!
His attitude only made it seem worse.

I feel like Tim thinks his time with PR is coming to an end, and he seems a bit out of synch with the judges this season.

I'm "out of synch" with the judges, too!
Does anyone appreciate how crucial he is to the success of PR?
I don't kmow whether I'd watch PR without him.

danceronice
09-10-2010, 03:24 PM
I'm having a very WTF moment with April's win. It was so teen vampire wanna-be.

Andy wuz-robbed.

Tell me about it. How is "drowning in black" resort wear? Andy wuzrobbed BIG TIME--his was the only one of the top three anyone with more than half a brain would wear in the tropics. April's proportions were badly done as well--I don't hate the entire idea (at least not Vargas-girl lingerie), but the outfit was a half-centimeter away from a wardrobe malfuntion.

As for the aufing: What. WHAT. Casanova's is NOT old-ladyish (just not resort wear--seriously, wtf kind of old ladies do the judges hang out with) and it WAS well-made, while *I* freakin' could have made Ivy's. Seriously. Give me about six yards of cheap muslin and I will make that outfit and I CAN'T SEW. Actually, give me six yards of cheap muslin and I'll make something BETTER. And I won't throw my help under the bus when I do.

PDilemma
09-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Tell me about it. How is "drowning in black" resort wear? Andy wuzrobbed BIG TIME--his was the only one of the top three anyone with more than half a brain would wear in the tropics. April's proportions were badly done as well--I don't hate the entire idea (at least not Vargas-girl lingerie), but the outfit was a half-centimeter away from a wardrobe malfuntion.

As for the aufing: What. WHAT. Casanova's is NOT old-ladyish (just not resort wear--seriously, wtf kind of old ladies do the judges hang out with) and it WAS well-made, while *I* freakin' could have made Ivy's. Seriously. Give me about six yards of cheap muslin and I will make that outfit and I CAN'T SEW. Actually, give me six yards of cheap muslin and I'll make something BETTER. And I won't throw my help under the bus when I do.

Yeah, I don't know any 70 year olds who would wear something off the shoulder and backless. I think the judges aren't very in touch with what people outside the high fashion/extremely wealthy world wear. And it least it was designed. Ivy's was a pile of fabric. The proportioning was awful. Anyone who is not built like a runway model would look huge wearing it. And I don't need to mention the colors. :confused:

duane
09-10-2010, 04:00 PM
I agree with danceronice. When I think resort wear, I don't think all-black. Andy's outfit was exactly what I envisioned, and the model worked it on the runway!

And, it makes no sense whatsoever that Ivy wasn't sent home. As PDilemma said, her outfit was nothing but a pile of fabric. If PR kept her because they think she is good for television, they are sadly mistaken.

Beefcake
09-10-2010, 04:28 PM
:( Casanova, I'll miss you :( Sweet, weird, funny, lumpy little man.

Well, at least he took "one ball from New York" before being auffed. Tim obviously loved the guy ... I :lol: when Tim gave his usual "we'll miss you" and then almost peed himself laughing when Casanova responded "well, I just leeve right down the street" or something like that.

Friggin' Ivy survived with a NON-design. To me THAT screamed grandmother ... hell, it screamed "grandmother lounging in her Jersey home in her comfortable loose skirt and mumu shirt". But unfortunately, it was poor Casanova, not Ivy, who [I]admitted being inspired by his grandmother. :wideeyes: Never admit such a thing to ninagarcia. Never!

:soapbox: Recount! Andy wuzrobbed. Amazing job on that swimsuit/wrap piece. I didn't "get" April's design, but I'd agree to it being the runner-up. (Kudos to Christopher for constructing it so well. Speaking of the cutie, I think that his aesthetic is very Jackie-O, most among this crew, and that he could finally win a challenge next week.)

:huh: Gretchen was gifted for her misshapen Bea Arthur outfit. I'd have had it: Auffed: Ivy. Chopping block: Gretchen. And Mondo (who's design was, yes, Wal-Mart separates).

So are the judges in a DARK mood this season or what? They talk "color", but through seven challenges this season they've rewarded wins to designs that were all-black (4) and drab-dark navy (1). (Exception: Michael C's cholla dress and Casanova's pants)