PDA

View Full Version : Sew What's Up? Project Runway Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Beefcake
09-09-2010, 06:12 PM
In teams of two, they have to execute the other person's design. What is the point of that? And how will it be judged? If someone gets auffed because they had to make someone else's bad design, I don't think I will be amused. Unless it's Ivy.
ah, but it would be :watch: if Michael C's immunity were to be handed over along with his design to Mondo

Nomad
09-09-2010, 06:21 PM
IIRC, Ivy gets paired up with Michael D tonight. At least last week's preview made it look that way.

all_empty
09-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Ok, I am back from the show (and much-need lunch). Man, it was LONG.

So, I had pretty good vantage point, and then was asked to move to the second row RIGHT BEHIND the judges and guest judge Jessica Simpson! But right before the show started they told me her hair person had to sit there, so I moved back to my seat a few rows back.

Judging by reaction, model selection, and the luxuriousness of fabrics, I'd say Valerie, Michael C, and Gretchen/Andy are the top three. I'm nearly positive about the first person. It was just so polished and her models were a foot taller than the previous' set.

Mondo had the best reaction from the crowd and the funnest collection. His designs were very Richie Rich with playful bows and bold patterns.

Ivy and Gretchen got very muted receptions. Ivy had actually some lovely resort-inspired flowing dresses but the color palette was very safe. Gretchen had just about the ugliest color palette and pattern choices of everyone -- army green, browns.

Lemme know if you want more details, I have to do a much more detailed report later but need to review the look books.

Tesla
09-09-2010, 07:24 PM
What did you think of Michael C's collection?

all_empty
09-09-2010, 07:45 PM
I loved the femininity of the collection and his colors: rich copper tones. His models were also styled beautifully with big wispy hair. I did notice a lot of his dresses had bands of sequins that, in my opinion, were unnecessary. I didn't see any craftmanship issues.

Looking back at my notes, Valerie had the most memorable looks, while Chris had the most forgettable.

Tesla
09-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Thank you!

Allen
09-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Getty Images has images from a few of the collections. In fact, if you look closely in the images, it's clear whose collection begins to who, some outright show the designer with the clothes. I have to say, the collections I saw were really interesting.

Beefcake
09-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Thanks much for the first-hand accounting, allempty! :kickass:

Your view on a couple of them especially Mr. No Skills Michael certainly differs from the Tom & Lorenzo :sekret: that Aceon passed along. Makes it even more :watch:

while Chris had the most forgettable.
No worries. His job is to last at least a few weeks longer, be sweet, and look boyishly cute

Sparks
09-09-2010, 08:49 PM
I agree with Beefy about Chris. :)

Aceon6
09-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Judging by reaction, model selection, and the luxuriousness of fabrics, I'd say Valerie, Michael C, and Gretchen/Andy are the top three. I'm nearly positive about the first person. It was just so polished and her models were a foot taller than the previous' set.

Interesting. BPR has Gretchen, April, Andy, and Mondo as the final 4 with a guess that Gretchen was aufed during a mini collection challenge, primarily due to her demeanor during the opening presentation and walk around with the collection. They pick Mondo for the win.

all_empty
09-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Looking over Tom and Lorenzo's comments, I most agree with them except on Chris and Michael C.

There was nothing special about Chris' collection. Classic yes, and all seen before. I remember one cute hooded dress, but I have absolutely nothing in my notes on him, which is not a good thing.

I can see how they formed their opinion about Michael C. My comments were far from glowing, but I thought his dresses were wearable, sans the sequin details. They must not have liked his final look, which was completely sheer and you could see the model's breasts -- she was on "PR" last year. Agree that Casanova had some MAJOR taste issues.

Beefcake
09-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Interesting. BPR has Gretchen, April, Andy, and Mondo as the final 4 with a guess that Gretchen was aufed during a mini collection challenge, primarily due to her demeanor during the opening presentation and walk around with the collection. They pick Mondo for the win.
Hmmm, I disagree, BPR ... this would be too lazy on the part of PR PTB. BPR's finalists were the last three today -- consecutively, closing the show? This would be a reversal of last year's PR Show where they placed the finalists sort've randomly among the nine who showed ... so not to tip its hat.

all_empty
09-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Sorry, but there is no way Valerie is NOT part of the finale. The workmanship and detail is insane up close and no zippers!.

April's collection was surprisingly strong to me, but the materials didn't look as luxe. Maybe though...

Mondo was just so exuberant that I could see him being in there, but so was Michael C..

Andy is the wildcard. He used predominantly Asian models so it threw me for a loop in terms of model choice. He was also incredibly emotional at the end of his collection as if this was a major triumph.

Gretchen's demeanor was definitely sedate but at the end she did do a little fist pump.

peibeck
09-09-2010, 10:36 PM
OMG, Casanova (http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/103941792/Getty-Images-Entertainment) these pants! :rofl:

Jayar
09-09-2010, 10:47 PM
OMG, Casanova (http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/103941792/Getty-Images-Entertainment) these pants! :rofl:

OMG! I sooooo love that. I am so excited for the Finale. I wish that they would should every eliminated person's collection at the end of their elimination eppy.