PDA

View Full Version : Sew What's Up? Project Runway Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

DubbalinGirl
09-04-2010, 08:35 PM
I would have given the win to Mondo.

Me too. The seams were impeccable and the way the geometry of that dress was just perfect...that all could have gone very wrong very quickly. I have Mondo for the win. But is this first season where the focus is so much on the styling? Earlier in the season someone got some significant grief from the judges on styling. I'd argue that the PiperLime wall sucks, but that's just me. :wideeyes:

shan
09-05-2010, 03:57 AM
I thought Mondo had the best design tonight, despite the styling issues. I don't get the gushing about Michael C.'s dress. I didn't think it was bad, but not as good as Mondo's.

Gretchen's fabric treatment/paint looked like sweat stains. And I didn't care for those boots with it either.

dbell1
09-05-2010, 05:40 AM
Finally got a chance to watch this.

Bye Peach - loved ya and I hope the ladies who lunch are pounding your door down. :cheer2:

I thought Christopher got a gift with his replacement bmaid. That dress was gorgeous.

Valerie dodged a bullet with her colorforms dress. Wretchen too - it looked like skid marks. :yikes:

After reading Peach's comments about Michael C. and his 'character playing', I like him even less, but the bitter brigade being against him is just comic and ratings gold.

((Mondo))

Nomad
09-05-2010, 07:33 AM
Valerie dodged a bullet with her colorforms dress. Wretchen too - it looked like skid marks. :yikes:

:lol: I don't understand why Tim liked that.

After reading Peach's comments about Michael C. and his 'character playing', I like him even less, but the bitter brigade being against him is just comic and ratings gold.

Initially I liked Michael C, but after reading what Peach had to say...not so much. I was glad to read that she confirmed what other posters have said upthread - that you can't get the "bitch edit" without giving the producers something to earn it. Coming from someone as nice and positive as Peach, I have no trouble believing that.

Beefcake
09-05-2010, 06:56 PM
I thought so! You don't get everybody but the clueless Casanova thinking negatively about you -- and expressing it in one way or another (or many ways if you're Gretchen, Ivy, Andy and Valerie -- unless you're a big ol' B yourself.

Editors are doing a fine job hiding MC's douchebaggery so far. Hmmm. I'm hoping that it's because there they must have a "victim" for the seasons' two main villians (Envy/Gretchen) while they're both still on the show (how long can Ivy last w/o a top 3 appearance?) and will build a quick downfall for MC later ... vs. hiding MC's douchebaggery due to his being top 3 and them wanting a Good/Evil showdown with Gretchen. Ugh!

Tom/Lorenzo: Alright, enough of that, let’s gossip. What is going on with this group this season? A.J. last night tweeted that Michael Costello was a "massive d-bag" and that he was acting for the cameras. Everyone hates him but he comes across as this little wounded lamb to us. What’s the deal with Michael Costello, Peach?

Peach: [Laughs] Michael Costello came onto the show, he even said this to us, because he wants his own reality show and he’s creating this character that you see. There were two sides of Michael Costello and one of them did not have the nicest language; not just curse words, subject matter too. I don’t know how to put it, but he is not the victim that they’re painting him to be.

We guess the producers decided to pick someone else as the villain, namely Gretchen.
Well, there were a couple of other villains and God bless them, go for it. They do have a couple of villains they get to have fun with because they did really set themselves up for what they’ve been portrayed as, but Michael Costello should not be pitied.

shan
09-05-2010, 07:18 PM
I do wonder how long Ivy can last. Her designs aren't that great, in fact I can't think of even one that's been good. She's been lucky that other designers have been worse.

Sparks
09-05-2010, 07:32 PM
I do wonder how long Ivy can last. Her designs aren't that great, in fact I can't think of even one that's been good. She's been lucky that other designers have been worse.

Yes. That can't last forever.

Nomad
09-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Ivy could last quite a while - look at how long Kayne, Chris M, Suede, and Logan lasted, despite being in or B3 most of the competition.

susan6
09-05-2010, 07:51 PM
I absolutely adore the fact that Michael Kors couldn't come up with the phrase "pot-luck". That's so.....not surprising.

Mondo absolutely should have won, and while Michael C's dress wasn't bad, his win was judge/producer manipulation to milk the drama. Michael C's dress would have been vastly improved by Coco Chanelling it....remove one item. Unfortunately I have to agree with Wretchen and disagree with Nina; the dress had too much going on (satin AND lace AND pocket AND velvet trim in back) and would have been well served by removing one of these design details (the velvet trim in the back could easily go).

If Peach had removed the ridiculous partial peplum her outfit probably would have been safe. Too bad, I'll miss her and her comments like "showing the good china".

Peach's comment on Michael C isn't surprising. A lot of people seem to try to get on reality competitions to try to milk them for exposure and their own shows. Consider all the rumors about Miles on Work of Art (is he really OCD, or is it an act) and consider how many straight up douchebags do manage to get their own reality shows. So he's acting, but I'm not sure Wretchen and Ivy are. Ivy's too clueless to pull that much of an act, and who would ever deliberately take on the character of Wretchen?

manleywoman
09-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Mondo absolutely should have won, . . .

While I would have preferred Mondo won over Michael, it all came down to the styling. If Mondo hadn't given his model a total bad prom hairdo, he'd have won.

shan
09-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Ivy could last quite a while - look at how long Kayne, Chris M, Suede, and Logan lasted, despite being in or B3 most of the competition.

Yeah, but didn't they have decent garments most of the time. I only remember bad designs from her. But maybe I'm not remembering her work correctly.

Nomad
09-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Kayne and Suede got smacked around for their taste (or lack thereof); Chris was up and down, IIRC; I don't remember a single thing Logan made.

shan
09-05-2010, 11:48 PM
I actually only remember Kayne and Chris... There was a Suede? :shuffle:

Reuven
09-06-2010, 12:09 AM
Talked about himself in the third person all the time. Reuven found him very annoying.

shan
09-06-2010, 12:16 AM
I think that was the season that shan didn't have cable and didn't watch on the internet.
No wonder shan doesn't remember Suede!