PDA

View Full Version : Sew What's Up? Project Runway Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Aceon6
09-03-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm going to miss Peach, especially with the upcoming resort challenge. Isn't it always the way that folks seem to get auf'd just as their sweet spot is coming up? I'm also going to miss Peach as she seemed to be helping April get a more realistic view of what's out there enough for the judges, yet wearable enough to avoid negative comments at the other end.

As for Wretchen and Poison Ivy, enough already. Holier than thou hippie, get off my screen. Mean girl, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Christopher for the win!

cruisin
09-03-2010, 02:27 PM
I missed the show, had company, and only saw the elimination segment. Gretchen, as usual, was a witch. I just went to the PR site and looked at the outfits, I liked April's the best - better than Michael's. I also, kind of liked Andy's.

Thanks, Bostonfan, for the link - love Tim! He may have burried the hatchet with Gretchen last night (wish he could have burried it in her ass :lol:), but I think it will be out and swinging again. I don't think she can edit herself in any way.

PDilemma
09-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Team Challenge - he refers to Gretchen as "The 3 Faces of Eve" and "Quasi-psychotic Design Director"! Ouch! Although he does give her props for taking the high road in dealing with him in the next challenge. He seems to think the judges chose to auf A.J. because they have a soft spot for Gretchen and it wasn't producer intervention. But who knows?

He did say he was basing that on things that were said in the entire unedited judging deliberations.

duane
09-03-2010, 03:15 PM
I'm in total agreement with the judges. I'm not only glad that Michael C won, but think he deserved it. Mondo's outfit was nice, but why did he decide on that awful hair for the model?? It looked like a bad 1960's wig.

Allen
09-03-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm in total agreement with the judges. I'm not only glad that Michael C won, but think he deserved it. Mondo's outfit was nice, but why did he decide on that awful hair for the model?? It looked like a bad 1960's wig.

I agree on the styling of Mondo's model. He made her look like a guidette :)

I have to say, I laughed out loud when Michael walked in and said he won and Ivy said "Of course you did." I liked Michael C's, it looked similar to some Balmain dresses from a couple seasons ago. I actually liked April's outfit the best and her model walked the living daylights out of it. I couldn't understand why Christopher's was in the top because most of the judges didn't seem to like it that much.

cynthiabc
09-03-2010, 03:30 PM
I loved when Casanova stated that both Gretchen and Michael C had two wins. It was as close to a nice comment as anyone has spoken to Michael.

Ivy gets on my nerves more than Gretchen. I can't remember, in any season, that I so much wanted someone off. She is nasty and I have not liked her work.

duane
09-03-2010, 03:31 PM
I couldn't understand why Christopher's was in the top because most of the judges didn't seem to like it that much. I thought the dress made it look as if one of the model's breast was exposed.

sk9tingfan
09-03-2010, 03:44 PM
what I picked up the computer to say is blech on Gretchen. Don't be trash-talking Tim.

Although I have a far more critical view of Gretchen, a perfect name for her is Kvetchen! :P

Rob
09-03-2010, 04:06 PM
I don't like shiny black dresses or dresses with lace necks so I would have chosen Mondo as the winner. But that was worth it!

Peach's dress was abysmal.

With Michael's, I get the trying to cover the pink with some tulle or chiffon to tone it down, but don't make it a tutu.

PDilemma
09-03-2010, 04:12 PM
I loved when Casanova stated that both Gretchen and Michael C had two wins. It was as close to a nice comment as anyone has spoken to Michael.

Ivy gets on my nerves more than Gretchen. I can't remember, in any season, that I so much wanted someone off. She is nasty and I have not liked her work.

And Gretchen's face when he said it was priceless!

As for Ivy...while Gretchen seems like a manipulative egotistical bitch, Ivy just comes off as a sorry little wannabe following her around. It's all very junior high.

Beefcake
09-03-2010, 04:29 PM
:watch: I'm convinced -- and you can't tell me otherwise :P -- that DadMichael's win last night was maneuvered to cause the collective head explosions of the Suryas (Gretchen, Ivy and Andy). I envision Lifetime providing a daily morning memo to the judges to "create drama, per XX clause of your new contract". BOY are they honoring that contract!

C's dress was a trashy mess of fabrics and ideas that practically screamed "hey, here's my hooha". Not nearly trashy mess enough for him to be in the bottom 3, however, as this was a tough challenge with a few misses ... horrendous original dresses across the board, resulting in not too great projects. Mondo's, Andy's, and Gretchen's were strong pieces ... and would have been my top 3.

Christopher's was obviously not ninagarcia's nor michael's favorite, so his T3 appearance was courtesy of the guest judge absolutely loving it (Heidi to a lesser extent). That's cool with me, as this is a nice nullification of his B3 hat challenge appearance wherein the guest judge abhored Christopher's dress (:blah: because it made the outfit not all about the friggin hat), that might've otherwise had a shot at the T3.

Ivy put out yet another nice Spiegel worthy design. Yawn. Shut up, Ivy! :rolleyes: Seriously, now, I think that Gretchen is pure entertainment, and look forward to her sometimes spot-on sometimes random and sometimes hilariously deluded candids ... but I want Ivy's screechy, entitled, banshee self gone!

While I agree with the "Michael C doesn't have the skills" camp (Ivy, Gretchen, Andy, Other Michael, Valerie), I'm getting tired of hearing it. Leave the guy alone, and -- to the Suryas -- at least pretend like you're happy for him. Bitch about the judges if you must, but show Michael 200% more respect. The reaction of the Ivy/Gretchen/Andy upon Michael announcing he'd won was :rolleyes: extremely baby-ish and unsportsmanlike. Thanks, Casanova, for extending your hand to Michael, and even more for making Gretchen acknowledge that she and Michael were the jolly, peas-in-a-pod "twice winners". :lol:

Great season, for far, despite my disagreements over most of the winning designs. :encore: They've gotten all of the auffings correct, I think, except maybe the first one.

skatesindreams
09-03-2010, 05:56 PM
While I agree with the "Michael C doesn't have the skills" camp (Ivy, Gretchen, Andy, Other Michael, Valerie), I'm getting tired of hearing it

Even though I don't know what the judges see in his designs, the others should accept and deal with the fact that they do like them.
I would have given the win to Mondo.

LadyGray
09-03-2010, 07:37 PM
I would have given the win to Mondo, too. The thing with Gretchen complaining about not knowing what the point is of staying on the show/in the competition if the judges are going to give wins to designs/workmanship like Michael's: that's almost exactly how I felt about her two wins. Her dress in the first challenge didn't even register with me when it came down the runway. It was totally forgettable and not attractive in any way. I did not remember seeing it when the model came back out for the judges' comments for the top and bottom 3 and I was totally taken aback by her consequent win.

As for the romper that won the billboard challenge, I thought Mondo was completely robbed.

hydro
09-03-2010, 07:46 PM
While I agree with the "Michael C doesn't have the skills" camp (Ivy, Gretchen, Andy, Other Michael, Valerie), I'm getting tired of hearing it. Leave the guy alone, and -- to the Suryas -- at least pretend like you're happy for him. Bitch about the judges if you must, but show Michael 200% more respect. The reaction of the Ivy/Gretchen/Andy upon Michael announcing he'd won was :rolleyes: extremely baby-ish and unsportsmanlike. Thanks, Casanova, for extending your hand to Michael, and even more for making Gretchen acknowledge that she and Michael were the jolly, peas-in-a-pod "twice winners". :lol:

What amuses me is that Ivy was all about "character" and she couldn't even muster a small congratulations to Michael C. She just blurts out "or course you did" with a disgusted look on her face. Is it any wonder why someone would call her a bitch?

And I don't think anyone did, I think she made up the entire bitch-comment cause she saw Michael C had more buttons than she did.

Beefcake
09-03-2010, 07:48 PM
As for the romper that won the billboard challenge, I thought Mondo was completely robbed.
I did too ... Mondo robbage-o-meter is now at "2". Poor guy, previews seem have him paired with MC for next week's challenge, apparently very angry w/MC's contribution, and possibly in trouble on the runway.

:watch: If I've got it right, next eppy will be the second time that MC has had immunity during a team challenge, but this time there seems to be just one teammate to choose from for auffing should things end up really badly. ((((Mondo))))