PDA

View Full Version : Sew What's Up? Project Runway Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

dbell1
08-30-2010, 12:46 AM
I liked Ivy better when she was lying on the floor and not talking.

Our cable gives us extended judges comments and they really tossed Michael under the bus. Ivy said he spent 6 hours on the neckline before she had to help him and Wretchen did the 'he can't sew' crap again. Think they're still bitter about losing to him last week?

emason
08-30-2010, 12:49 AM
[QUOTE=PrincessLeppard;2859634

Yes, I'm still bitter. :P At least Austin has another show now. And I'll shut up about Wendy. :D[/QUOTE]

Austin, let's be honest, also has a far, far better career at this point; he is THE breakout star of Season 1. Wendy who?

Beefcake
08-30-2010, 12:56 AM
Finally caught this eppy. Awesomeness. Gretchen is reality TV GOLD! She "had" to stay around, as there's much too much to come. :drama: Including fallout over Tim's emphatic flogging of Gretchen's personality and bossiness.

Since the panel continues to refuse to auf the deluded banshee Ivy (her Maude outfit was just as awful as AJ's mop woman thing) it came down to a choice between auffing their season's gold calf or the most expendable of the cast. Yeh, easy call.

Valerie had candid after candid that were spot-on and/or eventually proved to be accurate. Good narrator eppy for her, sort've making up for hers being the weakest among the lace team.

Glad the Drama Princess "And I'm getting FAAAT!" Casanova won the challenge. Go "Fish In Water"! His or April's would be my choice. Was afraid that they might lean toward Peach, whose top was great but skirt was much too on-the-nose for "military".

Team Luxe's mess "did" look like a sloppier version of someone's design aesthetic -- Gretchen's.

Glad that Christopher was sent off "safe" first among the last five, methinks as small kudos for doing very nice work on the two pairs of pants. Hope that he sticks around a long while. Boy is really easy on the eyes, comes across as "above the bitchfest (even though he did join in on the DaddyMichael dissing)," and puts out well-made stuff every week. No arguments "against" in my book In a related thought, I demand the requisite shirtless ironing or running to the shower scenes that Bravo was always so nice to provide its target audience!

my little pony
08-30-2010, 01:19 AM
Both Gretchen and her clothes are a little too Breyer Horse Collector for me. She's not the slightest bit fashion forward. This wks collection, which according to her was mostly her idea, looks like it came from Chico's.

succubus
08-30-2010, 01:22 AM
Finally caught this eppy. Awesomeness. Gretchen is reality TV GOLD! She "had" to stay around, as there's much too much to come. :drama: Including fallout over Tim's emphatic flogging of Gretchen's personality and bossiness.

Since the panel continues to refuse to auf the deluded banshee Ivy (her Maude outfit was just as awful as AJ's mop woman thing) it came down to a choice between auffing their season's gold calf or the most expendable of the cast. Yeh, easy call.

Valerie had candid after candid that were spot-on and/or eventually proved to be accurate. Good narrator eppy for her, sort've making up for hers being the weakest among the lace team.

Glad the Drama Princess "And I'm getting FAAAT!" Casanova won the challenge. Go "Fish In Water"! His or April's would be my choice. Was afraid that they might lean toward Peach, whose top was great but skirt was much too on-the-nose for "military".

Team Luxe's mess "did" look like a sloppier version of someone's design aesthetic -- Gretchen's.

Glad that Christopher was sent off "safe" first among the last five, methinks as small kudos for doing very nice work on the two pairs of pants. Hope that he sticks around a long while. Boy is really easy on the eyes, comes across as "above the bitchfest (even though he did join in on the DaddyMichael dissing)," and puts out well-made stuff every week. No arguments "against" in my book In a related thought, I demand the requisite shirtless ironing or running to the shower scenes that Bravo was always so nice to provide its target audience!

This.

Also, j'adore TLo.

cruisin
08-30-2010, 03:24 AM
Both Gretchen and her clothes are a little too Breyer Horse Collector for me. She's not the slightest bit fashion forward. This wks collection, which according to her was mostly her idea, looks like it came from Chico's.

You may be insulting Chico's here :D

DickButtonFan
08-30-2010, 04:19 AM
Heyyyyyy I'm a Breyer horse collector lol

Anyways I really like Valerie, she seems like she was totally ripped off. Should have won at least one challenge, like the napkin dress.

Gretchen is annoying but it's not her fault the designers did such a bad job on their designs.

Allen
08-30-2010, 04:58 AM
I liked Gretchen up to this episode because she was creating clothing I liked. However, I just despised the way she went about her rant during the judging. I have a feeling she made the judges dislike her enough she she will go home the first time she has a subpar design, even if its not the worst.

I like Valerie in the sense that I think I might like to hang out with her, but her clothes are pretty mundane. I liked the napkin dress, but I felt Andy's ribbon dress was far superior.

So far, I'm enjoying this season overall, but something seems to be missing, but I'm not sure what it is.

Rob
08-30-2010, 03:31 PM
Her little wanna-be mean girl Ivy, however, I could do without. How did she make it past the first episode again?
In the very first episode, when they introduced Ivy and showed some of her preshow work, I thought, wow, I am really going to like her stuff. I have not seen one bit of that in her work on the show. In fact, if you look at her porfolio online, her preshow sketches look so much better than her actual preshow garments.

cruisin
08-30-2010, 03:44 PM
In the very first episode, when they introduced Ivy and showed some of her preshow work, I thought, wow, I am really going to like her stuff. I have not seen one bit of that in her work on the show. In fact, if you look at her porfolio online, her preshow sketches look so much better than her actual preshow garments.

The time factor may be an issue for her. Some people can do the one day project, others need more think time.

Nomad
08-30-2010, 05:04 PM
I think that (like a lot of "conceptual" designers) Ivy has a real problem looking objectively at her own work. She sees the outfit and only the outfit, not how it looks on the model. The Party Glitters challenge is a good example. She managed to make a runway model look chunky. The entire dress didn't have to be petals/scales/whatever.

danceronice
08-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Speaking of horses (and don't be dissin' Breyers, some of mine are worth more than most people's skates and blades) the "breeches" look on that one outfit....has he ever SEEN a pair of riding breeches? Yeah, most currently-trendy "equestrian" stuff looks so cheap as to be laughable but the knee patches were like half the leg.

(It's insanely funny to those of us who wear the real thing how much people are paying right now for paddock boots and breeches knock-offs that wouldn't last five minutes in real use while we've had the real thing for years.)

peibeck
09-03-2010, 02:18 AM
OMG these are some ugly dresses. Poor polyester bridesmaids!

There was an interview with Michael D and AJ last week in the St. Louis Post Dispatch, that said the designers remaining after this week will all present at Fashion Week, with of course only the top 3 being judged.

PDilemma
09-03-2010, 02:25 AM
OMG these are some ugly dresses. Poor polyester bridesmaids!

There was an interview with Michael D and AJ last week in the St. Louis Post Dispatch, that said the designers remaining after this week will all present at Fashion Week, with of course only the top 3 being judged.

Oh, I used to have uglier ones than that in my closet. I gave them all to Goodwill last time I moved. I had one with puffed sleeves that would make Anne Shirley die of envy. I had one with a horrific floral print that had an overlay of sheer beige fabric, and it was a completely shapeless long dress with the shape of a t-shirt on top. We looked like someone's faded living room upholstery left over from 1972.

But I digress.....what I picked up the computer to say is blech on Gretchen. Don't be trash-talking Tim.

PrincessLeppard
09-03-2010, 02:42 AM
After that phony conversation with her mother, I dislike Gretchen even more.

Also, if Michael C is telling the guests about who is a "bitch," then let us see it. And if he didn't say it, we need to know that as well.