PDA

View Full Version : Sew What's Up? Project Runway Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

RockTheTassel
08-28-2010, 05:34 PM
IAWTC. I think Wendy felt rather isolated and ganged-up on, and she came from a totally different background to most so of course she didn't mesh (though in the final three, she didn't have nearly have as many issues with Jay).

:huh: Now that I really don't get. In the beginning of that season, Wendy was accepted and even liked by everyone. They were all kindly joking about her being the mom of the bunch, and she seemed to be getting along great with everyone. It was after a couple episodes that she became totally weird and revealed that bizarre plan she had to pretend to care about people only to manipulate them. The dislike for Wendy had nothing to do with her being from a different background. It was her own strange behavior.

Jubak
08-28-2010, 08:38 PM
I've gotta say, out of all of them, Gretchen does seem to have some talent and at least knows how to sew. I personally would not have picked camel as the dominant color as it is bland & neutral. The team was dead from the start. She should not have thrown Michael under the bus and acted like a jerk, esp since she took over & dominated as "team leader"

I was happy to see Casanova win this one but I have trouble w/his dumb act as he is clearly the most talented tailor of everyone, but yes, he is conservative. That is a shame. It looks like he is in the vein of Wendy or Rami in terms of knowing how to construct, but he clearly designs like he is doing couture for a couture customer, not a fashion-forward one.

To everyone questioning about making an outfit in 8 hrs, if you are a pro it is easy & I say easy to do if you supposedly know how to sew well. I can speak for this from years of costume design and a fashion degree. I can turn out women's basic 17th & 18th century dresses in about 3 hrs and a men's frock coat in 4, with full tailoring, so I don't feel sorry for them on time. And I know that they would hold up to any judging as far as finishing.

They are making some pretty easy modern clothing. Only the ones with multiple seaming details and/or several pieces can be forgiven a little & that is only about planning. They know the time constraints so shouldn't try to do what they know that they can't produce. It makes for good TV drama.

skatesindreams
08-29-2010, 12:38 AM
To everyone questioning about making an outfit in 8 hrs, if you are a pro it is easy & I say easy to do if you supposedly know how to sew well. I can speak for this from years of costume design and a fashion degree. I can turn out women's basic 17th & 18th century dresses in about 3 hrs and a men's frock coat in 4, with full tailoring, so I don't feel sorry for them on time. And I know that they would hold up to any judging as far as finishing.

I don't think that most of thsi group has anything resembling your skillset!

LordCirque
08-29-2010, 06:33 AM
I totally call Producer Elimination on that one. There was no other reason to not eliminate Gretchen. She was the one responsible for that loss.

However, love or hate Gretchen, she is entertaining. She brings the evil snark like no other. Ivy is too annoying. Gretchen is just a flat out bitch, to the point where she makes Santino and Wendy look like people you'd want to be BFFs with.

I think losing her would be a hit to the entertainment value of the season.

All that said, Gretchen is at least as good a designer as she thinks she is, up until this challenge anyway.

But I still wanted her gone after this episode. And I had basically ZERO problem with her prior to tonights judging. She was actually one of my favorites, I always love a stronger personality with talent.

PrincessLeppard
08-29-2010, 02:46 PM
I still hate Wendy more. It's close, but Wendy is forever the reason my beloved Austin was not in the final three.

I finally saw the episode. While I do understand why AJ got kicked off, I would have sent Gretchen or Ivy packing. Gretchen for ruining the collection and Ivy for that atrocity she sent down the runway.

The only pieces I liked in the Team Luxe collection were Michael C's shirt, and Christopher's pants. The rest was horrific.

shan
08-29-2010, 03:22 PM
I was :rofl: at one of the judges describing Ivy's outfit as "Golden Girls". It really did look like something Bea Arthur would wear. :scream:

Allen
08-29-2010, 03:50 PM
I was :rofl: at one of the judges describing Ivy's outfit as "Golden Girls". It really did look like something Bea Arthur would wear. :scream:

Michael loves to reference The Golden Girls...I don't remember when, but I remember him saying that someone's outfit looked like Rue McClanahan from the 80s.

shan
08-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Michael loves to reference The Golden Girls...I don't remember when, but I remember him saying that someone's outfit looked like Rue McClanahan from the 80s.

Well this time he was spot on!!!

duane
08-29-2010, 04:32 PM
The losing team all said beforehand that they would not throw anyone under the bus. AJ said that he hopes no one will do so once they are before the judges, and both Ivy and Gretchen said no way--that it's not their "style". Eventually, everyone except AJ (who was sent home) did just that, calling out Michael C as the weak link who lacks technical skills.

Aceon6
08-29-2010, 04:59 PM
She also seems absolutely oblivious to how she comes across--not that she IS a sociopath, but there's something very sociopath/narcissist about her inability to take criticism. ...
She either REALLY let those wins go to her head, or she's really not used to being told she's wrong or has done something poorly.

I've seen Gretchen in some of our younger staff at work. Entitled is more like it. Combine that with a fanatical insistence on "earth friendly" fabrics, and you get a holier than thou byotch.

Nomad
08-29-2010, 05:04 PM
Well this time he was spot on!!!

Unlike Valerie, who said Michael C's winning dress was "Mae West." WTF? Has she ever seen a movie, or even a picture, of Mae West? Possibly the stupidest comment this season so far.

Matryeshka
08-29-2010, 05:12 PM
Love her, hate her, I for one am grateful she was cast--that episode was so classic. I swear, the producers made the show 90 minutes just to get in more of this. The producers probably went wild with glee and dollar signs when they saw this runway.

It had so much more of the PR "Bravo" feel than most of the previous episodes.

I kinda hope they keep Gretechen around a bit just to see what shenanigans she pulls :watch: Her little wanna-be mean girl Ivy, however, I could do without. How did she make it past the first episode again?

Nomad
08-29-2010, 05:17 PM
^ I would have auf'ed Ivy and Jason in the first ep. McKell's dress had issues, but nothing as bad as the crap those two sent down the runway.

PrincessLeppard
08-30-2010, 12:11 AM
I kinda hope they keep Gretechen around a bit just to see what shenanigans she pulls :watch: Her little wanna-be mean girl Ivy, however, I could do without. How did she make it past the first episode again?

Gretchen is a better designer than Wendy, but if she keeps up the crap, I hope they don't keep her too long. Wendy should've been auf'ed several times, and the one time she makes something decent, the stupid guest judge picks it to wear, and Austin gets auf'ed instead.

Yes, I'm still bitter. :P At least Austin has another show now. And I'll shut up about Wendy. :D

Nomad
08-30-2010, 12:28 AM
IIRC, Wendy had to make significant changes to that dress before the guest judge actually wore it.