PDA

View Full Version : Sew What's Up? Project Runway Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

PDilemma
08-27-2010, 03:14 AM
Gretchen is pitiful.

I really wish they would send her home. But I'm sure they won't.

hydro
08-27-2010, 03:17 AM
Gretchen is pitiful.

I really wish they would send her home. But I'm sure they won't.

I agree. Why can't she shut up for one minute? Why must she comment on EVERYTHING?

That collection was terrible.

Aaron W
08-27-2010, 03:20 AM
I'm assuming A.J. will be going home. Of the five up for elimination, he's been the weakest this season. Combine that with the judges' immense distaste for what he created today and I think his time has run out.

hydro
08-27-2010, 03:24 AM
I'm assuming A.J. will be going home. Of the five up for elimination, he's been the weakest this season. Combine that with the judges' immense distaste for what he created today and I think his time has run out.

Which is a shame, because Ivy clearly had the worst outfit. She made the toothpick skinny model look poofy and pregnant.

my little pony
08-27-2010, 03:27 AM
Is Ivy the official season 7 villain (tm)? because she makes a lot of sucky things and they dont even pretend that she may be going home

PDilemma
08-27-2010, 03:28 AM
Is Ivy the official season 7 villain (tm)? because she makes a lot of sucky things and they dont even pretend that she may be going home

It's got to be Gretchen. She's a witch and has an ego the size of NYC.

danceronice
08-27-2010, 03:30 AM
I smell "producer intervention" because if looks could kill, Kors and ninagarcia would have KILLED Gretchen. Then Heidi's death glare would have set the corpse on fire.

And Tim Gunn is either TRYING to get fired, or the most awesome human being currently alive. Quite possibly both.

PDilemma
08-27-2010, 03:32 AM
I smell "producer intervention" because if looks could kill, Kors and ninagarcia would have KILLED Gretchen. Then Heidi's death glare would have set the corpse on fire.

And Tim Gunn is either TRYING to get fired, or the most awesome human being currently alive. Quite possibly both.

Tim is definitely among the most awesome human beings ever on television!

Gretchen should have been gone.

haribobo
08-27-2010, 03:50 AM
Gretchen is just SO clueless about how obnoxious EVERYTHING she says is. God she's annoying. And terrible.

Ivy really hasn't done well at all, but I kind of love her personality. Except when she was being all fakey on the runway judging. I'm happy for Casanova even though he's been dreadful up until now. AJ was a twat and needed to go anyway.

April's whole group did great. Good for them. Not a bad piece in that bunch.

And Tim, WOW. :respec: danceronice, you said it all.

Bostonfan
08-27-2010, 03:56 AM
Tim does not need this gig. He strikes me as someone who lives comfortably and is not seeking fame and fortune. He is who he is, and he doesn't mince words. Granted the words he chooses usually come across very thoughtfully. So when he does get harsh, it's all the more jarring. Tim invests himself emotionally with these designers in his mentor role and can't just stay objective all the time.

It was all the more shocking because he spoke about her in front of her. She got her feelings hurt as a result. Yet I don't think for one second she understood that she did the exact same thing when she hammered away at Michael in front of him and hurt his feelings.

He's been away for a couple of weeks, so I can't wait until he blogs again on FaceBook!

dbell1
08-27-2010, 04:45 AM
:kickass: Tim!!! Loved loved loved the Gretchen & gang of sheep smackdown!!

Ugh @ Quitternova winning.

Reuven
08-27-2010, 11:08 AM

I kinda figured Her Royal Bitchiness wouldn't be going because the producers probably think she's "good television." :P

As for Tim, I'd almost turn for that man! ;)

Aceon6
08-27-2010, 02:12 PM
Gretchen is this season's Wendy Pepper... cold, calculating, very aware of what she's doing, and competent enough to avoid the bottom 3 most of the time. We're stuck with her until the final 4.

skatesindreams
08-27-2010, 03:14 PM
I wish I could give Tim some FSU "Rep"!

danceronice
08-27-2010, 03:58 PM
I would say Wendy never went nearly as far as Gretchen did last night. Nor were the other designers at all intimidated by her. Wendy wasn't especially friendly (not hard to understand, really, as she had nothing in common with any of the other designers) but I don't recal her ever declaring herself dictator of group projects, bullying everyone into a 'let's stick together' strategy and then changing her tune the minute as soon as the judges called BS, and throwing EVERYONE under the bus but most notably Michael C. I mean, maybe it's because Wendy had a kid and I have never seen any of the "mom" contestants be THAT overtly nasty (because they're old enough as a rule to know better and know playground shenangens when they see it), but Gretchen really just laid into him and the rest (except poor AJ) went along with her.

The worst part is, I really don't think she understands why the judges and Tim were so mad at her. (And much as I think they're often nuts, Kors, ninagarcia and Heidi all looked PISSED at her.) She really is quite possibly the nastiest piece of work PR's ever had--there have been designers who are cranky, who overestimate themselves, who are snots to the competition, but she seems genuinely vile and clueless about it being HER problem.